Obamacare Good or Bad ?

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
Must not too many people think ACA is bad they have had a record number of signups since Nov 1st. More than the past couple of years.

I received a notice that my insurance will cost me 9000 next year.

For that, I get a 6500 dollar deductible and absolutely NOTHING covered. No doctor visits, no medications, no blood work, nada.

Does that sound like a good deal to anybody else? It amounts to nothing more than an onerous burden being placed on middle income earners so as to feather the nests of the insurance companies and to benefit those who do not work at all.

You better look elsewhere, Dogmaphobe. How big is your family?

That is just for me. My older son gets his through work, and my younger gets his through my ex wife's, also through work. At this point, I am just going to say "fuck it" and hope nothing catastrophic happens to me in the next two years when I am eligible for medicare.

For that, I get a 6500 dollar deductible and absolutely NOTHING covered. No doctor visits, no medications, no blood work, nada.

Does that sound like a good deal to anybody else? It amounts to nothing more than an onerous burden being placed on middle income earners so as to feather the nests of the insurance companies and to benefit those who do not work at all.

Welcome to ACA!

Hello, In France we have a good cover for health and médicament but thing are changing we have some médicament that are not Reimbursed.

And we are forced to take generic drugs that are not the same drugs as the brand in question, I do not know much about American care, reimbursement, taken care of.
Is it better with Obamacare, is it cheaper for you Americans your healthcare system?

The US is THE only advanced post industrial nation on the planet that simply chooses not to have all of its citizens covered by healthcare insurance. And no one pays more for comparatively shitty healthcare outcomes relative to single payer systems.

Part true, part not.

The U.S., as a whole, has decided it is not the role of government to cover everyone. Even President Obama admitted the ACA would not do that. That is true.

We do pay more than anyone else for our healthcare, on average. Last report was over 10,000 per person per year. That is unsustainable and it is true.

As to outcomes, you won't get better, more technologically advanced care than in the U.S. For many of us, it is the best system in the world, by far. So, your last statement is either an overgeneralization or an out and out lie. My guess is the first. That statement has to be further modified to provide an apples to apples comparison.

Welcome to ACA!

That is amazingly sad.
ACA is very good.

And it is working.

Leave it alone and it will work just fine.

Supporting claims ?

Welcome to ACA!

That is amazingly sad.
ACA is very good.

And it is working.

Supporting claims ?
The fact that the Trump admin won't support it. The fact the GOP won't support.

The fact that the GOP and Trump own it.

Hello, In France we have a good cover for health and médicament but thing are changing we have some médicament that are not Reimbursed.

And we are forced to take generic drugs that are not the same drugs as the brand in question, I do not know much about American care, reimbursement, taken care of.
Is it better with Obamacare, is it cheaper for you Americans your healthcare system?
Our Healthcare is a ridiculously overpriced mess. Obamacare is the first thing that helps poor working people and offers a possible solution. Vive La France! Continue to refuse to take any s***! LOL

Welcome to ACA!

That is amazingly sad.
ACA is very good.

And it is working.

Supporting claims ?

Can you explain how that makes it good ?

I don't see the connection.

If the answer is that the GOP is evil, don't bother.

Welcome to ACA!

That is amazingly sad.
ACA is very good.

And it is working.

Supporting claims ?

Of course the GOP Masters are evil. Everyone knows that except the dupes of their propaganda machine like you...

Welcome to ACA!

That is amazingly sad.
ACA is very good.

And it is working.

Supporting claims ?

Of course the GOP Masters are evil. Everyone knows that except the dupes of their propaganda machine like you...

Thank you for helping me to know who is interested in honest discussion and who is just here to behave like a child.

Go have your mommy feed you....you sound irritable.

Welcome to ACA!

That is amazingly sad.
ACA is very good.

And it is working.

Supporting claims ?

Thank you for helping me to know who is interested in honest discussion and who is just here to behave like a child.

So how is the Hillary prosecution coming, dupe?

That is amazingly sad.
Supporting claims ?

So how is the Hillary prosecution coming, dupe?

They are prosecuting Hillary ?

I had no idea they were prosecuting Hillary.

Or did you just need a reason to call me a dupe ?

Does that make you feel better ?

BTW: This thread is about Obamacare.

Nobody has any good measuring stick to determine if it is good or bad....or should I say there is nothing people have agreed to.

Welcome to ACA!

That is amazingly sad.
ACA is very good.

And it is working.

Supporting claims ?
The fact that the Trump admin won't support it. The fact the GOP won't support. The fact that the GOP and Trump own it.
Can you explain how that makes it good ? I don't see the connection. If the answer is that the GOP is evil, don't bother.
Who said that? Only the guilty flee when none pursue. The House and the Senate GOP are just too far apart to repeal ACA as part of tax reform.

Forum List

Back