Obamacare... against most Americans self interest.

If you live in the US then your society decided these things. The fact you do not agree with them does not impact what the society you are a part of has decided

I may reside in the United States, but I hold no kinship with the Society of the nation in this day and age. The America I hold kinship with, and which my family helped found and protect is but a faint memory these days.

If you live in the US then your society decided these things. The fact you do not agree with them does not impact what the society you are a part of has decided

I may reside in the United States, but I hold no kinship with the Society of the nation in this day and age. The America I hold kinship with, and which my family helped found and protect is but a faint memory these days.

You clearly do not understand what a society is, as such there is no reason to continue to discuss this

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

You clearly do not understand what a society is, as such there is no reason to continue to discuss this

I am well aware of what a Society is. I am also well aware thst I do my damndest to avoid as much of modern American "Society" as I possibly can. I exist on the fringes of your Society, not as a member of it.

The mandate is absolutely unconstitutional and unnecessary

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
Republicans knock holes in Affordable Care Act but don’t demolish the law

I like how the GOP didn't spike-strip Obamacare, but just let enough air out of the tires so it will eventually wobble off into a ditch.

That's brutal. :laugh:

Yes, it is brutal to leave in place all of the hospital killing regulations and then celebrate fucking over people who will lose their hospitals because of it. The mandate was not anywhere near the worst part of ObamaCare, it was just the most visible, the shiny object as it were.

And just like clockwork you fucking partisan hacks have been mesmerized by it.
The mandate was unconstitutional and unnecessary... absolutely. Dip shit

The major problem was that politicians and the public NEVER understood how health insurance works!
As a result here are several reasons for ACA failure.

To understand why so many insurers are leaving the health insurance exchanges, you first need to know how Obamacare was intended to work.
Obamacare was initially designed to cover almost the entire U.S. population, including the young and healthy as well as the infirm.
Part of the way it hoped to lure younger, healthier into purchasing health insurance was by offering specialized health plans that were low cost and offered limited benefits like catastrophic coverage. The other way to include healthier enrollees was through the Individual Mandate which imposed a financial penalty on those without health coverage.

If more young people signed up for health insurance, their financial contribution would help offset the cost of insuring the sicker enrollees. Unfortunately, younger people have not signed up for health insurance in the numbers that were expected to. Only 28 percent of enrollees in Obamacare in 2014 were in the 18 to 34 age group; Obamacare requires a 40 percent threshold to operate optimally. The young people that did sign up often chose low premium, high deductible plans that provided less financial offsets for insurers than expected.

This left many participating insurers primarily with enrollees who were sick and needed more costly care than expected. Under the Affordable Care Act, it became illegal for insurers to deny coverage to people with pre-existing conditions or to insure them at a higher cost. So many insurers who participated in the health exchanges were paying more to cover these sick, newly insured, and that is why many of them are leaving.
Why are Insurers Leaving the Health Insurance Exchanges - Boost! Health Insurance

Now while it seems obvious you have to have the "young healthy" participate, it was also necessary for insurers to have reserves to meet future claims.
With more unhealthy premium payers, broad coverage inclusions, and the need to meet states reserves, profits which create reserves were missing in the future.
Hence the withdrawal of many insurers and the hatred by Obama for capitalism i.e. profits fueled their exists!

So what do we do when uninsured people get sick or injured ? Let them die ?

YES. Health care us NOT a Right. Get thst through your head.

But we as a society will not do that. Every state has laws in place that force ERs and hospitals to treat people irregardless of their ability to pay.

We as a society have decided that we do not want to see dead people in the streets due to their lack of ability to pay.

Do you even that the language you are using not only reduces your credibility to zero but actually gets people to dig in their heals even more. The fear mongering is a sure sign that you have no Constitutional, nor legal, argument to support your position.

If Obamacare disappeared right this very second, we would NOT have people dying in the streets nor will they be piling up and stacked like cordwood as you seem to imply.

There are better ways to do this than a government mandate and forcing people to pay for services they neither want or can afford.

Anathema has to bucklle down to our laws.

He may not like it, he may try to evade them.

But by now the staties and feebies know who he is, so he is not getting away with anything.

The major problem was that politicians and the public NEVER understood how health insurance works!

Obamacare was destined to fail. Without young healthy people coughing up $3,000-$4,000 a year in premiums and over $6,000 total before the lame ass bronze plan pays even one dime there's no money to pay for the sick people and moochers. Do young healthy people just getting started in life have that kind of cash laying around? Hell no lol.

I like how the GOP didn't spike-strip Obamacare, but just let enough air out of the tires so it will eventually wobble off into a ditch.

i never thought i would see the day where i had to buy "Breast Exam Insurance"

Its just “insurance”. You act like private insurance is al e carte.

Or you can just kill them off now. It's what democrats do.

Obama was making poor people to buy something they don’t want or pay a $700 tax.

Obama raised taxes on the poorest Americans. That’s not who were are!

But we as a society will not do that. Every state has laws in place that force ERs and hospitals to treat people irregardless of their ability to pay.

We as a society have decided that we do not want to see dead people in the streets due to their lack of ability to pay.

Do you even that the language you are using not only reduces your credibility to zero but actually gets people to dig in their heals even more. The fear mongering is a sure sign that you have no Constitutional, nor legal, argument to support your position.

If Obamacare disappeared right this very second, we would NOT have people dying in the streets nor will they be piling up and stacked like cordwood as you seem to imply.

There are better ways to do this than a government mandate and forcing people to pay for services they neither want or can afford.

My position is that the worst part of ObamaCare was not the mandate but the 1000 pages of hospital killing regulations. The mandate is the shiny object to keep people distracted from the real problems with ObamaCare.

And yes, I know that people will not be dying in the streets because we as a society have decided we do not want that to happen so we force ERs and hospitals and medical professionals to provide a service and product they know the one receiving it cannot pay for.

The people crying about the mandate have no issues with people being mandated to provide products and services to those who cannot pay for them.

The biggest problem with our health care system is that we cannot decide if healthcare is a commodity or a service and we have this broken hybrid system trying to make it be both and that is not sustainable

My position is that the worst part of ObamaCare was not the mandate but the 1000 pages of hospital killing regulations. The mandate is the shiny object to keep people distracted from the real problems with ObamaCare.

And yes, I know that people will not be dying in the streets because we as a society have decided we do not want that to happen so we force ERs and hospitals and medical professionals to provide a service and product they know the one receiving it cannot pay for.

The people crying about the mandate have no issues with people being mandated to provide products and services to those who cannot pay for them.

The biggest problem with our health care system is that we cannot decide if healthcare is a commodity or a service and we have this broken hybrid system trying to make it be both and that is not sustainable

I have no right to healthcare, but I do have a right to earn my healthcare.
The mandate is absolutely unconstitutional and unnecessary... health insurance is not healthcare

The mandate is absolutely unconstitutional and unnecessary... health insurance is not healthcare

Yes. I know you have told me this 100 times.

Mandate making you buy something is evil and bad

Mandate making someone else provide service and products even if you cannot pay for them is great and wonderful.

Which makes you a hypocrite

i never thought i would see the day where i had to buy "Breast Exam Insurance"

That ain't bad. I'm a 62 year old man and Obamacare would have provided me free birth control pills, abortions, or a sex change operation.

No thanks.
i am not paying for some doctor to get his cheap thrills via examining the 42 body parts of a very attractive 27 white female !!!!
because-you-can-never-have-too-much-lipstick-on.jpg

Not white, pink. And honey, you need a vet, not a doctor.

It has little to do with the notion that we as a nation do not want people to die in the streets. The system that is in place keeps it from happening.

My position is and always has been that every single word in the Obamacare document is unconstitutional. Right down to the 'ands', 'therefores', 'ifs', and 'etc..'

The entire document is illegal and it took a trick of the SCOTUS to declare it a tax after the authors assured the American people it was not.

I am not certain who it is you are talking about, but no one I've ever read screams that people should be mandated to provide products or services to others. In fact, conservatives argue exactly the opposite. No one has a right to anyone's labor (service) and specifically, not for free.

I contend that healthcare costs would plummet if we outlawed insurance companies all together. If healthcare systems had to charge based upon the ability to pay of their customers, they'd drop their prices by more than 90% or face the fact that they have no customers.

if I am gonna have to pay for a sexy white ladies full body exam,,,I demand I take part !!!!:boobies::banana:

It has little to do with the notion that we as a nation do not want people to die in the streets. The system that is in place keeps it from happening.

My position is and always has been that every single word in the Obamacare document is unconstitutional. Right down to the 'ands', 'therefores', 'ifs', and 'etc..'

The entire document is illegal and it took a trick of the SCOTUS to declare it a tax after the authors assured the American people it was not.

I am not certain who it is you are talking about, but no one I've ever read screams that people should be mandated to provide products or services to others. In fact, conservatives argue exactly the opposite. No one has a right to anyone's labor (service) and specifically, not for free.

I contend that healthcare costs would plummet if we outlawed insurance companies all together. If healthcare systems had to charge based upon the ability to pay of their customers, they'd drop their prices by more than 90% or face the fact that they have no customers.

It is your contention that the ACA is illegal and unconstitutional, correct? If so then every piece of legislation signed by any President would be illegal and unconstitutional. WTF grade did you make it to before you were kicked out of school?

Forum List

Back