Obama to Throw First Pitch (like a total girl) at the Nationals' game tonight

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
WASHINGTON -- One hundred years ago this month, a rotund right-hander, President William Howard Taft, started a baseball tradition by throwing out the ceremonial first pitch at the Washington season opener.

On Monday, the Nationals turn to a svelte southpaw, President Barack Obama, to make his Nationals Park debut.

Obama's pitch will mark 100-year tradition - Chicago Breaking Sports

*preemptive facepalm for the inevitable girl throw*

Can we bring back W to do this? I don't like our POTUS looking like a total fairy in front of baseball fans.

I bet your crystal ball is broken and he throws the ball just fine.

I take much offense to this thread.
I am a girl, and could probably out throw many guys. :D

There are three ways to throw a baseball:

1) Like a pitcher, where you draw your throwing arm back as far as you can and put your entire physiology into the throw. Witness Bob Gibson:
t1_gibson.jpg

2) The short arm, where you draw your arm back behind your ear and throw the baseball more like a football. Although this provides a quicker release, it takes a stronger arm to put any velocity on the throw. See Ivan Rodriquez:
81449166.jpg

3) Like a girly-girl:
ObamaThrowsLikeGirl.jpg

Most likely, he will have Nancy Pelosi holding on to his balls keeping them warm before he tosses one.

There are three ways to throw a baseball:

1) Like a pitcher, where you draw your throwing arm back as far as you can and put your entire physiology into the throw. Witness Bob Gibson:
t1_gibson.jpg

2) The short arm, where you draw your arm back behind your ear and throw the baseball more like a football. Although this provides a quicker release, it takes a stronger arm to put any velocity on the throw. See Ivan Rodriquez:
81449166.jpg

3) Like a girly-girl:
ObamaThrowsLikeGirl.jpg

You know I am gettin sick of people saying he throws like a girl. I know at least twenty girls you could out throw anyone in this thread and probably most of the people on this board. :D
And I would like to see any of you hit my friend's little sister's change up.:lol:

So obviously I watched the throw live, since this was the Phils home opener, and all I'm gonna say is "juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside!" :lol:

Forum List

Back