Obama to ban Christmas Cards on Military Bases

i'm speaking to a female SFC right now who recently returned from Afghanistan; she was virtually all over the country. There are some FOBs that do what they please, and others where the commanders, either US or European, are more politically-correct and it is YES ORDERED not to make religious displays of Christianity.

libs are losers who lie to themselves

LOL, the made-to-order personal experience anecdote designed to reinforce an argument on an anonymous message board.

Gee, that's novel.

what would constitute a religious display of christianity? carrying a cross through the streets of kunduz? having a prayer meeting on the market square of mazar i sharif?

The best part of this thread is how the RW'ers chiming in are thoroughly incapable of grasping how preposterous this story is.

The truth is, the only problem the administration had with Christmas card was the insistence by conservatives that they be delivered to the military bases by Jesus riding a dinosaur.

except that making accomodations for the host country has been going on a long time

you're a loser and a dinosaur; you only THINK you're a "forward-looking' type. in reality you dont even know what's going on

i'm speaking to a female SFC right now who recently returned from Afghanistan; she was virtually all over the country. There are some FOBs that do what they please, and others where the commanders, either US or European, are more politically-correct and it is YES ORDERED not to make religious displays of Christianity.

If that is true, I'm sure there was absolutely zero tactical reasoning. Like, for example, not wanting to make an inflaming target out of the base. Those crazy military commanders. They're always thinking about the safety of the troops under their command.

who called the commanders crazy??

did i address the wisdom of it at all??? i said it's being done; and it is.

it's the Left that cant handle the truth here einstein

The charge is that Christmas cards have been banned. You might want to start by agreeing or disagreeing with you nutty pals.

LOL, the made-to-order personal experience anecdote designed to reinforce an argument on an anonymous message board.

Gee, that's novel.

what's even more novel is you actually offering ANYTHING to rebut what i've said..............which SHOULD be easy right loser???

i'll wait.................

Let's send Christmas cards and see if they are returned...

If that is true, I'm sure there was absolutely zero tactical reasoning. Like, for example, not wanting to make an inflaming target out of the base. Those crazy military commanders. They're always thinking about the safety of the troops under their command.

The charge is that Christmas cards have been banned. You might want to start by agreeing or disagreeing with you nutty pals.

type fast

say nothing

it's what you do................................................

The best part of this thread is how the RW'ers chiming in are thoroughly incapable of grasping how preposterous this story is.

The truth is, the only problem the administration had with Christmas card was the insistence by conservatives that they be delivered to the military bases by Jesus riding a dinosaur.
and that was only a problem because dinosaurs are considered haram, and they did not want to offend muslims.

I don't know.....stories of similar policies are all over the place.

According to this article, the VA banned children from giving Christmas gifts to wounded veterans. EXCLUSIVE-Liberty Institute: Veterans Affairs Bans Christmas Cards to Troops over Religious Content - Breitbart
its breitbart give me a break... why don't you use whirly nut daily... or even worse newsmax
How but Media matters?
if you like, how about trying fact check
A George Soros propaganda operation.

their display is what is restricted you dullard

oh shit. they cannot display their christmas card on the local market of kandahar. what a shame, that is, after all, the designed purpose of a christmas card.

It gets much worse

Obama has revoked Santa's security clearance and he will not be allowed on military bases

ironically i'd almost bet a santa display is banned on military bases

hilarious when you goofballs try to make jokes and there's more truth to them than think!!
well its obvious now you've never been in the service

you're a crybaby and a loser; and every body knows it. you proved that the last time i kicked your ass on these boards; serial-posting "responses' long after i was gone

try to keep up with the times; what was possible and allowed even not that long ago is different now under this politically-correct douchebag Administration
its amazing how this fool thinks he kicked ass ... all of his sources, right wing nut job site... or some law that didn't apply to the offese ... that's all you ever do ... you never beat me ever ...you just thought you did ... again all your sources said. "could be" "might have" "we believe" those aren't factual statements ... they are accusations .... even today your post said "urged" I pointed it out to you thats not a order ... but still your stupidity out shined us all ... now you're trying to claim you won ??? your right??? thats hysterical at best

P.S,
whose crying now bedwetter??? that would be you ... try not using a source full of "could be" "might have" "we believe" as factual statements

Last edited:
Some religions are more special than others if we go by the orders coming down from our military brass.
Stars and Stripes reports that the military lifestyles in Bahrain must change for a month to abide by the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. This is the same Army that ordered the words “Merry Christmas” replaced with “Merry Holiday” and “Christmas celebration” replaced with “Holiday celebration” last Christmas.
An individual in the Army can say Christmas, but an organization in the Army can’t say “Christmas”.
Townhall reported in May 2013 that Air Force personnel cannot proselytize but can express their personal religious beliefs as long as it “does not make others uncomfortable.” That means even one person can report anyone. One soldier was told to remove his bible from his desk.
“When on duty or in an official capacity, Air Force members are free to express their personal religious beliefs as long as it does not make others uncomfortable,” one Lt. Col. Laurel Tingley said in a statement to Fox News. “Proselytizing (inducing someone to convert to one’s faith) goes over that line.”
Tingley said Air Force leaders “must avoid the actual or apparent use of their position to promote their personal religious beliefs to their subordinates or to extend preferential treatment for any religion.”
The Air Force has omitted “So Help Me God” from their oath. The Navy has eliminated the Navy Jack because it might remind people of the tea party. If a chaplain mentions anything religious or if anyone hangs Christmas decorations, it might offend an atheist or Muslim or whoever and that is now banned in many locales. In fact, the atheists want godless chaplains.
One must recall the banning of Christmas cards from children to sick vets in VA hospitals last Christmas.
We see U.S. flags being banned throughout the country and God is being removed from all public venues to whatever degree the godless can make that happen.

from the IndependentSentinel

It gets much worse

Obama has revoked Santa's security clearance and he will not be allowed on military bases

hilarious when you goofballs try to make jokes and there's more truth to them than think!!

you're a crybaby and a loser; and every body knows it. you proved that the last time i kicked your ass on these boards; serial-posting "responses' long after i was gone

try to keep up with the times; what was possible and allowed even not that long ago is different now under this politically-correct douchebag Administration
its amazing how this fool thinks he kicked ass ... all of his sources, right wing nut job site... or some law that didn't apply to the offese ... that's all you ever do ... you never beat me ever ...you just thought you did ... again all your sources said. "could be" "might have" "we believe" those aren't factual statements ... they are accusations .... even today your post said "urged" I pointed it out to you thats not a order ... but still your stupidity out shined us all ... now you're trying to claim you won ??? your right??? thats hysterical at best

i beat you daily you dullard; deep inside you know it too

now when ARE YOU going to get around to disproving the fact displays of Christianity are curtailed on US bases overseas???

except that making accomodations for the host country has been going on a long time

you're a loser and a dinosaur; you only THINK you're a "forward-looking' type. in reality you dont even know what's going on

Answering only yes or no

Has the banning of Christmas cards occurred or not?

It gets much worse

A distinction without a difference

but hey that's what intellectual coward do ;)

Answering only yes or no

Has the banning of Christmas cards occurred or not?

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! answer yes or no!1
typical coward; cant handle facts, has to try to frame every debate or falls apart

two can play this

answer yes or no; are US troops making accomadations in Muslim countries regarding the displaying of Christian religious symbols/????????

simplistic prog cowards want to play word salad because the lose on the merits

Forum List

Back