Obama Tells Black Fathers to Step Up

yea, well, you also think I hate jews so I guess this is where the phrase "taken with a grain of salt" comes into play.

eh...you're just sore that I've pointed out how you misuse and misstate your "evidence".

again, why don't you try real hard not to derail yet another thread with your pro palestinian BS?

Thanks.

So the plan is to let the father's keep more in their pockets in the belief they'll pass it to their children?

It's a bit unclear. It sounds strange to give someone a tax credit for being responsible...

well, to be fair, the way the laws work often rewards the family for the father's leaving. so maybe that isn't necessarily a bad idea.

So the plan is to let the father's keep more in their pockets in the belief they'll pass it to their children?

It's a bit unclear. It sounds strange to give someone a tax credit for being responsible...

I think the plan was to get that money to the child, and not the father. I'm by no means an expert on child support, but I think the amount reflects the father's income. If so, then the plan would be to take the tax breaks for dad, and give them to son through child support.

I think the plan was to get that money to the child, and not the father. I'm by no means an expert on child support, but I think the amount reflects the father's income. If so, then the plan would be to take the tax breaks for dad, and give them to son through child support.

Thanks. I googled it and found it didn't pass...not that I found a clear explanation of what it was. I have to admit the title of the bill seemed vaguely sexist.

I guess you didn't read the article. Oooppps

"Obama often speaks about the importance of parental involvement. In Washington, he sponsored legislation to get more child support money to children by offering a tax credit for fathers who pay support, more efficient collection and penalties for fathers who don't meet their obligations."

I'm all for fathers living up to their responsibilities...but this type of legislation is a double-edged sword...

...despite its good intentions, this type of legislation only gives the STATE a whole lot more power over people in general...it is not about supporting the FAMILY...only the support of the child...which the STATE must pay for... if the State can't get the father to pay child support, then the State gets to pay it..that's what this "efficient collection" legislation is really all about...

...this type of legislation is basically for unmarried people...married women already have the right to collect child support...

...why is it lefties like Obama support an unmarried woman and her "choice"....but the man...who has no "choice"....must pay if she decides to keep it on her own?

Last edited:
your idea of "family values" does nothing for families. so if you mean show where he voted for your christofascist agenda, i'd guess he didn't.

but you've called him a communist a number of times, please show where he voted for government ownership of private property.

"christofascist" agenda?? You really are showing your anti-Christianity fangs today, aren't you? How about you tell us what makes your Secularfascist beliefs so special and superior?

Show me where he had a chance to vote on that….

Well then…I guess you don't mind me calling you a bastard…:lol:

I figured you couldn't come up with much…..Obama is a fundamentalist left-winger….

…against the federal marriage amendment…against the defense of marriage act...against abstinence programs…for the distribution of condoms to school children…supports civil unions….supports embryonic stem cell research…supports minors wanting to cross state lines for abortions without notifying their parents…supports abortion…supports late-term abortion…

Obama has been having problems with his patriotism, his character, his beliefs, etc….so now he's laying on himself the mantle of family values….this new talk is nothing more than political expediency on his part…

you can call me what you want to, buddy. Remember, we liberals are all about free speech.

Now, hopefully you comprehended the relevance of the article I posted given that your definition of family seems to be as antiquated as theirs is. I don't miss the "bastard" culture of unwed mothers. It's fine that you still think that less than four people doesn't qualify for relevant consideration, dude. There are enough of us snickering at your last stand for you to really make much of a difference this side of the 90s.

and, WHEN Obama is President feel free to ruby ridge yourself some shrieking reproach and any goofy little molehill that you think has mountain potential. At the end of the day, a LIBERAL makes sure you have theright to say what you want to say despite how stupid it may be.

:tomato:

ps,

ABSTINENCE programs result in greater promiscuity and increased pregnancy. I realize that the bible is your moral guide but, thankfully, the rest of us abide by the CONSTITUTION. You know, a document that doesn't preserve your same gay hating agenda.

The bottom line is that he doesn't support YOUR Phelpsian set of Family Values.

I can live with that. And, so too can every other AMERICAN who puts him into office. 'MERICANS with FAMILIES even.

eh...you're just sore that I've pointed out how you misuse and misstate your "evidence".

again, why don't you try real hard not to derail yet another thread with your pro palestinian BS?

Thanks.

im not sore at all. Indeed quite the opposite. I get a kick out of your goofy assumptions despite the facts of the matter. Put quotations around the video of some jews kicking an old palis ass, jill. I dare you.

and, why don't you try real hard not to assume you are the queen of USMB. I realize that the absolute power must be going to your head by now but MY point to which you are referring spoke about your half assed criticism and knee jerk assumptions. Perhaps you should refrain from the automatic martyr complex at every corner.

thanks.

Great. And people want this guy to be "our" President? Last I saw, absentee/deadbeat fathers was not a problem exclusive to blacks.
I guess white daddy's can do whatever they please.:eusa_hand:

yeah, it's wild how that law would have only given tax credits to black dead beat dads:tongue:

"Originally Posted by GunnyL View Post
Great. And people want this guy to be "our" President? Last I saw, absentee/deadbeat fathers was not a problem exclusive to blacks.
I guess white daddy's can do whatever they please.

such a good point...minds me of this whole deal in iowa.

man, i'm not getting flooded...can't believe the government is fooling with them?

WTF...obama up there helping sand bag...what about us???

non-flooded americans?

im not sore at all. Indeed quite the opposite. I get a kick out of your goofy assumptions despite the facts of the matter. Put quotations around the video of some jews kicking an old palis ass, jill. I dare you.

and, why don't you try real hard not to assume you are the queen of USMB. I realize that the absolute power must be going to your head by now but MY point to which you are referring spoke about your half assed criticism and knee jerk assumptions. Perhaps you should refrain from the automatic martyr complex at every corner.

thanks.

*yawn*

your tantrums are tiresome.

and yeah, really coming down hard using that power hammer by saying don't derail unrelated threads with your BS propaganda... silly moi.

you can call me what you want to, buddy. Remember, we liberals are all about free speech.
uuuhhh…..yuh…. if you say so……it must be so…………..NOT…….shall we talk about your liberal hate speech legislation....for example……or the unfair Fairness Doctrine…..? wake up buddy...

Now, hopefully you comprehended the relevance of the article I posted given that your definition of family seems to be as antiquated as theirs is. I don't miss the "bastard" culture of unwed mothers. It's fine that you still think that less than four people doesn't qualify for relevant consideration, dude. There are enough of us snickering at your last stand for you to really make much of a difference this side of the 90s.
My definition of family is "antiquated"? Blood ties are now a thing of the past? NOT.

ps,

ABSTINENCE programs result in greater promiscuity and increased pregnancy. I realize that the bible is your moral guide but, thankfully, the rest of us abide by the CONSTITUTION. You know, a document that doesn't preserve your same gay hating agenda.
Abstinence doesn't work? ....I guess that's why liberals are so fearful of having abstinence programs in the schools....NOT.

The bottom line is that he doesn't support YOUR Phelpsian set of Family Values.

I can live with that. And, so too can every other AMERICAN who puts him into office. 'MERICANS with FAMILIES even.
You bet Obama does not support my values or the values of the majority of Americans......although he's doing his best to pretend he does...

uuuhhh…..yuh…. if you say so……it must be so…………..NOT…….shall we talk about your liberal hate speech legislation....for example……or the unfair Fairness Doctrine…..? wake up buddy...

My definition of family is "antiquated"? Blood ties are now a thing of the past? NOT.

Abstinence doesn't work? ....I guess that's why liberals are so fearful of having abstinence programs in the schools....NOT.

You bet Obama does not support my values or the values of the majority of Americans......although he's doing his best to pretend he does...

Abstinence programs don't work as well as handing out condoms. Look it up.

Abstinence programs don't work as well as handing out condoms. Look it up.
But abstinence is a CHOICE.... and one of the alternatives that a teen can CHOOSE to use....

....however liberals don't want this alternative CHOICE to be taught to teens in the sex ed classes...

....can you tell me WHY?

But abstinence is a CHOICE.... and one of the alternatives that a teen can CHOOSE to use....

....however liberals don't want this alternative CHOICE to be taught to teens in the sex ed classes...

....can you tell me WHY?

I've never heard that before. I think the general liberal consensus is that abstinence only programs are failures. Teach abstinence first and still inform students the dangers of sex and how to avoid getting an STD, pregnant, or raped.

....can you tell me WHY?

That's untrue. It's abstinence ONLY that the "left" pursues. A full education program that encourages abstinence but teaches safe sex is what most would advocate. It's only the religious right that tries to pursue the failure of abstinence only.

Forum List

Back