Obama sends US troops to Uganda to help fight rebels

We don't need anymore Wars. I think we have enough already. When will all these foreign interventions end? Why do wee need to be involved with so many wars around the world? Is this a permanent policy for our nation? Just a long endless string of wars? Why don't we give peace a chance? Who knows,we might just like it.

We need wars because I work for a defense contractor and I want to buy a new Corvette Z06.

With O in charge, you'll be able to buy a whole fleet of sports cars.

Not seeing a problem with this one. We are there to help fight a bunch of whackos called "The Lord's Resistance Army".

DR Congo: New Round of LRA Killing Campaign | Human Rights Watch

Real pieces of work, these guys.
Before oil was discovered it was just Africans killing Africans.

Nobody really cared.

But now the area needs stability in order to facilitate drilling and pipelines.

So instantly it has become a humanitarian crisis and needs our intervention. :cool:

Not seeing a problem with this one. We are there to help fight a bunch of whackos called "The Lord's Resistance Army".

Nobody really cared.

So instantly it has become a humanitarian crisis and needs our intervention. :cool:

Tullow Oil, UK based oil company, 2.5 billion barrels found in Uganda. China's national oil company is also tied in with a French company, Total, who have large holdings in those fields in Uganda. Also, there's lots of uranium.

Peace keepin'......................lol!

We don't need anymore Wars. I think we have enough already. When will all these foreign interventions end? Why do wee need to be involved with so many wars around the world? Is this a permanent policy for our nation? Just a long endless string of wars? Why don't we give peace a chance? Who knows,we might just like it.

We need wars because I work for a defense contractor and I want to buy a new Corvette Z06.

And you guys thought he was going to be soft on terrorism.

Just as long as there are charging stations ever 40 miles or so...:eusa_whistle:

Uhm,,,how about sending troops to New York City before 200-500 businesses shut down because of teen-agers crapping all over the place?:clap2:

The LRA Disarmament bill was a bi-partisan effort.
I don't agree with it. But hey? What a time to invoke it in an election, eh?

The only people who even seemed to notice this were conservatives.

I hope Joseph Kony will be captured and sent to the ICC.

Anyway, I'm going to quote wikipedia because I'm lazy.

In May 2010, U.S. President Obama signed into law the Lord's Resistance Army Disarmament and Northern Uganda Recovery Act, legislation aimed at stopping Joseph Kony and the LRA. The bill passed unanimously in the Senate on March 11, 2010 with 65 Senators as cosponsors, then passed unanimously in the House of Representatives on May 13, 2010 with 202 Representatives as cosponsors. On November 24, Obama delivered the strategy to disarm Joseph Kony and the LRA.
In October 2011, Obama authorized the deployment of approximately 100 combat-equipped U.S. troops to central Africa. They will help regional forces “remove from the battlefield” Joseph Kony and senior LRA leaders. "Although the U.S. forces are combat-equipped, they will only be providing information, advice, and assistance to partner nation forces, and they will not themselves engage LRA forces unless necessary for self-defense," Obama said in a letter to Congress.

The LRA Disarmament bill was a bi-partisan effort.
I don't agree with it. But hey? What a time to invoke it in an election, eh?

The only people who even seemed to notice this were conservatives.

I hope Joseph Kony will be captured and sent to the ICC.

Anyway, I'm going to quote wikipedia because I'm lazy.

In May 2010, U.S. President Obama signed into law the Lord's Resistance Army Disarmament and Northern Uganda Recovery Act, legislation aimed at stopping Joseph Kony and the LRA. The bill passed unanimously in the Senate on March 11, 2010 with 65 Senators as cosponsors, then passed unanimously in the House of Representatives on May 13, 2010 with 202 Representatives as cosponsors. On November 24, Obama delivered the strategy to disarm Joseph Kony and the LRA.
In October 2011, Obama authorized the deployment of approximately 100 combat-equipped U.S. troops to central Africa. They will help regional forces “remove from the battlefield” Joseph Kony and senior LRA leaders. "Although the U.S. forces are combat-equipped, they will only be providing information, advice, and assistance to partner nation forces, and they will not themselves engage LRA forces unless necessary for self-defense," Obama said in a letter to Congress.
And just NOTE when it is implimented?

NOT very observant are you?

Nobody really cared.

Well, lucky for those folks they found some oil, then!

They need to take out one guy. Period. They should have done it years ago. But it seems that's not the goal,so I'm very nervous about this becoming a clusterfuck. Wouldn't things be so much easier if we could hire assassins?

Forum List

Back