Obama Said...

Angelhair

Aug 22, 2009
Obama said that because of this law we now have to have immigration reform asap. Can some one tell me how this will help keep out the drug cartels???? They don't follow laws. How is immigration reform going to keep out the criminal element??? If I understand it correctly, immigration reform is to take care of the 20M plus illegals ALREADY HERE!!! I want to know what will be done to SECURE the BORDERS; to keep more illegals from coming into the country!!

Do you want to follow this logic for burglars, car thieves and murdered? That since the violation already happened, the best solution is to ignore it and concentrate on future problems?

There are penalties for past violation. We need to make sure that anyone contemplating a future offense measures what happened in the past as a way to judge future action.

We already have done amnesty. It made the problem worse. Doing it again will just compound the problem.

The 1986 amnesty was the worse thing we ever did. It brought in more illegals with the hope of another amnesty down the road. And guess what? They were right! Now it won't be 4 million illegals but 20 million plus!! This is madness. Pure and simple.

Immigration Reform should be putting the E-Verify system in place and enforcing it. If we don't do something about business hiring cheap illegal labor, nothing else they do will matter. Amnesty neither border security will stop them. If they know they cannot work, they will leave and they will not come. We need to put ALL our resources at the work place. We cannot seal the border. That is a fantasy. Seal the border and they will find other ways to enter if they know they can work.
THEY COME HERE TO WORK. JOBS ARE THE INCENTIVE. Any thing else is just an added benefits. STOP THE INCENTIVE.

Yup, Everify, or some system should be put in place. The thing is though, the people that most of us here in Az want to keep out are not the ones that come to work. The ones that come to work, while they are breaking the immigration law, usually do not engage in crimes such as theft, carjacking, kidnapping, or murder. The gang-bangers are the ones doing that and if the ones that come here to work were not entering the country illegally, they would not even be affected by this law.

I say that profiling should be performed by the police to catch the illegals, but not by race. I say profile those tattoos. Most of the gang-bangers that I have seen have tattoos that actually proclaim their gang affiliation.

I say forget profiling on the basis of race, just stop anyone with those dumbass teardrop tattoos on their cheek.

Forum List

Back