Obama "Reject Voices Warning of Government Tyranny"?

401842_586512578048668_227153173_n_zps43ec7182.jpg

Yes, I have. More than one (I got beat up by the "dignity battalions" once) and I can safely tell you that whatever you think you see here isn't nearly the same. And, if you'd been exposed to real tyranny, you'd know that.

Hell, if this President were a real tyrant, you pussies wouldn't even dare post in a thread like this...IF you had the internet at all.

And that's the point oldguy. The Germans too had a decision to make. They had a card with Ja oder Nein on it. There are many graves in the Lich Catholic cathedral filled with Germans who VOTED Nein!

You need to wake the hell up.....and Panama was a soft tyranny, too much corruption with all of the drug money. Yugoslavia under Tito was an entirely different story.

You're an idiot if you think America is anywhere close to either Yugoslavia or the "soft" tyranny of Noriega. It didn't feel so damned soft, I can tell you that. And, while I never saw Yugo under Tito, I did see the aftermath when the crazies took control and anybody who would wish that on America ought to be shot for gross stupidity.

I don't know your background or what your history is, but I can guess that most people in this thread have lived here all their lives and don't have a CLUE what they're talking about. Most American's don't. Their only "experience" with other places consists of little more than a Caribbean cruise or a quick trip to an American-style enclave like Cozumel or Cancun.

I'm sure most in this thread have spent their lives protected by things like habeus corpus, the right to a lawyer, innocent until proven guilty and have never had to deal with people "disappearing," or having their wives and children "visited" over a comment they've made. They've never seen opponents of the government snatched off the streets in broad daylight and never seen again, never lived in fear, never had to worry about who might hear a casual comment, never had to guard their tongues or watch what they see, where they go or who they know. They go online or in public places and run their mouths about things they know nothing of and nobody comes knocking on their door at midnight, no "Black Mariah's" prowl the streets in the dark, no uniformed men cut their throats in front of their children as a "lesson" to their offspring.

Tyranny, my ass. You people would be an endless source of laughter if your ignorance weren't so tragic.

Panama was a playground for the rich and famous silly person. You might get beat up for shooting your mouth off or for being in the wrong place at the wrong time but Yugoslavia (where I lived for 7 months) every block you walked you had to show your papers to some idiot. If your papers weren't in order you were taken to the local police station.

Everywhere you went (if you were a foreigner) you had a "minder". If you didn't do what the minder said, you went to the police station. There was a constant pressure from above and you knew that if someone thought you looked at them funny off to the police station you would go.

No, oldguy, you didn't live under that level of oppression. I did. Panama in even its worst time still had a nice nightlife for the drug lords to enjoy. Torrijos never instituted a wholesale slaughter (in fact I can't find any record where more than 200 of the opposition was ever killed) They instituted some reforms that actually were good for the lower classes and focused their ire on the upper classes who had dominated the country since the break with Columbia.

And lets compare with this country, ever so slowly we have had civil liberties taken away. Right now you really no longer have a right to private property. If some rich dude wants your home so he can make money off the property it sits on, he can petition the government to take it away from you and give it to him. If the government decides they don't like you they can declare you a enemy of the State and you no longer have the civil liberties that you were born with.

No, this country IS headed for a dictatorship...you're just not well enough educated to see the warning signs. I suggest you read "The Nazi Seizure of Power" by William Sheridan Allen [ame=http://www.amazon.com/The-Nazi-Seizure-Power-Experience/dp/0531056333]The Nazi Seizure of Power: The Experience Of A Single German Town, 1922-1945, Revised Edition: William Sheridan Allen: 9780531056332: Amazon.com: Books[/ame], you will find that we are following their model extremly closely....too closely.

Pretty hilarious speech. Especially considering the source. Too bad Millions of Americans actually fall for such ludicrous B.S.

I guess all of you have forgotten that Nixon used the IRS to target his enemies, and that he kept an "enemies list" of people to be harassed and pursued. Or that left wing organizations like Students For A Democratic Society were harassed and pursued by the FBI and others during the Nixon years. But then, Nixon was a Republican President and we all know how Republicans would never abuse the constitutional rights of citizens.

Nobody talked of tyranny then. They just said Nixon was a crook and a criminal who should never have been President.
Don't know if you were around back then but I was, and many people compared Nixon to Hitler during Watergate. He was called a tyrant many times by many people.
But compared to Obama, Nixon looks like a choir boy. He never sought legislation to give him the authority to kill Americans at will, or threaten to put us in jail for not purchasing health care. Another difference is that Nixon loved his country, Obama clearly doesn't.

Another mass fainting spell by the inmates. Someone prove that the president knew anything about wrongdoing at the IRS.

NOBODY knows anything about wrongdoing at the IRS because EVERYBODY in this Administration is now telling us that none of them know anything about anything! It's mass amnesia! Somebody must have put roofies in the White House water supply because nobody remembers anything!

Another mass fainting spell by the inmates. Someone prove that the president knew anything about wrongdoing at the IRS.

Your brain must be disconnected, even if Obama is completely and totally not responsible for what happened at the IRS it still happened, and it still needs to be fixed. Honest people who really appreciate the freedoms in this country can step up and demand that Obama take the lead in rooting out the problem and making sure it never happens again without blaming him for it. You prefer to pretend that, because it might make Obama look bad, it really isn't a problem.

I guess all of you have forgotten that Nixon used the IRS to target his enemies, and that he kept an "enemies list" of people to be harassed and pursued. Or that left wing organizations like Students For A Democratic Society were harassed and pursued by the FBI and others during the Nixon years. But then, Nixon was a Republican President and we all know how Republicans would never abuse the constitutional rights of citizens.

Nobody talked of tyranny then. They just said Nixon was a crook and a criminal who should never have been President.

That explains why I have actually posted things comparing Obama to Nixon.

You asked the question and several have responded. I'm sorry that you don't like the responses.

Additionally, I never stated that "America is a nation of tyrants". However, what I absolutely stand by is that with each passing day - we grow closer and closer. Today, we take for granted that "Government is too big" and that "We OWE something to the government" or that 'The government will "provide" for us".

Americans are quickly being brainwashed into believing that the "Central Authority" is good. That the "government is here to help you". That's all BS and YOU should know that.

If that isn't a recipe for disaster, then tell me - what is?

The biggest recipe for disaster is when people begin to believe the bullshit, when they lose confidence in The People, when they start to believe the lie that THEIR government is no longer responsive, when they forget that WE THE PEOPLE run this place and have ultimate power, when they accept the notion that the legitimately elected President of the United States is illegitimate, when they identify the opposition as the "enemy" and consider anyone who doesn't agree with them a "traitor" and begin act upon those erroneous beliefs to "change" things by violence.

THAT is the recipe for the Balkans in the 1990's, and if you'd seen that, you'd move heaven and earth to prevent it happening here.

This isn't about losing confidence in "The People"...this is about losing confidence that the government understands that they work for "The People". What you're seeing with the 3 current scandals is government run amok. Benghazi is about lying to the public. The IRS scandal is about using government power to stifle political opposition. The AP scandal is about attempting to muzzle the free press. All of these things are indicative of a mind set where government is ABOVE the people.

Agreed. We send these half-wit mongoloids to Washington (both republicans and democrats) to fulfill OUR part of the bargain that government derives it's power FROM THE PEOPLE. Unfortunately, what has transpired over the last 20-30 years, is that we have allowed these halfwit brain dead mongoloids to make Washington DC their HOMES.

They move in and begin looking at their constitutients as a "bother"; someone in the way of their "careers". Nearly IMMEDIATELY, they forget WHO THEY SERVE and begin life-long careers of "taking care of themselves".

As a result, the federal government has grown at a pace that is only equaled by Google. It is now an uncontrollable MONSTER that answers to NO ONE. And we, the people are expected to keep up this "glut of growth".

Now, this MONSTER, this "federal pig trough" has allowed more than 55 MILLION people to suck off it's teats telling them - "it's OK...you're a victim of the "rich capatilist" who steal from you. And the idiot "people" believe it.

So now, "big government" has the enemy it needs to grow larger. The rich. The "MONSTER" uses these people as the Bolsheviks did in the Russian revolution. Turn the "people" against the "rich" and we can ride in on our white stallions, murder everyone of means, and "we'll" take care of YOU, comrade.

Again, I stand by my statement. We are creeping closer to that very scenario with each passing day.

Ok, let's assume for the moment that you frightened ninnies are right. Let's suppose that we really are on the brink of a sudden and cataclysmic Obama dictatorship.

What do you propose to do about it? You're all worked up into a lather about it, so surely you have plan....don't you?

Ok, let's assume for the moment that you frightened ninnies are right. Let's suppose that we really are on the brink of a sudden and cataclysmic Obama dictatorship.

What do you propose to do about it? You're all worked up into a lather about it, so surely you have plan....don't you?

We are NOT on the brink of a "sudden and cataclysmic Obama dictatorship" and I don't believe for one moment that anyone here has stated that.

We ARE, however, on a path that will, at some point present the opening that the left has been praying for since its inception. An opening that will allow them to make the wholesale changes that will lead to our demise as a country, a nation and a people. But all things must come on a step-by-step basis. No American would tolerate a coup by the left in the middle of the night. As Kruschev stated "We will destroy your country and will never fire a shot".

Obama is nothing more than that next "logical" step in the progression. They started years ago with the assault on the family. Making it "open season" on Christianity, while embracing every popular perversion in society, tearing down the moral fabric of the nation. Then came the ridicule of patriotism. Next was the stripping of States rights. Along the way, the Federal Government implemented the"Department of Education" and it's massive unfunded mandates to the states. Now, we have a largely unionized workforce of teachers that believe that they are the Mothers and Fathers of our children and "suspend" children for playing "Army" with their classmates.

Everyday we hear the left calling for "getting rid of" or "doing away with this outdated document, or that outdated document" Our children are taught that our Founding Fathers were evil, no good and worthless men who founded this country for their own personal gain. I know. It happened in my Granddaughters elementary school.

Old guy - I don't have a clue how old you are. I am 68. If you can honestly, and without hesitation, tell me that this is the America you grew up in, then I will say "good for you".

This is NOT the country that I grew up in.

Last edited:
are we going to keep referring to what happened during the Nixon years? at least Nixon had been in Politics for most of his life before becoming President! Obama has never worked a day in his life! even till now, Who would ever thought that playing golf and going on multiple vacations was a job?

We should do what we do WHENEVER a President's ego threatens the Constitution...slap him down. This isn't something new. It's happened many times in the past. Read up on FDR trying to pack the Supreme Court. When Presidents overstep they have to be reined in. If Obama was in any way involved in the IRS scandal than he needs to get taken to the woodshed. And I'm not speaking about impeachment. I'm simply saying that if he WAS involved that Democrats in Congress need to join with Republicans to send a clear message that using the IRS for political gamesmanship isn't something that will be tolerated NO MATTER WHO IS IN THE OVAL OFFICE!!!

are we going to keep referring to what happened during the Nixon years? at least Nixon had been in Politics for most of his life before becoming President! Obama has never worked a day in his life! even till now, Who would ever thought that playing golf and going on multiple vacations was a job?

You need to view what Nixon did in context. Was he paranoid about "dirty tricks" being played against him...paranoid to the point of breaking the law to make sure it didn't happen again? The answer to that is a resounding YES! You have to remember that not long before Watergate Richard Nixon was screwed over by the Kennedy's and Richard Daley in Chicago. They essentially stole an election from him. One can understand why Nixon would be a bit paranoid about it happening again.

And no, I'm not here to defend Richard Nixon. His behavior harmed the country.

Liberals have a plan, which has been in action for decades. They take a little at a time.

It is a strategy of Death by a 1000 papercuts. 1, or 2, or 10 hurts a little, but a 1000 will bleed you to death.

Obama’s ‘mistake’ was to not be more blunt and clear.

He should have said: “Don’t listen to the lies and hysteria of the radical, partisan right, as they preach only fear and hate motivated by some perceived political gain.”

Forum List

Back