Obama Payback for Soros with YOUR Tax Dollars

This loan doesn't use tax dollars, just so you know. Might want to edit that inaccuracy in the subject line and original post, unless it's your direct goal to spread misinformation.

Meanwhile, it looks like Soros just bought into the stock first quarter of this year. Did I understand that part correctly? Sounds like someone needs to look into whether he got wind of this loan and the possibility that he ussed that knowledge for personal gain. Pretty sure that sort of thing isn't allowed.

The Export Import Bank lent money to PetroBras so it could buy American made goods. The loan has nothing to do with Soros.

Its all just nonsense.

The loan itself is exactly what that bank was created to do; that's not what I'm saying. Soros, if i'm not mistaken, is in a position to get knowledge of such deals - or the possibility of such deals - in advance. If I understood correctly that he just bought into this deal during the first quarter of this year, then he could potentially have purchased on that basis. It's like insider trader. It's unethical and should be looked into - again, if I'm correct about the timing of the purchase.
I doubt it. He's not the only one investing and this has been in the news as a good investment for several months.

The rest of the thread is just more bed wetting nonsense from the paranoid right wing. ;)

in our own country and put some Americans back to work. But ohhhhhhhh noooooo, not with the liberal bunch of environmental loons that we have running this country. George Soros and Obama being the top dogs with these bunches of idiots.

The loan itself is exactly what that bank was created to do; that's not what I'm saying. Soros, if i'm not mistaken, is in a position to get knowledge of such deals - or the possibility of such deals - in advance. If I understood correctly that he just bought into this deal during the first quarter of this year, then he could potentially have purchased on that basis. It's like insider trader. It's unethical and should be looked into - again, if I'm correct about the timing of the purchase.

A loan of $2 billion to a company with a $156 billion balance sheet will not move the stock. Ever. Period. It doesn't happen. The premise that a small loan will move the stock is false.

Besides, unless you can provide something otherwise substantial, there is no reason to believe that Soros is in a position to get knowledge of such deals.

Is that a no? I'm smart enough to recognize someone 40-ish going on 12 when I see him, which is all the counts for me. Got something to say, SAY IT. I'm not about to spend a whole lot of time to research who the fuck belongs to some old photograph and why it makes your statement FOR you.

It's Tony Montana (Al Pachino) from Scarface. I figured you would get it because while your politics are clearly mentally ill, You're not as bad as a few of these leftist pukes around here. I am still in my 30's, but almost there. I'll be a jerk when I am treated the same. I give what I get Maggie. Hell, I might even send yuh a Rod Stewart poster. :cool:~BH

^I rest my case^

I don't think your case has ever been truly rested. Maybe in your own mind though.

BetterRun1.png
~BH

A loan of $2 billion to a company with a $156 billion balance sheet will not move the stock. Ever. Period. It doesn't happen. The premise that a small loan will move the stock is false.

Besides, unless you can provide something otherwise substantial, there is no reason to believe that Soros is in a position to get knowledge of such deals.

I never said a loan of 2 billion would move the stock, though frankly it could, but that's not the point. The bank has knowledge of the company in order to decide on the loan - knowledge that isn't public. I have no idea if Soros had access to that knowledge, but if he did and benefited from it in a business manner, than that's unethical. I never said there was anything substantial at this time - merely that due to the timing, it bears looking into.

This isn't entirely true. It depends on who is loaning the money that it could have an effect. Say Warren Buffet made a loan of this size...that would move a stock price. Maybe the US has the same pull, I don't know, but it could have moved the price.

I never said a loan of 2 billion would move the stock, though frankly it could, but that's not the point. The bank has knowledge of the company in order to decide on the loan - knowledge that isn't public. I have no idea if Soros had access to that knowledge, but if he did and benefited from it in a business manner, than that's unethical. I never said there was anything substantial at this time - merely that due to the timing, it bears looking into.

No it does not. An investigation takes time and money. You only investigate if you think someone has done something wrong, and it makes no sense to believe that someone would do something wrong if they would not benefit from whatever it is you are investigating. A loan of $2 billion by the Export Import Bank has zero effect on the stock. Zero, zip, nada. It is irrelevant. Why would we waste tax money on this?

To zero out George Soros is silly. Petrobras traded half a billion shares in New York in the second quarter. Do you believe he is the only person who bought the stock? Apparently, so did hundreds of thousands of people. Should we investigate all of them? You have to have cause to investigate, and being the largest shareholder is not just cause.

Conservatives loathe George Soros but Soros is one of the greatest investors of all time. The fact that he would buy a stock that has risen a lot is about as surprising as the sun rising in the east every morning.

The US loaning $2 billion to Petrobras has no effect on the stock.

Period.

Says Lord Toro...Period

I like Toro. He makes a good lawnmower.

He doesn't take into account an intangible called "perception". Stock brokers could see the loan as a vote of confidence in the company. This in itself could bolster the stock price.
Look at tech boom....there was a lot of movement just on a rumor with no money. Yet Toro's saying a 2 billion dollar loan won't budge a price...I say, hogwash.

Last edited:
Says Lord Toro...Period

I do this for a living. So yes, in this case, to you it is Lord Toro.

And I retired with what I made in the stock market...."Lord Toro". I did my own home work and made more for myself than any stockbroker's recommendation.

Good for you. I was once a stockbroker but now am an institutional money manager managing several billion dollars. I've done this for nearly two decades and have top tier performance. I am a CFA. I talk to guys you watch on CNBC every morning. Our fixed income desk manages $10 billion and I see the deal flow from corporate bond issues that come across our desk. I have been in meetings with some of the world's best distressed debt managers over the past six months. I eat, sleep and breathe this stuff. I put food on the table for my family doing this, and I have never, ever, seen a two billion dollar loan to a large oil company ever move the stock.

Last edited:
No it does not. An investigation takes time and money. You only investigate if you think someone has done something wrong, and it makes no sense to believe that someone

We're talking way different levels of investigation here. I'm not suggesting there's enough there to launch some official government investigation. I'm saying we, the people, or the media, or other interested parties would do well to read up, look into it, etc.

A loan of $2 billion by the Export Import Bank has zero effect on the stock. Zero, zip, nada. It is irrelevant.

The inside information about the company that is given to the bank to procure that loan - that's the relevant information that Soros may or may not have had access to, and it's not public information. And if you've been a stockbroker, then you know that sort of information has value. He is in a position that would potentially give him access to that information, so it's worth finding out if he actually does.

Do you believe he is the only person who bought the stock? Apparently, so did hundreds of thousands of people. Should we investigate all of them? You have to have cause to investigate, and being the largest shareholder is not just cause.

I believe he's the only one I know of in the Obama administration who made a sizable purchase of the stock in the first quarter of this year. If there's someone else who fits that definition, then they should be scrutinized as well.

Conservatives loathe George Soros but Soros is one of the greatest investors of all time. The fact that he would buy a stock that has risen a lot is about as surprising as the sun rising in the east every morning.

First off, I don't care who conservatives do or do not loathe. Second, you don't become one of the "greatest investors of all time" based on luck. I agree with your premise that it's less than shocking for a successful investment firm to make a solid investment. But I think there's a potential conflict of interest there, and I don't like that. Didn't like it when it was Haliburton getting contracts; don't like it when it's Soros potentially benefiting from a position. Doesn't mean he is. But the circumstances are such that I think it bears watching.

We're talking way different levels of investigation here. I'm not suggesting there's enough there to launch some official government investigation. I'm saying we, the people, or the media, or other interested parties would do well to read up, look into it, etc.

If you wish to investigate it, feel free. You have every right to do so. And if you are right, I am more than happy to admit I am wrong.

The inside information about the company that is given to the bank to procure that loan - that's the relevant information that Soros may or may not have had access to, and it's not public information. And if you've been a stockbroker, then you know that sort of information has value. He is in a position that would potentially give him access to that information, so it's worth finding out if he actually does. ...

I believe he's the only one I know of in the Obama administration who made a sizable purchase of the stock in the first quarter of this year. If there's someone else who fits that definition, then they should be scrutinized as well.

Soros is not part of the administration. There is no reason to believe he has inside information.

First off, I don't care who conservatives do or do not loathe. Second, you don't become one of the "greatest investors of all time" based on luck. I agree with your premise that it's less than shocking for a successful investment firm to make a solid investment. But I think there's a potential conflict of interest there, and I don't like that. Didn't like it when it was Haliburton getting contracts; don't like it when it's Soros potentially benefiting from a position. Doesn't mean he is. But the circumstances are such that I think it bears watching.

Soros is extraordinarily talented. He became wealthy making great trades and investments.

Forum List

Back