obama needs to stop shoring up the unemployed

Ok ok. They get the same breaks you do but you can't take them and it pisses you off. Quit derailing the thread.

Saying that you want businesses to stop getting free money isn't hating business. It's decrying government handouts and taxpayer subsidies to wealthy employers who can afford to pay their own way.

You're big on saying the free money has to stop going to the poor but you don't want companies who pay minimum wages to be forced to raise wages so their employees don't qualify for assistance.

Food stamps and Medicaid are wage subsidies for some of the most profitable companies in the US. It's time these corporate subsidies ended.

Many of these people are professionals displaced due to downsizing who have been working dilligently to find work. They are not lazy bums sitting back waiting for the UI checks to roll in.

Repeating the idiotic talking points that the Republican Party uses to vilify those dealing with hard times through no fault of their own, makes you look like a low information voter.

Get out of the conservative bubble and find out what life is really like for those who aren't working.

You know what, for the most part, I agree with this.

But I know a guy who has been unemployed for 5 years, and frankly, he spends his whole day playing around on Facebook creating pictures of himself he considers funny. (They aren't.)

The problem I see with extending unemployment benefits is that employers aren't hiring people who've been out of work for more than a year. They'll happily poach another company's employees, but the unemployed, they want little to do with.

I think you should have a jobs program to put people back to work, get these people doing something productive, there's plenty of work that needs doing.

You know what, for the most part, I agree with this.

But I know a guy who has been unemployed for 5 years, and frankly, he spends his whole day playing around on Facebook creating pictures of himself he considers funny. (They aren't.)

The problem I see with extending unemployment benefits is that employers aren't hiring people who've been out of work for more than a year. They'll happily poach another company's employees, but the unemployed, they want little to do with.

I think you should have a jobs program to put people back to work, get these people doing something productive, there's plenty of work that needs doing.
That depends on the work. If you're talking a box boy at Walmart, yeah there's jobs there. But not enough to make a living at. It's getting better though. I was out of work for 2 years, before I got the job I have now.

I'm referring to extending the benefits past December 2013 which was excluded from the recent budget deal. I'm aware the benefits have been extended in the past.

One more time unemployment has been extended. Right now it's not after december 2013 the first extension ran out.

Right now is January 2014 which is most definitely after December 2013 on my calendar.
You said unemployment had not been extended. You were wrong
It was extended in 2009 and the extension ran out in December 2013. obama wants to extend it again in 2014

Now do you understand?

Right now is January 2014 which is most definitely after December 2013 on my calendar.
It was extended in 2009 and the extension ran out in December 2013. obama wants to extend it again in 2014

Now do you understand?

I understand that you're deliberately being an idiot.

I never said that UI had NEVER been extended. I said that it was expired and hadn't been extended, which is true.

Now do you understand?

I understand that you're deliberately being an idiot.

I never said that UI had NEVER been extended. I said that it was expired and hadn't been extended, which is true.
Now shut the hell up.
That's all fine and good but irrelevant. Go back to the OP and re-read what I said.
obama needs to Stop shoring the unemployed up, stop extending something that has already been extended, and admit his policies are a failure and change them. That is the only way to fix his mess.

Unemployment has not been extended for the long term unemployed and ended right after Christmas.

And how do you propose that Obama change his policies since the Republicans in Congress refuse to pass anything he proposes?

The expired UI has not been extended, which is different from it has NEVER been extended.

This is why the US is in trouble. You'd rather argue whether or not the benefits were ever extended than discuss solutions to the problem. Because proving a liberal wrong is way more important than finding a way out of the problem.

The expired UI has not been extended, which is different from it has NEVER been extended.

This is why the US is in trouble. You'd rather argue whether or not the benefits were ever extended than discuss solutions to the problem. Because proving a liberal wrong is way more important than finding a way out of the problem.

Liberal talk is like liberal fuzzy math.

BITCH You said it had not been extend YOU WERE WRONG. Now that the extension has expired obama wants to extend it again.

And a not increasing a budget is a cut yeah yeah. We understand how you guys think.

And a not increasing a budget is a cut yeah yeah. We understand how you guys think.

Yes indeedy :lol:

Forum List

Back