Obama just says Job plan and B.O.A lays off 30 K jobs

awe......cry about it...

still no policy that made BOA do this from the speech

Although, the feds under Obama's leadership did help land BofA into this situation with the purchase of Merrill Lynch

that wasnt in the speech/plan was it?

And the OP never made the connection to the speech and the lay-offs did she?
You want to play that game....feel free, so will I. Obama could be responsible for the lay-offs, couldn't he?

BofA got suckered into a really bad deal when they rescued Merrill.

Hmmmm, Obama's henchmen at their very best.

Flanked by a coterie of lawyers and lobbyists, Kenneth D. Lewis, Bank of America’s embattled chief executive, walked into yet another Congressional hearing room on Thursday as the sole witness in a merger drama that has shadowed his banking empire for months.

But this time, lawmakers turned the spotlight on personalities who were not seated in the chamber: the federal officials who had pushed him to complete a troubled merger with Merrill Lynch late last year, despite knowing that huge losses riddled the once-mighty Wall Street firm.

On Thursday, Mr. Lewis maintained that federal officials pressured him to keep the merger alive, and acknowledged that his job had been at risk if he did not. But he resisted lawmakers’ efforts to characterize the situation as a threat

Bank of America’s Lewis Tells of Pressure to Buy Merrill Lynch - NYTimes.com

from your link:

And Mr. Paulson and Mr. Bernanke, who thought preserving a deal would keep markets calm in the thick of the financial crisis, are being questioned on whether they pressured a company’s executives into ignoring their duty to their shareholders.

According to notes taken by Bank of America executives to record their conversations with regulators at the time, Timothy F. Geithner, now the secretary of the Treasury, and Lawrence H. Summers, currently the president’s lead economics adviser, were also aware of the effort to seal a merger as the Bush administration prepared a transition to the incoming administration of Barack Obama.

you left out some key parts cupcake

Explain that for me....in your own words

Plasma, you like Obama, have bit off more than you can chew. Crawl back under your rock.

still no policy huh?
Oh i can handle all of you. None of you have actually produced anything of worth. Meister tried but still failed.

Policy for your assumption? Thats on you to produce.

Honestly im just enjoying watching you flail about aimlessly :clap2:

Well any way you look at it one can only hope that another 30,000 people don't lose their jobs.

Jesus who said the economy was improving??

i didn't even see Obama in the clip...Neg for lying
His speech about job plan was last week you moron.. And they announce this now . So , I am not lying for retard

OK, I will again post what I posted with Post# 20.
=============================

Bank of America's shakeup signals more layoffs
By Maureen Farrell September 8, 2011: 3:28 PM ET
BofA's shakeup signals more layoffs - Sep. 7, 2011

I guess some people should keep up with the news?
Bank of America really got nailed by the housing crisis, it also got nailed for improper banking practices for it's action prior and during the housing crisis. That's common knowledge.
=========================

Now, it should be noted that the above article was dated the same day Obama gave his speech and also before he gave his speech that night.
And from the article: "It's been rumored for several weeks that Bank of America could announce headcount reductions of 30,000, or 10.5%, of its 285,000 employees"

This all goes to show how lazy some people are as they didn't go to the link that I provided that debunked the bases of this thread. No, they just kept on posting with a tie in to an inaccurate OP!

i didn't even see Obama in the clip...Neg for lying
His speech about job plan was last week you moron.. And they announce this now . So , I am not lying for retard

Bank of America's shakeup signals more layoffs
By Maureen Farrell September 8, 2011: 3:28 PM ET

I guess some people should keep up with the news?
Bank of America really got nailed by the housing crisis, it also got nailed for improper banking practices for it's action prior and during the housing crisis. That's common knowledge.

To add to that, how many people lost their jobs when Enron went bust? Or Arthur Andersen? Or any other major business that got caught up in less-than-scrupulous activites? Is law enforcement supposed to not go after them just to preserve jobs?

i didnt even see Obama in the clip...Neg for lying

you have ZERO evidence its over his speech. they dont just fire people on a whim. Normally takes a little bit to figure out if you are going to downsize any or not.

Obama's "plan" hasnt even gone up for a vote nor passed. You dont fire someone on the prospect of someone giving a speech.

No policies from the Plan has been enacted that would affect BOA and this idea to downsize.

You lied, deal with it.

So then with that thinking ... there is absolutely no reason to blame republicans alraedy and if the jobs plan doesnt pass or stalls. After all things like this take time as you say.

I guess Obama can't add those 30,000 jobs to his unprecedented statistic of "saved jobs".......

The bank's 2008 acquisition of Merrill Lynch made Bank of America the world's largest wealth manager and a major player in the investment banking industry.[13]

Bank of America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On August 23, 2007 the company announced a $2 billion repurchase agreement for Countrywide Financial. This purchase of preferred stock was arranged to provide a return on investment of 7.25% per annum and provided the option to purchase common stock at a price of $18 per share.[42]

On January 11, 2008, Bank of America announced they would buy Countrywide Financial for $4.1 billion.[43] In March 2008, it was reported that the FBI was investigating Countrywide for possible fraud relating to home loans and mortgages.[44] This news did not stop the acquisition, which was completed in July 2008,

Yep about time to cut heads as a result of the mergers/aquisitions.

But blame it on Obama if you want.

I can't believe there are people so brainwashed by the Right Wing Media, they think Obama has something to do with this...

Forum List

Back