Obama Job Performance: Would John McCain Be Doing Better?...

Would John McCain Be Doing A Better Job Than Obama At This Point?

• Better

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Worse

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Same

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
McCain would have done the Stimulus and he would not have stood in the way of health care. We would have had the same result, only the economy would be worse off because he is as inspiring as ditchwater.

Obama has a clear direction, which is a good thing. It may be the wrong direction, but has a goal.

Mccain also voted against raising the GI Bill for our veterans, so that really turned me off him.

Not related to that bill specifically, but his reasoning re that is one reason I could support him with a clearer conscience than I could support Obama. McCain was far less likely to support legislation that had a 'noble title' but contained unintended negative consequences which, in McCain's opinion, that bill did. Nobody, and I mean nobody, in the federal government, except possibly for President Bush himself, has been a stronger advocate for the men in women in uniform than has been John McCain. Further the bill was loaded with non-military related pork that McCain won't vote for.

He has been consistent in opposing cuts in GI benefits imposed since Obama and a Democratically controlled Congress took office in January 2009.

I don't believe "they" would have needed to. I would have opposed McCain as strongly as I opposed the more liberal policies pushed by President Bush. But I never suspected President Bush of intentionally harming the country. Nor Senator McCain. I can't say that about Barack Obama.

I don't believe "they" would have needed to. I would have opposed McCain as strongly as I opposed the more liberal policies pushed by President Bush. But I never suspected President Bush of intentionally harming the country. Nor Senator McCain. I can't say that about Barack Obama.

Interestng point.

And that is why I could never take anything you say seriously. If you or anyone believes that any President wants to or has ever wanted to intentionally harm this country, I have to question that individual's ability to reason objectively.

And that is why I could never take anything you say seriously. If you or anyone believes that any President wants to or has ever wanted to intentionally harm this country, I have to question that individual's ability to reason objectively.

Question away. But if you know anything about Marxism, overt or the 'soft' variety, you know that it is necessary to bring down the existing structure and culture in order to establish the desired one. I did not speak of motive as I don't know anybody's motive in these things. But I can sure comment on what I see happening, and the philosophy that the person writes about, speaks, and reinforces with the people he surrounds hmself with.

Those who are objective consider the reasons behind a remark before condemning the person to unobjectivity.

Very few real differences between McCain & Obama. I think McCain would be doing a little better though.

A tie between Same & Better. That's kind of what i thought.

Last edited:
Yea i don't see how McCain could do any worse. Voting Same or Better makes sense.

We'd definitely be at war with Iran. And Iraq wouldn't have been a draw down..it would have been a build up..to support that.

Economically?

There would have been no stimulus package so tons of people would have been laid off. You'd probably be looking at 13-15% unemployment about now.

But there would be no fight over spending. That..I am completely sure of. Republicans would have been happy as larks with all the spending.

I don't think our credit rating would have been downgraded under McCain.
But, McCain was a weak candidate for the republicans....having said that, I doubt there would have been any candidate that could have beaten the rock star.

I don't think our credit rating would have been downgraded under McCain.
But, McCain was a weak candidate for the republicans....having said that, I doubt there would have been any candidate that could have beaten the rock star.

I'm not so sure. The Rock Star gained so much traction because he ran virtually unopposed. McCain ran the most pitiful campaign he could have possibly run and, as you said, he is so wishy washy in conservative credentials on so many things, he sometimes comes across as weak or clueless. Obama ran on themes that independents could hang their hat on and support. When it became apparent that those themes were empty rhetoric with no conviction or honesty behind them, it was too late. Obama was already President.

And i don't think McCain would have divided the Country as much either. He wouldn't have engaged in violent & hateful rhetoric like calling fellow Americans 'Racists' & 'Terrorists.' This current President has divided the Nation like no other i've seen before. It's very sad.

And i don't think McCain would have divided the Country as much either. He wouldn't have engaged in violent & hateful rhetoric like calling fellow Americans 'Racists' & 'Terrorists.' This current President has divided the Nation like no other i've seen before. It's very sad.

Mccains foreign policy worried me, this dude wants to stay in Iraq and Afghanistan idefinently and make a move on Iran, we'd have to have a fuckin draft to support this kind of troop movement.

Mccains foreign policy worried me, this dude wants to stay in Iraq and Afghanistan idefinently and make a move on Iran, we'd have to have a fuckin draft to support this kind of troop movement.

This is a valid point. His Foreign Policy worried me too.

This is a valid point. His Foreign Policy worried me too.

Finding a politician with a sensible domestic and good foreign policy is hard.

Agreed on this. McCain's natural inclination is to be a uniter and peacemaker while Obama was trained in the Alinsky school of divide and conquer.

So yes, we would have had some less destructive spending and we would not have had the rise of the militant extreme Left that we have seen. I'm am more ambivalent on the foreign policy question as McCain in not known to be unprincipled or to make rash, unconsidered decisions. I don't think our foreign policy could possibly have been any worse. I don't know if we would be entangled in the mini war in Lybia or not if McCain had been at the helm.

Another unknown is whether we would have had a Tea Party movement with McCain at the helm. As I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be using TARP as a petty cash fund for the President and wouldn't have implemented the destructive and harmful stimulus package and we wouldn't have Obamacare to deal with and McCain would have pushed to make the Bush tax cuts permanent, the Tea Party might not have organized. Or maybe they would have anyway to give McCain some support.

These are things we'll never know.

Forum List

Back