Obama is spending $200 million PER DAY on his little jaunt to India

Status
Not open for further replies.
You asshats are always above the fray are'nt ya?
Always smarter than the next guy.... you elites are unbelievably arrogant.

"Well I would never fall for that", but yet you always attack the right and believe anything that is said about Palin, ODonnell, etc.... WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT....

Oh and rdean.... why are you such a racist?

In this case yes we are

What the hell is wrong with Conservatives?

You don't believe in evolution or global warming but you buy this nonsense????

What?

I do believe you were once an ape :lol:

Dont cry rw.... its a joke.

If O'Donnell says she's not a witch, I believe her. In fact, I don't care enough to NOT believe her.

And Palin? What lies? What are the lies about Palin? She writes on her hand? She DOES write on her hand. What are the other lies? Her husband is a secessionist? He IS a secessionist and proud about being one. She received protections from witchcraft from her Pasteur? She did. You can watch him weave the spells of protection on Youtube. It was video taped. So what ARE the lies? She didn't write her book, "Going Rouge by Lynn Vincent"? The "by Lynn Vincent" kind of says it all. Gimme the lies - And make it good.

Now look at the lies about Obama. Birth certificate, pals around with terrorists, Marxist, Nazi, and now he wants to spend 200 million a day for a trip? Afghanistan costs 190 million a day and Obama wants to spend even more, but for a "trip"?

The lies against Obama are personal. They are designed to ruin him. To make him NOT an American. These lies are racist. No way you can spin out of that. The right wing is a racist organization headed by a racist fake news network whose entire goal is to divide and weaken this country.

Start a new thread then... you racist.

You don't think that Republicans wanting to believe ANYTHING about this president, no matter how far out and how weird has NOTHING to do with racism? Seriously?

No one really believes that? They can't. It's not possible.

My initial reaction to this story was that was one of the dumbest things I had ever heard. What I can't believe is that the Rush Limbaughs, Hannitys, Becks and Fox News posse has nobody on their staff that would ask "This doesn't make ANY sense, maybe we should check it out first"

Are you kidding? They don't care about facts. All they care about is a nice juicy story that they can put out as gospel truth knowing their zombie audience will suck it up like the last beer on earth. This thread is testament to that.

You don't think that Republicans wanting to believe ANYTHING about this president, no matter how far out and how weird has NOTHING to do with racism? Seriously?

No one really believes that? They can't. It's not possible.

My initial reaction to this story was that was one of the dumbest things I had ever heard. What I can't believe is that the Rush Limbaughs, Hannitys, Becks and Fox News posse has nobody on their staff that would ask "This doesn't make ANY sense, maybe we should check it out first"

India and China are, economically, the two most important nations for the US. At this moment in time, that's the way it is.

Obama has to go to both India and China. He has to negotiate deals and treaties and agreements to make sure this country doesn't get screwed and to undo at least some of the damage from the Bush administration.

For Sean and Rush and Glenn and the rest of Fox to run with this story:

A foreign force this size probably hasn't been in India since the era of British colonization.

The logistical details of the trip are mind-boggling and if not for an historic midterm election surely would have dominated the headlines over the past week. With the president and his staff making a point to stay at the Mumbai hotel ravaged by terrorists in 2008, the security arrangements have become the stuff of legend before Air Force One even takes off.

The president will be accompanied by 40 aircraft, 3,000 people, a fleet of cars and 34 warships, according to a string of blow-by-blow news updates. The Press Trust of India quoted an official in the state of Maharashtra pegging the cost at $200 million a day

Obama's said to have booked the entire Taj Mahal Palace hotel and, according to The Wall Street Journal, Mumbai officials have ordered coconuts plucked from palm trees outside a memorial the president is scheduled to visit to ensure there are no bumps on the noggin. In Delhi, the president's second stop, monkeys have been the subject of a municipal crackdown.

Security Entourage Earning Epic Reputation Ahead of Obama India Visit - FoxNews.com

Billions for a trip? Coconuts? Fox knew this was bullshit.

What you see here are personal attacks on the President of the United States. This news organization and the right wing are going after this president way beyond politics. These are racist in nature. No one makes up stories this far out because they don't like someone's politics. This is worse. These are racist attacks personal in nature. They want to destroy our president.

The right wing needs to understand Obama isn't the last minority President, but the first. What they are doing won't be forgotten.

The whole piece read like an article out of The Onion. That's why I said it was more proof of gullible-itis.

I'm hearing pissing and moaning from the left..

Soo .. just how much is this costing,

DO ANY OF YOU ACTUALLY KNOW?????

"Well I would never fall for that", but yet you always attack the right and believe anything that is said about Palin, ODonnell, etc.... WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT....

So here's a question for you: Why is it you would be so quick to believe ONE news "report" that comes out of a foreign country like India? There might have been at least some reason to do some serious sourcing of the information IF the same "reports" were suddenly appearing simultaneously. That might have indicated a serious leak of classified information. However, the Indian newspaper story was the ONLY one, which Matt Drudge picked up on and immediately posted on his front page with, of course, a highly embellished and completely unverified headline.

Shit like this has nothing to do with being elitist. It has to do with fucking common sense.

In this case yes we are

What the hell is wrong with Conservatives?

You don't believe in evolution or global warming but you buy this nonsense????

What?

If O'Donnell says she's not a witch, I believe her. In fact, I don't care enough to NOT believe her.

And Palin? What lies? What are the lies about Palin? She writes on her hand? She DOES write on her hand. What are the other lies? Her husband is a secessionist? He IS a secessionist and proud about being one. She received protections from witchcraft from her Pasteur? She did. You can watch him weave the spells of protection on Youtube. It was video taped. So what ARE the lies? She didn't write her book, "Going Rouge by Lynn Vincent"? The "by Lynn Vincent" kind of says it all. Gimme the lies - And make it good.

Now look at the lies about Obama. Birth certificate, pals around with terrorists, Marxist, Nazi, and now he wants to spend 200 million a day for a trip? Afghanistan costs 190 million a day and Obama wants to spend even more, but for a "trip"?

The lies against Obama are personal. They are designed to ruin him. To make him NOT an American. These lies are racist. No way you can spin out of that. The right wing is a racist organization headed by a racist fake news network whose entire goal is to divide and weaken this country.

Wow... you are all bit up by the "race bug"... Im sorry life has been so unfair to you and your buddy Obama :(

I dont have all of Obama's lies memorized....

THERE ARE TOO MANY!!!!!

Besides... why could'nt he maybe visit one of those imaginary 7 other states we seemed to have?

I have other fish to fry so laters Gators

Are India, South Korea and japan critical global powers?

The primary purpose is to take a bunch of U.S. companies and open up markets so that we can sell in Asia, in some of the fastest-growing markets in the world, and we can create jobs here in the United States of America,” Mr. Obama told his cabinet Thursday, with the cameras rolling. “My hope is, is that we’ve got some specific announcements that show the connection between what we’re doing overseas and what happens here at home when it comes to job growth and economic growth.”

Obama Recasts Asia Trip as Jobs Mission - NYTimes.com

Why must we go through this nonsense every time Obama boards Air Force One?

$200 million a day? You should be embarrased for the right wing conservatives

Even your goddess Michelle Bachman reported it as fact. Is this what we can expect from Tea Baggers?

If I had to guess, I would guess from 1.5 million to 3 million a day. I think I read that was the average cost of Bush's visits when he went overseas. I suspect it's about the same. No reason it would be different.

So here's a question for you: Why is it you would be so quick to believe ONE news "report" that comes out of a foreign country like India? There might have been at least some reason to do some serious sourcing of the information IF the same "reports" were suddenly appearing simultaneously. That might have indicated a serious leak of classified information. However, the Indian newspaper story was the ONLY one, which Matt Drudge picked up on and immediately posted on his front page with, of course, a highly embellished and completely unverified headline.

Shit like this has nothing to do with being elitist. It has to do with fucking common sense. really?

Well, I guess the same reason you guys believe everything that Huffie Post or Media-dont-matters says.... Thats if ya want to speak in generalizations.

I believed it for the most part, b/c it was'nt too far fetched compared to many other things this administration has done in the last two years.
For the record, read the entire thread and you will see I was'nt completely on board with the numbers, but I still believe it is very bad idea fiscally.

Guess he needs another vacation :eusa_whistle:

I also mean this from the bottom of my heart.... I hope nothing happens to him over there.
It is a very dangerous place, and I just dont see why he just has to do this. I truly do fear for his safety... he is my president too, and I pray for him everyday.

What?

Wow... you are all bit up by the "race bug"... Im sorry life has been so unfair to you and your buddy Obama :(

I dont have all of Obama's lies memorized....

THERE ARE TOO MANY!!!!!

Besides... why could'nt he maybe visit one of those imaginary 7 other states we seemed to have?

I have other fish to fry so laters Gators

First, couldn't name a lie and ended with a personal attack.

Idiot.

retard.jpg

That is NOT a personal attack, but a statement of fact.

Well .. so .. no one actually knows the cost then.. the White House ain't saying.

So this thread is like a.... BITCH FEST.....well that's fun.........:laugh2:

After this election.. I feel kinda bitchy myself...

(200 million a day .. talk about inflation...an attention getter)

Last edited:

Idiot.

retard.jpg

Im not going to list lies... b/c you wont face up to it if I were to be right on EVEN one!

Plus.... WHAT PERSONAL ATTACK?

Funny pic... :lol:

Michelle Bachmann bought into it

Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO) | TPMDC

"Well I think we know that just within a day or so the President of the United States will be taking a trip over to India that is expected to cost the taxpayers $200 million a day," Bachmann said. "He's taking two thousand people with him. He'll be renting out over 870 rooms in India. And these are 5-star hotel rooms at the Taj Mahal Palace hotel. This is the kind of over-the-top spending, it's a very small example, Anderson."

But wait: $200 million a day? Snopes.com says that the $200 million figure, which has been picked up by right-wing blogs, is "probably false." Snopes traced the rumor back to an anonymous Indian government official, quoted in a Press Trust of India article published on Tuesday. Factcheck.org calls the claim "highly doubtful," and points out that the entire war in Afghanistan currently costs about $190 million a day (h/t AJC).

Last edited:

If I had to guess, I would guess from 1.5 million to 3 million a day. I think I read that was the average cost of Bush's visits when he went overseas. I suspect it's about the same. No reason it would be different.

You can find out what it costs to fly AF One, what SS agents are paid, but that's about it. There is a budget for AF One, I believe, which takes into account overseas trips which must include the usual entourage. You can check that out too. Most THINKING people really don't care. It's part of ANY president's job, but the lunatic right thinks Obama should be restricted from such silly things as this. He's not "their" president, after all.

Shit like this has nothing to do with being elitist. It has to do with fucking common sense. really?

Well, I guess the same reason you guys believe everything that Huffie Post or Media-dont-matters says.... Thats if ya want to speak in generalizations.

I believed it for the most part, b/c it was'nt too far fetched compared to many other things this administration has done in the last two years.
For the record, read the entire thread and you will see I was'nt completely on board with the numbers, but I still believe it is very bad idea fiscally.

Guess he needs another vacation :eusa_whistle:

I also mean this from the bottom of my heart.... I hope nothing happens to him over there.
It is a very dangerous place, and I just dont see why he just has to do this. I truly do fear for his safety... he is my president too, and I pray for him everyday.

:bsflag: To your sickening backpedal about how much you "pray" for the president.

:bsflag: To your sickening backpedal about how much you "pray" for the president.

Care to try and prove that Dumbo?

My 9 yr old and I pray every night before she goes to bed and YES.... I pray his safety EVERY NIGHT!

Whether or not God is listening to me... I dont know, but I do pray for him.

You can find out what it costs to fly AF One, what SS agents are paid, but that's about it. There is a budget for AF One, I believe, which takes into account overseas trips which must include the usual entourage. You can check that out too. Most THINKING people really don't care. It's part of ANY president's job, but the lunatic right thinks Obama should be restricted from such silly things as this. He's not "their" president, after all.

Keep in mind that the key objective of the Republicans is to prevent Obama from being elected again

While they can now block all legislation in Congress, they can't prevent Obama from establishing foreign policy successes

Whining every time he leaves the country and passing lies about the cost is the best they can do

Idiot.

retard.jpg

Im not going to list lies... b/c you wont face up to it if I were to be right on EVEN one!

Plus.... WHAT PERSONAL ATTACK?

Funny pic... :lol:

That's the best you can do? No lies and this from years ago? Obama said he made 57 state visits and right wingers went nutz with, "Oh, he believes there are 57 states".

He went to all 50 states and then returned to 7 states a second time. That's 57 state visits. That's the "best you can do"?

PA

THE

TIC!

Besides, it's NOT could'nt but "couldn't". See, it's BETWEEN the N and the T.

Does that make you stupid? Of course not. It means you made a ridiculous mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back