Obama: "i admire Lincoln, but he did end up with a civil war on his hands, we have to avoid that"...is Obama blaming Lincoln for the civil war?

Bezukhov

Anarcho-Capitalist
Reaction score
Lincoln could have avoided the Civil War.
Sic Semper Tyrannis
Sic Semper Tyrannis: Thus always to tyrants.
Yup, Lincoln sure was a tyrant. Only the most evil and despicable of tyrants would deny to Good, White, Christian Southerners all the pleasures and profits that comes from tyrannizing Black people.
Its like a broken record. I cant be against abuse of power. I cant be against jailing people for natural and human rights. I cant be against scorched earth policies.
No, I have to be for slavery.
Dumbfuck.
So you're opposed to slavery. Secession was all about slavery
And?
You call yourself an anarchist and cant comprehend my reasoning? LOL what a joke
Just don't understand why you're opposed to abuses of power and denying people their rights, yet you support the South, whose whole raison d'être was abusing power and denying people their rights. Hypocrisy?

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Sic Semper Tyrannis
Sic Semper Tyrannis: Thus always to tyrants.
Yup, Lincoln sure was a tyrant. Only the most evil and despicable of tyrants would deny to Good, White, Christian Southerners all the pleasures and profits that comes from tyrannizing Black people.
Its like a broken record. I cant be against abuse of power. I cant be against jailing people for natural and human rights. I cant be against scorched earth policies.
No, I have to be for slavery.
Dumbfuck.
So you're opposed to slavery. Secession was all about slavery
And?
You call yourself an anarchist and cant comprehend my reasoning? LOL what a joke
Just don't understand why you're opposed to abuses of power and denying people their rights, yet you support the South, whose whole raison d'être was abusing power and denying people their rights. Hypocrisy?
Where did I say I support the south? :dunno:

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Reaction score
What words did Obama say that would make you think he was blaming the Civil War on Lincoln? The phrase "on his hands" just means "had to deal with" or "was faced with" or "was confronted with." It does not imply guilt or blame.

K9Buck

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sic Semper Tyrannis
Lincoln was a hardcore nationalist and sent 650,000 or so young, northern, men to their deaths to keep the south a part of the union.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List