Obama embraces doctrine of 'strategic patience'

Hardly. Rushing in like Bush and crew wouldn't do America any favors.

the RW dopes somehow imagine fighting a terrorist organization is akin to a conventional war/fight/battle.
They think ISIS is just strutting around out in the open and Obama is just playing golf and ignoring them in spite of our 1000 bombing missions in Syria and Iraq.
I would prefer it if Obama was just playing golf, and we stopped playing with fire in the Middle East. At best the airstrikes hold ISIS back, but they haven't defeated the group - anymore than successive airstrikes in Palestine have defeated Fatah or Hamas.
It's up to regional powers to defeat ISIS, we do what we can but it is not our job to throw money and soldiers at a problem that will never be resolved until the people who live there decide to do the dirty ground war.

It's up to regional powers to defeat the Nazis, we do what we can but it is not our job to throw money and soldiers at a problem that will never be resolved until the people who live there decide to do the dirty ground war.

Neville? Neville Chamberlain? Is that you Neville?

the RW dopes somehow imagine fighting a terrorist organization is akin to a conventional war/fight/battle.
They think ISIS is just strutting around out in the open and Obama is just playing golf and ignoring them in spite of our 1000 bombing missions in Syria and Iraq.
I would prefer it if Obama was just playing golf, and we stopped playing with fire in the Middle East. At best the airstrikes hold ISIS back, but they haven't defeated the group - anymore than successive airstrikes in Palestine have defeated Fatah or Hamas.

The warmonger right wants Obama the world policeman out of the donut shop and back on the street.

The warmonger right wants Obama the world policeman out of the donut shop and back on the street.
Ok ok so how do you accomplish defeating Isis? It requires leadership. Not lip service... I do agree with obama that yes we need a coalition to defeat it...but that is where obama fails he speaks but his words have no substance they are flat. He is a paper pusher and that is it. In his mind if it looks good on paper it will work... He is an amateur at best incompetent at worst.

First build the coalition. Start with one country(. Obama likes the word coalition but does not know how to build one and what is required to build one). Start by calling it MEDO or MEDF Mid East defense organization or Mid East defense force. Second start to train with the new force this requires months of planning and requires support but the training is key . And is why our air strikes have had limited success each country has intel they won't share and there are so many holes in Intel that we have by the time we hit a place they are gone. Training with the new intel and letting the coalition work with us and us with them is a nessesity we learn how to operate together and learn how the different weapon systems operate and how to deploy them effectively. You are going to require a a training faciltiy and fam flights, gear, resources, each country that is in the coalition needs to supply these things twice a year for an exercise. Working together is key you learn the people and the And human element. This is just a start on what needs to happen according to obama but as I said he is a man of no substance and no leadership nothing just a paper pusher. I know this from military decisions and his national decisions... Shovel ready project keep your insurance... He is very transparent but really this new strategy he has tAlked about, this should be what is happening, it's what NATO does every year. And no being prepared is not war mongering, I am just stating a plan that should be happening now and reqqyires a lot more money and time then what we are doing now lol but when obama said that spending money on a war right now is not smart I realize he is all lip service that he is not planning these things. No leadership and it's sad and frightening but he has no stategy bone in his body at all.

I could go on and on about what needs to be done. And how it can be accomplished. But as I said obama thinks if countries sign up for a coalition it would work with no problems... He obviously has never built a coalition and does not understand that it takes months of training to operate smoothly and how much money is required. NATO operates smoothly because of the constant exercises and training we do. He obviously does not listen to his military advisers or his military cabinet is afraid to tell him what he doesn't want to hear, that is obvious

Until we do more to arm Kurdish and Iraqi ground forces and provide more logistic support, nothing much is going to change. An air campaign alone will never defeat ISIS.

Forum List

Back