Obama declares Gulf Coast 'open for business'

I am confused, wasn't it less than a month ago that all the liberals were scoffing at the idea that the worst environmental disaster in the history of the universe was not that big a deal? Now The One says everything is OK and everyone falls into line.

Amazing. Does this mean Limbaugh was right?

I am confused. Who was that retarded to think it wasn't a big deal? There was oil gushing into the gulf non-stop for three months, and we all god deluged with heart-breaking pictures of wildlife covered in oil. I don't see how someone could possibly argue that the spill wasn't a big deal.

Would you rather him not say it was okay, and have businesses along the Gulf loose more money?
it never was the worst disaster in the first place
Obama had an "oh shit" moment and realized he was doing more harm than good

That is nice.
But many people are not like us, they don't care about politics. And when they see their President swimming in the Gulf, they might reconsider their vacation.
I don't care why he did, the number one thing in the whole situation is the people who have been loosing money this whole time.

He wasn't swimming in the Gulf. It was just reported to appear that way. Hmm.

"Beaches all along the Gulf Coast are clean, they are safe, and they are open for business," Obama said.

"The president's dip took place away from the news media. The White House released an official photo, but The Associated Press does not publish such handout images. According to the White House, the Obamas swam off Alligator Point, which is in Saint Andrews Bay, not the Gulf."

Obamas take a boat ride during Gulf Coast vacation - Yahoo! News

O thank Goodness, we are ALL SAVED again by the OBAMA.

he DECLARED THE WATERS ARE SAFE..now all we needed was a picture of him WALKING ON IT...whooboy can ya imagine.

good grief, gag a maggot.

Wow, you are really that big of hack.

This is not a partisan issue, he swam in the ocean, and some people might now plan a vacation down there. Get a fucking clue, dumbass.
Tell me how this a bad thing?

it never was the worst disaster in the first place
Obama had an "oh shit" moment and realized he was doing more harm than good

That is nice.
But many people are not like us, they don't care about politics. And when they see their President swimming in the Gulf, they might reconsider their vacation.
I don't care why he did, the number one thing in the whole situation is the people who have been loosing money this whole time.

"Beaches all along the Gulf Coast are clean, they are safe, and they are open for business," Obama said.

"The president's dip took place away from the news media. The White House released an official photo, but The Associated Press does not publish such handout images. According to the White House, the Obamas swam off Alligator Point, which is in Saint Andrews Bay, not the Gulf."

Will it matter where he swam, when people decide to go down there or to the beach?:cuckoo:

And If I am not mistaken the Oil made it's way into many bays. But keep up the partisan politics. Bravo!:clap2:

he DECLARED THE WATERS ARE SAFE..now all we needed was a picture of him WALKING ON IT...whooboy can ya imagine.

This is not a partisan issue, he swam in the ocean, and some people might now plan a vacation down there. Get a fucking clue, dumbass.

LOL, wasn't it you idiots and the Obama who were PROCLAIMING this was the damn WORST environmental disaster of all times. But now you all and the Obama has seen the LIGHT.
what a friggen joke. and the only hack is you and your boyking.:lol:

Last edited:
Bravo Divecon for being one of the only cons in this thread that wasn't a complete partisan hack. :clap2:

LOL, just last month you idiots and the Obama were PROCLAIMING this was the damn WORST environmental disaster of all times. But now you all and the Obama has seen the LIGHT.

That is not the fucking point you moron.
And show where the experts said this wasn't a terrible and one of the worse envirnomental disasters in our history. Show me a disaster that did more damage to our environment?
That is not the point of his actions, the point of his actions is make the people who don't give a shit about the politics feel better about going down to the Gulf. You are the biggest idiot on this board. Good job!:clap2:

LOL, just last month you idiots and the Obama were PROCLAIMING this was the damn WORST environmental disaster of all times. But now you all and the Obama has seen the LIGHT.

And show where the experts said this wasn't a terrible and one of the worse envirnomental disasters in our history. Show me a disaster that did more damage to our environment?
That is not the point of his actions, the point of his actions is make the people who don't give a shit about the politics feel better about going down to the Gulf. You are the biggest idiot on this board. Good job!:clap2:

:lol:
so going "swimming" in the water is "suppose" to MAKE PEOPLE FWEEL better..good grief, I laugh and laugh.
I was actually makeing fun of the Title of this thread more than anything. The Obama DECLARES the Gulf coast open for business. but you wanna get yer panties all in a bunch, have at it..

Last edited:
That is nice.

Will it matter where he swam, when people decide to go down there or to the beach?:cuckoo:

And If I am not mistaken the Oil made it's way into many bays. But keep up the partisan politics. Bravo!:clap2:

Why do you suppose he did not swim in the Gulf? :cuckoo: It must matter to him..:lol:

so going "swimming" in the water is "suppose" to MAKE PEOPLE FWEEL better..good grief, I laugh and laugh.
I was actually makeing fun of the Title of this thread more than anything. The Obama DECLARES the Gulf coast open for business. but you wanna get yer panties all in a bunch, have at it..
Please show how Obama doing this a bad thing?
The simple fact you find fault in this situation, shows what kind of person you are.

Why do you suppose he did not swim in the Gulf? :cuckoo: It must matter to him..:lol:
I don't really care, and businesses that will see their business increase will not either.

I was actually making fun of the Title of this thread more than anything. The Obama DECLARES the Gulf coast open for business. but you wanna get yer panties all in a bunch, have at it..
Please show how Obama doing this a bad thing?
The simple fact you find fault in this situation, shows what kind of person you are.

Oh stop your whining. If this had been Bush we would of seen the lefties and this board EXPLODE.. so the Obama took a dip. BIG FRIGGEN DEAL.
now move along wee whiny one.

Last edited:
I am confused, wasn't it less than a month ago that all the liberals were scoffing at the idea that the worst environmental disaster in the history of the universe was not that big a deal? Now The One says everything is OK and everyone falls into line.

Would you rather him not say it was okay, and have businesses along the Gulf loose more money?

If it is so OK why did he lie about swimming in it?

Obama swims in Gulf; declares it safe | The Money Times

August 2010: Photo of the Day | The White House

Alligator Point is not exactly the Gulf of Mexico.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=alligator+point+florida&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Alligator+Point,+Florida&gl=us&ei=fLVoTMOYNYq-sQO3-ZmuDQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQ8gEwAA

Keep drinking the Kool Aid.

Last edited:

I am confused. Who was that retarded to think it wasn't a big deal? There was oil gushing into the gulf non-stop for three months, and we all god deluged with heart-breaking pictures of wildlife covered in oil. I don't see how someone could possibly argue that the spill wasn't a big deal.

Who thought it was not a big deal? That would be Robert Gibbs, the White House press secretary.

I’ve used this analogy before, but I think I want to take one more time to do this. It is important to understand that this event happened 5,000 feet below the surface at a well that was several miles below that 5,000-foot point. It is measuring -- we were measuring the flow rate basically of an opened Coke can 5,000 feet below the ocean using the best available technology that we had at the time without the benefit of knowing how big the Coke can was.

Press Briefing by Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, Admiral Thad Allen, Carol Browner, and Dr. Lubchenco, 8/4/2010 | The White House

Bravo Divecon for being one of the only cons in this thread that wasn't a complete partisan hack. :clap2:

I am mocking the partisan hacks that went form worst environmental disaster in history to everything is great in a week, without a single question about where all that oil went to. The reason I pointed out that Limbaugh was actually right about this is that is exactly what those people scoffed at when Limbaugh predicted it.

The fact that you blindly support Obama and ignore that the greatest conservative hack was actually right makes you a hack. The rest of us just enjoy mocking every hack on both sides of the aisle.

Forum List

Back