Obama calls for $250 payments to seniors

250 so they can buy some asprin to use when they are denied medical treatment due to rationing and of their age!!!
Does anyone other than me realize how retarded this argument is? "If the government provides health care for more people, old people will be denied care", ignoring the fact that, you know, the government already provides health care for the elderly.
You do know of course, that Medicare is not free. A 65 year old woman signing up for Medicare today pays about $275/mo for her Medicare/supplement/Part D with a co-pay. Once more people are added the cost is sure to go up precipitously or will get less medical services. The poor, whether elderly or young get it more or less free right now, but they too will pay, with reduced medical services available to them.

250 so they can buy some asprin to use when they are denied medical treatment due to rationing and of their age!!!
Does anyone other than me realize how retarded this argument is? "If the government provides health care for more people, old people will be denied care", ignoring the fact that, you know, the government already provides health care for the elderly.
You do know of course, that Medicare is not free. A 65 year old woman signing up for Medicare today pays about $275/mo for her Medicare/supplement/Part D with a co-pay. Once more people are added the cost is sure to go up precipitously or will get less medical services. The poor, whether elderly or young get it more or less free right now, but they too will pay, with reduced medical services available to them.

Not to mention he/she has paid income taxes for their entire working life, unlike Charlie Rangel.and a few other prominent demoncwats.

Seniors have already gotten one $250 payment. I don't care, medicare sucks and they dont' get enough to live on from social security.

Do you realize how retarded you are? Probably not. You probably missed the part in the bill where Medicare will have its funding cut. Where do you think those cuts will fall? You think the consumers/insureds will somehow be insulated from that and doctors and hospitals will just soak up a 42% cut? WRONG.
Why do you think members of AARP are screaming about this, just as the national org is finishing sucking off Obama's large Negro penis?

Spin it righty's. (Your losing so bad). :)

Tell you what, I'll send $250 to each of my parents, you do the same for yours, and let everybody else do the same for theirs, lets eliminate the government altogether in this matter.
No, no, parents can send money to their lovely daughter since Obama is going to be so generous to them. Shoot a few more years then Rod and I can collect our $250.00 too.

To sum it all up...

The government is going to take us further in debt to give money to the elderly that they shouldn't have taken in the first place. The government's ponzi scheme is imploding and if this healthcare is going to pass, the elderly need to be bribed.

To sum it all up...

The government is going to take us further in debt to give money to the elderly that they shouldn't have taken in the first place. The government's ponzi scheme is imploding and if this healthcare is going to pass, the elderly need to be bribed.

Obama needs the AARP in his corner on health care. Thus the cynical bribe to the elderly with our own money.

HEY Moutain little one , your hero "W " did that to the tune of 600 bucks already and did it that a while ago, 1200 a couple, don't you work or maybe you can't find a women that would have your sorry ass

Seniors have already gotten one $250 payment. I don't care, medicare sucks and they dont' get enough to live on from social security.

What party was against medicare and social security and imagine where the elderly would be if they succeeded?

To sum it all up...

Obama needs the AARP in his corner on health care. Thus the cynical bribe to the elderly with our own money.

AARP is on his side, it's just that seniors are not. Many have cancelled their memberships. Seniors are not that stupid, they know he intends to cut 500 billion from their health care plan.

To sum it all up...

AARP is on his side, it's just that seniors are not. Many have cancelled their memberships. Seniors are not that stupid, they know he intends to cut 500 billion from their health care plan.

Right. BUt if enough of their members complain they might reconsider. Thus the need for a bribe.

What party was against medicare and social security and imagine where the elderly would be if they succeeded?

Being cared for by their families like it's supposed to be. And had gov't not imposed enormous crushing taxes to pay for it, those families could probably have afforded to.

Being cared for by their families like it's supposed to be. And had gov't not imposed enormous crushing taxes to pay for it, those families could probably have afforded to.

Then you should talk to everyone in your family who is on Social security or medicare and ask them to stop the benefits for principles sake.

Forum List

Back