Obama approves of same sex marriage

! Bestiality is not the issue! It is a crime! Why? Consent!

Wait a minute.

Does a chicken consent to living its life in a tiny cage to lay eggs its entire life, only to be relegated to canned catfood at the end of its useful life?
Chicken farms aren't illegal, but dog fighting rings are. It's abuse, you inept twit!

Your logical is fail. You seem to be arguing now that something should be a crime because we have a law against it.

Like gay marriage in most of our States, for example.

And there's the kernel of truth we all suspect: you want to deny people rights because you see them as "abnormal". Fortunately adults with open minds, broader world views and deeper understanding of human nature are now calling for the abolition of this blatant and poorly conceived bigotry.
Why are you selective in who has rights and who don't have rights? Do people have the right to marry a family member? Does a person have the right to have as many spouses has they want? Does a person have the right to have sex with an animal?
You are stretching as far as any bigot ever has! Bestiality is not the issue! It is a crime! Why? Consent!

And the contract set up by the state to accommodate marriage is a contract between TWO people, not a committee of a man and several women. If they want to form a family unit, they can become incorporated and have the corporation take responsibility for property and benefits and taxation.

And if someone finds a legal benefit to marrying a family member, why not? If marriage was only and exclusively about procreation, why would the state issue marriage licenses to post menopausal women?
You are stretching as far as any bigot ever has! Bestiality is not the issue! It is a crime! Why? Consent!
What's with this consent shit does an animal consent to be sold as breeding stock or do they give consent to be used as food?
How am I stretching it? Some people do like to have sex with animals why are you for restricting their right to have sex with animals?

And the contract set up by the state to accommodate marriage is a contract between TWO people, not a committee of a man and several women. If they want to form a family unit, they can become incorporated and have the corporation take responsibility for property and benefits and taxation.

So you're trying to redefine the gay marriage issue who would have thought.

And if someone finds a legal benefit to marrying a family member, why not? If marriage was only and exclusively about procreation, why would the state issue marriage licenses to post menopausal women?

WOW you're flip flopping all over the place on this one.

Wait a minute.

Does a chicken consent to living its life in a tiny cage to lay eggs its entire life, only to be relegated to canned catfood at the end of its useful life?
Chicken farms aren't illegal, but dog fighting rings are. It's abuse, you inept twit!

Sober, law abiding, tax paying American adult homosexuals are not committing a crime by being what they are, in spite of the ignorance, hatred and bigotry of the Conservatives in America.

Chicken farms for the sole purpose for cock fighting are illegal.

Wait a minute.

Your logical is fail. You seem to be arguing now that something should be a crime because we have a law against it.

Damn I felt the hit from that zingger:lol:

A political calculation without question.

It doesn't matter how much whining the right does, there is no way they can stop this from becoming the law of the land.

Why? Because gays and supporters are gaining enough political power to demand it. It's that simple.

In America, rights are determined by what you can demand .. not by what is right, just, fair, humane, or what Jesus would do.

It's just that simple.

What reliable source did you get your information from?

U.S. Adults Estimate That 25% of Americans Are Gay or Lesbian

There is little reliable evidence about what percentage of the U.S. population is in reality gay or lesbian, due to few representative surveys asking about sexual orientation, complexities surrounding the groups and definitions involved, and the probability that some gay and lesbian individuals may not choose to identify themselves as such. Demographer Gary Gates last month released a review of population-based surveys on the topic, estimating that 3.5% of adults in the United States identify as lesbian, gay, or bisexual, with bisexuals making up a slight majority of that figure. Gates also disputes the well-circulated statistic that "10% of the males are more or less exclusively homosexual."

How many gay people are there in the United States?
The Williams Institute at the UCLA School of Law, a sexual orientation law and public policy think tank, estimates that 9 million (about 3.8%) of Americans identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender (2011). The institute also found that bisexuals make up 1.8% of the population, while 1.7% are gay or lesbian. Transgender adults make up 0.3% of the population. The Gay Population - Gay Population Statistics In The United States

If you base the political power of gays by their population, their political power will not be strong enough.

From my life experience, I would guess the percent of homosexuals at less than 5%. Somewhere between one in twenty and one in thirty.

But that is not where their political power lies. If you include people who have gay children, gay brothers and sisters, close friends who are gay the percent of the population jumps to 25-30% of the population
It is also those who are close to gays who do not like to see them discriminated against and would like to see them treated fairly

Damn I felt the hit from that zingger:lol:

ThreadKiller.jpg

Wait a minute.

chicken's aren't sentient beings capable of consent.

though in your case, i can see where you might confuse their level of intelligence with your own.

Wait a minute.

though in your case, i can see where you might confuse their level of intelligence with your own.

Why do these threads sways devolve into sex with animals discussions?

Wait a minute.

We are talking about people having rights aren't we?
Some people like to have sex with animals it is their right to do so isn't it?

Wait a minute.

So it's ok to use animals for breeding stock and eating but people do not have the right to have sex with them. Who are you to restrict people from doing what they feel is their right to do?

Not following your logic...

How is raping an animal the equivalent of two people who love each other wanting to get married?

How is raping an animal the equivalent of two people who love each other wanting to get married?

You aren't following anything that's for sure.

Is using animals for breeding stock raping them?
And when did animals have rights?
People have the righ to do what they want too is this a correct statement?

Last edited:
Wait a minute.

It is the logical extension of marriage' rights.'

I'm still not following your logical train of thought

Now you are saying using animals for breeding is somehow related to homosexual marriage? Are you advocating your right to have sex with animals?

Who are ewe to deny love, rightwinger?

And spare us the 'consent' meme. Humans make decisions for animals all the time.

Now you are saying using animals for breeding is somehow related to homosexual marriage? Are you advocating your right to have sex with animals?

Sex has nothing to do with it. It could be a perfectly platonic marriage.

Wait a minute.

Because you insist on ignoring the other failures of your marriage is a 'human right' argument when it comes to incest and polygamy?

What is about selective rights with liberals? Your refusal to follow and your suggestive statement is telling how much of a bigot you are. Why is that you support some peoples right and others you don't? And it has been point out that people make decisions for animals everyday. Hell Humans even sign contracts for animals.

Meh, marry, don't marry, honestly the issue means little to me except to say I see no reason they shouldn't have the right. So long as we don't start to see people suing churches to force them to perform same sex ceremonies I take no issue. And I speak as a borderline Atheist...

One question...

Is it a cop out for him to say it's an issue to be decided by the state?

That being said, what I am curious about is this...

Would this be considered a "flip-flop?" I know the ABC article essentially called it a "reversal" and our President has described his thoughts on the issue as "evolving..."

So when does it become a "flip-flop?" Or is this merely a description used to bash one's political opponents?

I think that, technically, a "flip flop" would be to hold forth 2 opposing positions within a reasonably short frame of time, the difference being in what venue one were at, and which audience was present.

For example, to be at the NRA and assure them that you believe there were too many regulations on the sale of fire-arms, and then a week or two later, to assure a different group, say one dedicate to increased regulations on fire arms because of the increased number of gun-related deaths, that you intend to increase the regulations on the sale of fire-arms. THAT would be flip-flopping.

I think that anyone presented with sufficient information to change their minds on an important issue should do so, and should come out and say they did.

I thought he was wrong 4 years ago, and I still think he's wrong on his refusal to advocate for the legalization of cannabis, but I'm glad he finally got behind marriage equality.
Changing your mind every so often is acceptable for teenagers but we are talking about someone who is supposed to be an adult. Who by age 28 should have already had his views on issue's set. Adults do not change their mind then change their mind then go back to their previous views then change their mind again. Thats a sign of an unstable person and what type of leader would they make? :cuckoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUzEJiFpmsQ]Mitt Romney Flip Flop Collection - A Hilarious Video Compilation - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back