Obama announces order: Your employer must submit payroll stats by race & gender to Feds now.

There are lots of reasons why two employees might make different salaries and race isn't one of them.
Oh, but it is, and we have the numbers to prove it, already. Now we want.....................................................................even better numbers.

Ok. Numbers also show blacks are more violent. And rape more. And steal more. And aren't as smart. Numbers prove it right?
Yep, and die younger, and suffer more heart disease, and collect less social security, and have higher unemployment, and get jailed more often, and get fucked by loan officers and their employers more often. Numbers, it's math, embrace it.

and get fucked by loan officers

Maybe we should push banks to make more loans to more lower income minorities.
What's the worst that could happen?

The CRA never required that banks violate their own standards for loan worthiness. It only prohibited res-lining.

But thanks for repeating that particular lie. You might want to actually look at the CRA and stop annoying people who actually know what it says instead of repeating rightwing talk radio insanity.

Watching CNN right now and Obama is currently on giving a splendid lecture again on how white men have it too good. He broke down by race and gender everyone's earnings.....AND he is now announcing a requirement that:

Every employer with 100 or more employees must provide data on pay broken down by gender and race!!'

WHAT THE FUCK??? WHY????

He says all the other races and genders make "less than a white man and that's not fair".

Folks....2016 is gonna be a long fucking year with this motherfucker in office.

Get ready for the "blacklist" at your job. You evil evil white man....Lashonda in the mail room makes half of what you earn and it's time that it changes.

and? :cuckoo:

i'm going to take a stab at reality here and say its for employers with more than 50 employees.

just guessing.

Wow so smart of you!!! You "guessed" it was for 50 or more employees.....and my OP says it's 100. Wow. Great guess. How did you get so smart???
Her was schooled. :)

No moron. Other than wage/hours and taxes, the law acknowledges the differences between small businesses and larger businesses. The cut-off is usually 50 employees.

You'd know that if *you* were schooled.
But thanks for your usual spew.

There are lots of reasons why two employees might make different salaries and race isn't one of them.
Oh, but it is, and we have the numbers to prove it, already. Now we want.....................................................................even better numbers.

Ok. Numbers also show blacks are more violent. And rape more. And steal more. And aren't as smart. Numbers prove it right?
Yep, and die younger, and suffer more heart disease, and collect less social security, and have higher unemployment, and get jailed more often, and get fucked by loan officers and their employers more often. Numbers, it's math, embrace it.

and get fucked by loan officers

Maybe we should push banks to make more loans to more lower income minorities.
What's the worst that could happen?

The CRA never required that banks violate their own standards for loan worthiness. It only prohibited res-lining.

But thanks for repeating that particular lie. You might want to actually look at the CRA and stop annoying people who actually know what it says instead of repeating rightwing talk radio insanity.

You have to look at default rates. If black borrowers had to be better qualified to get a loan, their default rates would be lower. Do you feel that was the case?

Watching CNN right now and Obama is currently on giving a splendid lecture again on how white men have it too good. He broke down by race and gender everyone's earnings.....AND he is now announcing a requirement that:

Every employer with 100 or more employees must provide data on pay broken down by gender and race!!'

WHAT THE FUCK??? WHY????

He says all the other races and genders make "less than a white man and that's not fair".

Get ready for the "blacklist" at your job. You evil evil white man....Lashonda in the mail room makes half of what you earn and it's time that it changes.
So will my WHITE wife be making the same amount as the incompetent ****** above her now? So incompetent they don't know what a VACATION vs SOMEONE QUITTING is.

WHAT THE FUCK??? WHY????

and? :cuckoo:

i'm going to take a stab at reality here and say its for employers with more than 50 employees.

just guessing.

Wow so smart of you!!! You "guessed" it was for 50 or more employees.....and my OP says it's 100. Wow. Great guess. How did you get so smart???
Her was schooled. :)

No moron. Other than wage/hours and taxes, the law acknowledges the differences between small businesses and larger businesses. The cut-off is usually 50 employees.

You'd know that if *you* were schooled.
But thanks for your usual spew.
The opening post said it related to businesses with 100 employees or more.

Where were you schooled there Princess? ACME's school for stupid bimbos?

Doesn't take into account the specific types of engineers. Invalid unless you break it down by engineering disciplines and take into account many factors you ignore.
I'm not ignoring any factors, and neither are the people who do this research. You just don't want to believe it.

I don't believe it because you haven't proven it.

A computer engineer doing software development has a median starting salary of around $68,000. A civil engineer around $56,000. Are you saying that a comparison of those two disciplines in the same because both are engineers?
Nope. And neither are the people who do this kind of research.

Apparently they do since they used the generic "engineer" in the chart. What type of engineer? Please tell me where your source indicates that.
Look it up, for yourself, lazy ass.

For example: For Women, the Pay Gap Begins at Birth. Or at Least at Graduation

And: Even in High-Paying STEM Fields, Women Are Shortchanged

So you don't have any evidence. You have whining and invalid claims.

But...but I am not allowed to ask race or gender when I hire them. So...???

Or consider race and gender in promotions.

This should go SO WELL.

DOJ special task force units swooping in to employers who don't have race/Gender equality in their payroll stats.

Lorretta Lynch standing in front of John at Johns Construction saying "Splain yo self cracka"
This is why black democrats must NEVER be president again. What a massive fuck up, America, for voting this present asshole into The Presidency.

He's just laying the groundwork for further race based legislation down the road. Hopefully the Republican elected this year will just squash the whole thing.
President Cruz will cancel every XO this motherfucker has ordered before the Inaugural Parade begins. And if any other person is elected, they had better do the same.

As long as they are gathering stats only on race, gender, and pay with no consideration for all the factors that go into determining pay, they will not arrive at a correct conclusion.

They won't. It won't matter that the white person has a higher level of education, more training, etc. The only thing they'll see is a difference in pay.
By all means then, continue screaming against Affirmative Action in colleges and programs to encourage higher education for minorities.

I thought this was already a requirement.
I think they've always been required to report # of employees broken down by gender and race, but not their salaries.

Doubtful I can be held to an executive order, when it requires me to violate other federal statutes. I call BS
If you're a business person, you'd better get your payroll records in order, or you'll lose out on the next contract you bid for.

As long as they are gathering stats only on race, gender, and pay with no consideration for all the factors that go into determining pay, they will not arrive at a correct conclusion.

They won't. It won't matter that the white person has a higher level of education, more training, etc. The only thing they'll see is a difference in pay.
By all means then, continue screaming against Affirmative Action in colleges and programs to encourage higher education for minorities.

AA isn't encouraging higher education, it's letting those less qualified get in over the more qualified.

Obama wants me to profile.
Nope. He wants to make sure you aren't profiling.

I predicted a couple years ago it would be just a matter of time before the government will prevent certain insurance companies from being listed on the health insurance exchanges for not having enough women and minorities in their employ. Big insurance companies will bribe congressmen to lock out their competitors, especially smaller start-ups, using this regulation as the justification.

The more the government takes over goods and services, the more we are going to see this kind of thing.
I'm never happy about government requiring even more onerous paperwork, but I agree with PaintMyHouse about the reasons for it. Why can't the government just do a special business census instead? I live in a 96% white state and bidding for government jobs is tough enough when there aren't minorities enough living here to meet quotas.

AA isn't encouraging higher education, it's letting those less qualified get in over the more qualified.
As I said, continue screaming. It may not pay you as well as you expect, in the long run.

As I said, continue screaming. It may not pay you as well as you expect, in the long run.

I do fine and it should be noted that I didn't have to have the government force someone to do it for me. Unlike AA beneficiaries, those who say they want to be judged by the content of their character (qualifications), they are more than willing to accept a benefit from something they say would be wrong if used to deny. Typical hypocrites. It's the mindset of it's wrong because you're only doing it because I'm black but if being black will help, use it.

Forum List

Back