Nutjob City, USA

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
Are you tired of lunacy in general and crazy people in particular. If so, believe me when I say that I completely understand. I mean, it's just been getting worse and worse over the last few years. But the last year alone has been so bad that I'm starting to wonder if someone put something in the water. Maybe that's why I started to only drink flavored vitamin water without even realizing it.

Well, with all the stress related to having to deal with people who are not rational, there are more than a few people who are simply looking to "get away from it all" even if it's only for a few days of worry free rest and relaxation. If that sounds like you, I should tell you that there's one place you absolutely should NOT go. It's Sequim, Washington.

Read the story below to find out why.

big deal so a few folk wanna get together and swap conspiracy theories.

No different than the flat earth society

Why does the left make a suck big deal out of this, other than control

If people were just sitting around saying something like: "Hey, did you hear about this one?', it wouldn't really be a problem because all they would be doing is swapping stories about conspiracy theories they've heard or heard about. It's a far different matter when the people involved buy into this madness. It's like visiting an asylum that doesn't have any doors that lock from the outside.

Compare and contrast this town with the smoking rubble of Portland.
I hadn't heard that Portland had been reduced to smoking rubble.

Of course you haven't. You're ignorant of the months and months of intense left-wing rioting in a major city like Portland that has left billions of dollars in property destroyed and killed several people, yet you're up to speed on "news" of a tiny town mayor who wants to talk about conspiracy theories. Do you see how odd that is?

If people were just sitting around saying something like: "Hey, did you hear about this one?', it wouldn't really be a problem because all they would be doing is swapping stories about conspiracy theories they've heard or heard about. It's a far different matter when the people involved buy into this madness. It's like visiting an asylum that doesn't have any doors that lock from the outside.

I guess you oppose freedom of speech?

Of course you haven't. You're ignorant of the months and months of intense left-wing rioting in a major city like Portland that has left billions of dollars in property destroyed and killed several people, yet you're up to speed on "news" of a tiny town mayor who wants to talk about conspiracy theories. Do you see how odd that is?

This country has had riots for a variety of reasons, race being one of the major ones. The 1968 murder of MLK stands out. So too, does the LA riots in the early 1990s after the not guilty verdict in the video taped police beating of Rodney King. But those people weren't crazy; they were engraged. Rage is obviously a very intense emotion, but it's a passing one. For most people, rage is not going to last long even if there is underlying anger based on personal experience with institutional racism.

But people who are irrational (crazy is my catch all phrase) and believe in conspiracy theories don't miraculously get better overnight. I mean, a good night's sleep isn't going to fix crazy. It just sticks around, and from what I can tell, it's metastasizing across the country as people congregate and find kindred spirits on the Internet and in real life. How is that not potentially a much larger problem?

Try millions, not billions. A billion is a big number but people own houses in the millions.

This country has had riots for a variety of reasons, race being one of the major ones. The 1968 murder of MLK stands out. So too, does the LA riots in the early 1990s after the not guilty verdict in the video taped police beating of Rodney King. But those people weren't crazy; they were engraged. Rage is obviously a very intense emotion, but it's a passing one. For most people, rage is not going to last long even if there is underlying anger based on personal experience with institutional racism.

But people who are irrational (crazy is my catch all phrase) and believe in conspiracy theories don't miraculously get better overnight. I mean, a good night's sleep isn't going to fix crazy. It just sticks around, and from what I can tell, it's metastasizing across the country as people congregate and find kindred spirits on the Internet and in real life. How is that not potentially a much larger problem?

That's your opinion, and you know what they say about those!

Not all speech is protected under the Constitution, as Rudy Giuliani will discover hopefully sooner as opposed to later.

Not all speech is protected under the Constitution, as Rudy Giuliani will discover hopefully sooner as opposed to later.

I'm sorry, but where did you study law? You apparently have a GED-level understanding.

I'm sorry, but where did you study law? You apparently have a GED-level understanding.

Perhaps you should read a book. Slander is not protected speech. Libel is not protected speech. Disturbing the peace is not protected speech. Defamation is not protected speech. And in the parlance of our time, Incitement to violence is not protected speech.

Perhaps you should read a book. Slander is not protected speech. Libel is not protected speech. Disturbing the peace is not protected speech. Defamation is not protected speech. And in the parlance of our time, Incitement to violence is not protected speech.

So, which of these was this?

"None of the above" would be the correct answer.

FYI, I taught the subject. Did you?

yes it is,,,

people lie and slander everyday and nothing happens to them,,

Maybe we should put them all in camps. You know, "for their own good".

So don't visit, genius. There are LOTS of cities I wouldn't set foot in unless forced at gunpoint and that includes Portland, Berkeley, Seattle, San Francisco for example.

Ironically Sequim is one of those cities because my ex-wife's relatives live there and they have, or had, the town's biggest dining hangout there. After a Google search I see it's no longer in business,
another covid victim probably.

yes it is,,,

people lie and slander everyday and nothing happens to them,,

I'm well aware that people lie all the time. However, it's not necessarily true that nothing happens. Legal action is admittedly rare, but people end up losing relationships, friendships, jobs and business relationships, not to mention their reputations if and when they lie and it's discovered. Then they slink away and try to rebuild their lives, hopefully chastened by the experience.

Forum List

Back