Nurse Ratched - a Lesbian Fairy Tale

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I have recently finished a full viewing of this Netflix series, which is a purported tale of how the evil Nurse Ratched came to be in the powerful position she held at the time of the story, "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest." (It didn't really do that, but I digress...)

This series has gotten good reviews from the usual reviewers, and in this age of dreadful network programming, I found it entertaining enough to spend the time watching it. I was disappointed to note that although watchers were warned of the presence of "nudity" in the program, that "nudity" was nothing more than the occasional shot of a man's ass. ???

But one aspect of the show has been ignored by the reviewing Media (from what I've seen). The story is basically about Lesbians and their relationships, and, looking deeper, most of the actresses appear to be lesbians in their own lives. Also, predictably, essentially all of the men in the entire miniseries are either sociopaths, retards, or otherwise disgusting.

So if you have any dyke friends, let them know that this is their "Wizard of Oz."

I dated a former, at the time, lesbian for several years- it was a neat experience dating a girl who liked girls as much as I did- :p

I watched a few shows & thought it was lame.

If you want an exciting, beautiful, funny woman having to standup for herself, I would suggest The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

I dated a former, at the time, lesbian for several years- it was a neat experience dating a girl who liked girls as much as I did- :p
I would be suspicious of dating a woman who preferred women Over me. I think she was trying to tell you something. Especially if, she seemed to be a lesbian only while you were dating her.

I have recently finished a full viewing of this Netflix series, which is a purported tale of how the evil Nurse Ratched came to be in the powerful position she held at the time of the story, "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest." (It didn't really do that, but I digress...)

This series has gotten good reviews from the usual reviewers, and in this age of dreadful network programming, I found it entertaining enough to spend the time watching it. I was disappointed to note that although watchers were warned of the presence of "nudity" in the program, that "nudity" was nothing more than the occasional shot of a man's ass. ???

But one aspect of the show has been ignored by the reviewing Media (from what I've seen). The story is basically about Lesbians and their relationships, and, looking deeper, most of the actresses appear to be lesbians in their own lives. Also, predictably, essentially all of the men in the entire miniseries are either sociopaths, retards, or otherwise disgusting.

So if you have any dyke friends, let them know that this is their "Wizard of Oz."
So, what do lesbians look like ?

I would be suspicious of dating a woman who preferred women Over me. I think she was trying to tell you something. Especially if, she seemed to be a lesbian only while you were dating her.
Prior to = former- learn reading comprehension.

I watched Mrs. Maisel. First two seasons were OK, then the writers ran out of ideas. As usual.

TANGENT ALERT: For the large number of women who are casually or part-time Lesbians (e.g., actress Anne Heche), is their status an immutable orientation or a preference at any given time? Just wondering.

Forum List

Back