Nunes' lawsuit against Maddow and MSNBC moves forward

This is what we need in Western journalism .....people being held accountable for their lives.
It's too bad Nunes can't sue Maddow personally. It would be very fitting if he were awarded a big chunk of her $30 million dollar a year salary.

People love to use the threat and nuisance of these lawsuits to prevent people from speaking freely about them.

It’s absolutely a disrespect of the freedom of speech.
You do realize, don't you, that free speech applies to the government trying to squash political speech, right? It doesn't apply to private individuals suing because someone defamed them.

You do realize, don't you, that free speech applies to the government trying to squash political speech, right? It doesn't apply to private individuals suing because someone defamed them.
The judicial system (where these lawsuits are managed) is the government.

The judicial system (where these lawsuits are managed) is the government.
And the First Amendment specifically states that CONGRESS can't write legislation denying free speech. It says nothing about suing for defamation or slander. In fact, courts routinely close proceedings, thus preventing outsiders from hearing anything about the case.

He can’t prove actual malice.

But he filed the lawsuit in Texas where the courts don’t care about standards anymore so it’s anyone’s guess what happens next.
That's what the trial is for idiot. I didn't know Manhattan was in Texas, you know where he filed the suit. You are a low iq low information clown. 🃏

That's what the trial is for idiot. I didn't know Manhattan was in Texas, you know where he filed the suit. You are a low iq low information clown. 🃏
My mistake. I misread an article.

This is the guy that sued Twitter over an account labeled Devin Nunes’ cow.

Of note, two of three of his allegations were tossed.

Forum List

Back