Numb to horror: Women walk past headless corpses in the street without raising an eyebrow in shockin

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I guess when you see so much of this, you just try to ignore it like it isn't there. Hopefully none of us will have to experience this in our lifetime.

Numb to horror: Women walk past headless corpses in the street without raising an eyebrow in shocking video depicting life under ISIS rule
  • WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT IN THE BELOW IMAGES AND VIDEO
  • Footage filmed in Raqqa shows decapitated corpses scattered in street
  • Syrian soldiers' heads have been impaled on spikes as a message to civilians
  • Civilians walk past scenes of unimaginable horror seemingly unaffected
By JENNIFER SMITH FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 13:46 EST, 24 October 2014 | UPDATED: 15:38 EST, 24 October 2014

For months its brutality has been documented in propaganda designed to frighten the world into considering its terrorist cause.

But footage of life under the rule of ISIS has revealed the lasting effects of the group's barbarity, with women and children strolling past the decapitated bodies of Syrian soldiers in the city of Raqqa without giving them a second glance.

Unaffected by the sight of the decaying corpses, civilians do not even acknowledge the men's impaled heads positioned on fences across the city which has become a recruiting hub for extremists.

Read more:

Numb to horror Women walk past headless corpses in the street without raising an eyebrow in shocking video depicting life under ISIS rule Daily Mail Online

I guess when you see so much of this, you just try to ignore it like it isn't there. Hopefully none of us will have to experience this in our lifetime.

Numb to horror: Women walk past headless corpses in the street without raising an eyebrow in shocking video depicting life under ISIS rule

For months its brutality has been documented in propaganda designed to frighten the world into considering its terrorist cause.

But footage of life under the rule of ISIS has revealed the lasting effects of the group's barbarity, with women and children strolling past the decapitated bodies of Syrian soldiers in the city of Raqqa without giving them a second glance.

Unaffected by the sight of the decaying corpses, civilians do not even acknowledge the men's impaled heads positioned on fences across the city which has become a recruiting hub for extremists.

Read more:

Numb to horror Women walk past headless corpses in the street without raising an eyebrow in shocking video depicting life under ISIS rule Daily Mail Online
They probably don't dare remark in any way or be next.

Read more:

They probably don't dare remark in any way or be next.

Agreed.

To the extent that there may be a genuine numb, it's inevitable to become somewhat desensitized when constantly surrounded by death and depravity and destruction. The soul loses something.

It's the same thing the gun cultists who want to arm teachers and everybody over age four are trying to do.

Read more:

Sadly after you see enough death you do become numb. It becomes common place. You are not shocked. You don't feel. Even decades later I am not horrified by war. I can't go to creepy movies and hide from fireworks out of reflex, but the real death don't repulse me. The smell of death, decay, does cling to clothes, hair and inside the nose. Lemons help.
Bugs are a different matter.

Islamist videos don't shock me, I seen too many massacres. An evil clown is another matter.

Read more:

Sadly after you see enough death you do become numb. It becomes common place. You are not shocked. You don't feel. Even decades later I am not horrified by war. I can't go to creepy movies and hide from fireworks out of reflex, but the real death don't repulse me. The smell of death, decay, does cling to clothes, hair and inside the nose. Lemons help.

Islamist videos don't shock me, I seen too many massacres. An evil clown is another matter.

Yes, Aris, I forgot what you went through. Of all the women on this forum, only you have had the experience to see death all around you, and the memories of this must haunt you when you least expect it.

Read more:

What cowards to pixel out the truth.

No wonder Islam despises the West.

Read more:

Yes, Aris, I forgot what you went through. Of all the women on this forum, only you have had the experience to see death all around you, and the memories of this must haunt you when you least expect it.

A video, in the safety of your own home is not like the real thing. A sight one or twice is not like seeing the blood thirst on a daily basis.
Playing a video game with guns and tanks is not like the sights, sounds, smells and feel of real combat.

Forum List

Back