Nullification is a check on unconstutional federal laws

Game not over.

The people have all the rights, up to and including the nullification of bad laws foisted upon them by congressional tyrants.

The jury = 4th branch of de jure government.

Yes - you are correct, in theory. In actual practice, however, it rarely (and I mean rarely) works that way. I have never seen a jury vote guilty or not guilty in order to "nullify" a law they don't like, even though the facts of the case are totally contrary to their verdict. Never.

You must not have seen the OJ murder case.

OJ was as guilty as guilty could be. The prosecution, inept and bumbling and the judge, a bad joke on the criminal justice system, combined, couldn't counter-balance the facts. The facts were quite clear. Yet the jury nullified the law as it applied to OJ for obviously race-based reasons.
I don't believe the OJ jury nullified or even suspended the murder law, in the traditional sense of nullification...I believe that they were purposefully screened for low IQ and gullibility.

Likewise, the prosecution was horribly inept....A shining example of why plaintiffs should have the option of hiring their own teams of crack prosecutors.

Game not over.

The people have all the rights, up to and including the nullification of bad laws foisted upon them by congressional tyrants.

Yes - you are correct, in theory. In actual practice, however, it rarely (and I mean rarely) works that way. I have never seen a jury vote guilty or not guilty in order to "nullify" a law they don't like, even though the facts of the case are totally contrary to their verdict. Never.
Google "Laura Kriho", and get an education.

People can't elect tyrants?

Huey Long?...Hugo Chavez?...Dare I mention....Hitler?

What rock have you been living under?

Huey Long and Hilter in the same list? You're a worthless POS.

9,700 miles of roads and highways and 111 bridges

taxpayer funded books and buses for children of both public and private schools

Nearly half of the state's 240,000 illiterate adults became literate under Long.

Tripled enrollment at LSU and built dormitories - in the shape of a football stadium - getting the taxpayers two buildings for one.

Doubled the size of the overloaded Charity Hospital, reducing the death rate by 30% - the expansion of the roads also helped the state's health care position, as the state's massive rural population could now more easily travel to obtain health care.

AND ZERO GENOCIDES

Not a very good comparison

I could go on.

Long was a tyrant, plain and simple...From the same mold as the despotic crook Richard Daily...That they weren't as virulent and malignant as Hitler is irrelevant.

But I'm not the one here who is blinded by inconsequential regional and political party loyalties and biases, as you are.

People can't elect tyrants?

Huey Long?...Hugo Chavez?...Dare I mention....Hitler?

What rock have you been living under?

Huey Long and Hilter in the same list? You're a worthless POS.

Nearly half of the state's 240,000 illiterate adults became literate under Long.

Tripled enrollment at LSU and built dormitories - in the shape of a football stadium - getting the taxpayers two buildings for one.

Doubled the size of the overloaded Charity Hospital, reducing the death rate by 30% - the expansion of the roads also helped the state's health care position, as the state's massive rural population could now more easily travel to obtain health care.

AND ZERO GENOCIDES

Not a very good comparison

I could go on.

The funds to pay for all that largess had to be removed from somebody's pocket, with the threat of the use of governmental force as the leverage.

Mussolini made the trains run on time, too.

Game not over.

You must not have seen the OJ murder case.

OJ was as guilty as guilty could be. The prosecution, inept and bumbling and the judge, a bad joke on the criminal justice system, combined, couldn't counter-balance the facts. The facts were quite clear. Yet the jury nullified the law as it applied to OJ for obviously race-based reasons.

You are correct. However, there is a difference between nullification of a law and nullification of a law as applied. What I was discussing with Dude was the concept of nullification of a law. What you are discussing is nullification of a law as applied.

The law involved in the Simpson case was the law of murder. I'm sure that no member of the Simpson jury had any quarrel with the law of murder. What they had a quarrel with was, as you say, inept prosecution - however I think they were angrier with the police work involved than the actual proscution of the case by the DA's office.

Long was a tyrant, plain and simple...From the same mold as the despotic crook Richard Daily...That they weren't as virulent and malignant as Hitler is irrelevant.

But I'm not the one here who is blinded by inconsequential regional and political party loyalties and biases, as you are.

You can't even back up your assertions with evidence.

The funds to pay for all that largess had to be removed from somebody's pocket, with the threat of the use of governmental force as the leverage.

And? Are you quite simply just against taxation - period? Or do you think taxation should be voluntary? Or do you just want Louisiana to not have any paved roads? Or are you stupid?

I have your posts to show that you're a political party man hack...What more evidence does one need?

I have your posts to show that you're a political party man hack...What more evidence does one need?

And you're just a whiner....

Whatever, you fuzzy little ferriner. :lol::lol::lol:

BTW, do you have anything intelligible to say about the American concept of jury nullification, or are you just here to troll?

Spoke about it at length to another poster about five years ago on another board. A bloke from Ohio. Very much like you in that a very stringent believer in the concept. Ranted and raved about it over a two year period on and off. Said on more than a couple of occasions that if he got called up for jury service he'd mention it to the judge. Blow me down if he didn't get called up. When he got back I asked him what he said to the judge. "About what?" he said. "Jury nullification" I said. Zip, nada, nothing....all talk. About sums it up.....

Silly op. The Constitution guarantees against nullification.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back