NPR goes FULL SPIN mode after editor blows the whistle on Democrat-packed propaganda organization

My wife listens to NPR and everytime I use her car, it's on that station, and there is always some leftwing kook piece. A couple of weeks ago, it was about a heterosexual man date where a guy matched up married guys to find each other a bud to hang out with. I mean, who does that, besides nobody. Married guys have their wives and family and job and chores. They don't have time for matchmaking for guy friends. It was the gayest sounding thing I've ever heard.

The day before that, it was about the EPA electric car mandate fully kicking in by 2032. Rather than questioning such heavy handedness (which hopefully will be negated by SCOTUS) the host and guest were celebrating this outrageous mandate.

According to those who worked there, it is.

Tell us, why can't it stand on it's own? Why should taxpayers be paying for it, Simp?

Be specific.
I listen everyday to KCRW and KCLU which survive on donations by listeners. That money goes to pay NPR for that programming... simp.

I listen everyday to KCRW and KCLU which survive on donations by listeners. That money goes to pay NPR for that programming... simp.
Public radio only mentions private donations in their fundraising pitches. They don't bring up their massive government funding.

Accusations of biased coverage at NPR were leveled by a senior business editor who ignited a wave of backlash against the left-leaning public radio broadcaster.

Award-winning journalist Uri Berliner blew the whistle on his own employer in a blistering essay for the Free Press published Tuesday which called out the outlet’s lack of “viewpoint diversity” as well as the glaring disparity in the number of Democrats and Republicans in the newsroom.

“So on May 3, 2021, I presented the findings at an all-hands editorial staff meeting. When I suggested we had a diversity problem with a score of 87 Democrats and zero Republicans, the response wasn’t hostile. It was worse,” Berliner wrote.

“An open-minded spirit no longer exists within NPR, and now, predictably, we don’t have an audience that reflects America,” he added. “That wouldn’t be a problem for an openly polemical news outlet serving a niche audience. But for NPR, which purports to consider all things, it’s devastating both for its journalism and its business model.”

BJ
NPR is as left wing fringe as any outlet.
They spend a little more effort ( thanks to public funding) than some of the others, but they are hard core loons.

Libs need an 87-0 starting advantage to have a chance at winning

NPR should have been defunded a decade ago but RINOs were not having any of it.

Here's a interesting article on how NPR gets funding.

Disregard the "old news" in the first couple paragraphs.

You guys have Fox, Newsmax, OANN, and the entire Sinclair Network of stations. So stop whining about NPR.

None of those are funded with taxpayer dollars.

Here are some institutions funded by taxpayer dollars that promote and vote for democrats:

NPR
All teachers unions
Federal government unions
State government unions
99% of private sector unions
The vast majority of colleges and their students.
The vast majority of .orgs

Here are some media sources that are shills for the dems:

ABC
NBC
CBS
MSNBC
CNN
THE Weather Channel.
Disney
National Geographic
New York Times
99% of newspapers in every blue city
All ABC NBC CBS local affiliates

The democrats start with this every election and still manage to lose
This proves how pathetic the leftist ideology is.

NPR was actually relevant and even entertaining in the late 70's and 80's but has slid into a leftist choir after that and I haven't listened to it probably since 1985 or so it was so slanted then. You need some balance to try and figure out what's going on, but the crap they put out can be had on any of the public channels. It is sad because they once filled a definite niche, but now they are just one of the herd, I guess some money changed hands.
NPR used to be a tremendous outlet of fine journalism. It is a government funded propaganda outlet. Similar to RT news or press TV from Iran.

How many tax dollars going to those entities, Moron?

Zero sound about right? Ok, Zero for NPR. You good with that?
I DGAD. Private media gets help from the government.

Government subsidies to save local news​

The government has always subsidized local news. Most American media is not supported by direct government funds — NPR and PBS excluded, though they only receive $1.35 per capita — but private media still benefit from special treatment by the government. In the words of the late political communication scholar Timothy Cook, “At any stage in American history, the production of news was centrally aided and abetted by political and governmental policies and practices.”

Politicians and government agencies regularly grant the media tax breaks and exempt them from some categories of labor laws and interstate commerce restrictions. From the creation of the Capitol Press Gallery in 1879, when Congress allowed journalists space in the capitol and the ability to elect their own officers, to the rapid growth in the 20th century of communications offices that subsidize information-gathering for journalists, government has always lent a hand when local news needed it.

My wife listens to NPR and everytime I use her car, it's on that station, and there is always some leftwing kook piece. A couple of weeks ago, it was about a heterosexual man date where a guy matched up married guys to find each other a bud to hang out with. I mean, who does that, besides nobody. Married guys have their wives and family and job and chores. They don't have time for matchmaking for guy friends. It was the gayest sounding thing I've ever heard.

The day before that, it was about the EPA electric car mandate fully kicking in by 2032. Rather than questioning such heavy handedness (which hopefully will be negated by SCOTUS) the host and guest were celebrating this outrageous mandate.
That’s just scratching the surface. They have entire segments dedicated to anti-American hatred.

They have your typical Starbucks sipping woke left-wing, radicalized feminist hosts who denigrate American history.

Thankfully wokeness is on the way out. There has been a surge in Americans going to alternative media outlets. We have had enough of left-wing fanaticism.

Here are some institutions funded by taxpayer dollars that promote and vote for democrats:

NPR
All teachers unions
State government unions

ABC
NBC
CBS
MSNBC
CNN
THE Weather Channel.
Disney
National Geographic
New York Times

You're wrong about most of those sources.

The Sinclair Group owns most local ABC/NBC/CBS local affiliates and they are not liberals.

NPR
All teachers unions
State government unions

ABC
NBC
CBS
MSNBC
CNN
THE Weather Channel.
Disney
National Geographic
New York Times

Fox is funded by who?

Forum List

Back