Now Paul Kantner has died

Holy shit, someone please turn off the dead rock star spigot !

Paul Kantner, Jefferson Airplane Co-Founder & Guitarist, Dies at 74

efferson Airplane guitarist, vocalist and co-founding member Paul Kantner has died. He was 74.

Kantner died Thursday (Jan. 28) of multiple organ failure. He had suffered a heart attack earlier in the week. Kantner’s publicist confirmed the news with the San Francisco Chronicle.

From 1965-1972, Jefferson Airplane was a pioneer in the Bay Area counterculture psychedelic rock scene, first defining what became known as the “San Francisco sound.”

The band’s second album, Surrealistic Pillow, from 1967 hit No. 3 on the Billboard 200 with the help of singles "Somebody to Love" and “White Rabbit." The band performed at the 1960s’ three most famous American rock festivals – Monterey in 1967 and Woodstock and Altamont in 1969.

Kantner is the first of Jefferson Airplane's founding members to have passed away. He was also a founding member of the group’s spinoff band, Jefferson Starship. which took off in 1974.

Are you sure he was not the original founder of Jefferson Starship also?

Yeah, pretty much. He, Slick, and Balin were all still together at that time.
Yeah, I still have the first album....

Red Octupus ?
Yep, but my I did let my oldest son(31) have half my albums and the old Pioneer turn table..

I work as a teen in a dance hall , the owners (Mell) house was behind it..

Jefferson Starship was the band playing that evening and most of the night they were in Mell's house getting wasted on some heavy drugs..lol ...

I worked the hotdog stand..Awesome band!

Jefferson Starship was the band playing that evening and most of the night they were in Mell's house getting wasted on some heavy drugs..lol ...

What kind of heavy drugs....Most don't weigh much...unless it's a kilo...

They were higher than shit :alcoholic: ... Fun job back then.

They were higher than shit ... Fun job back then.
Yep, I was into running lights and sound back then for bands and stage performances...You got paid in drugs, booze and pussy unless you like panoche..........

paul_kantner.jpg
AirplaneSepia2.jpg

Funny how the kids back then who couldn't distinguish between entertainment and the endorsement of prolific drug abuse grew up to be ignorant adults who can't distinguish between liberal politics and the endorsement of prolific drug abuse.

74 is not that old anymore. Drugs do that to a person. Kills them early.

>> When Kantner suffered a cerebral hemorrhage in 1980, his attending physician at Cedars-Sinai, Stephen Levy, was quick to point out it was not a drug-related issue, saying: "There is zero relationship between Paul's illness and drugs. He doesn't use drugs."[47] << (Wiki)

For Katz, every day is the Feast of the Assumption.
That's what all the doctors say!

Yep, I was into running lights and sound back then for bands and stage performances...You got paid in drugs, booze and pussy unless you like panoche..........

What bands did you work for?

What bands did you work for?
Not any big headliners, mostly were all cover bands like Van Halen.........the stage performances were for theater productions..

As long as they die. A druggie death isn't to be consoled but celebrated. The younger the better.

Holy shit, someone please turn off the dead rock star spigot !

Red Octupus ?
Yep, but my I did let my oldest son(31) have half my albums and the old Pioneer turn table..

I still have my old Marantz.

Grace was addicted to heroin in the late '60's into the '70's. In the '80's she was addicted to Champagne.

Red Octupus ?

I still have my old Marantz.
I just use You Tube, that way I don't have to get up and turn the record over.....

Forum List

Back