Now Cafferty/CNN Why didn't the President tell the truth about Benghazi

The president has never stopped campaigning and it's clear he is more comfortable in front of a friendly audience than doing his freaking job. There they were in the situation room, president Hussein and America's crazy uncle Joe Biden discussing how they could get out of the foreign policy mess while the Ambassador was being murdered and three others including two Veteran Navy Seals were dying trying to protect him. The president went to bed that night knowing that a small part of the US had been overrun and four brave people died while he didn't lift a finger to help them.

I actually disagree Blue. There is more to this. Much more.

If Obama wanted to be seen as tough on terrorism, he would have sent some bombers or something in to take out the terrorists sometime during the 7 hours they were supposedly conducting the attack. He could have looked tough on terrorism, looked Presidential. He would like be winning now if he did.

But he didn't. Moreover, he went out and had his administration delibrately lie and try to cover it up.

My guess is because he was trying to:

1) Avoid the media questioning where the terrorists got their weapons.
2) He is pushing this Political correctness in the UN to make it illegal to criticize Islam for some odd reason.

Either way, there is more to it and I think he miscalculated.

Yeah, this just isn't making sense, and the possibility of a big miscalculation keeps sticking out. Obama's apologists will continue trying to sweep this under the carpet, or at least run out the clock for the election, but something doesn't smell right. Could it be something as simple as a dumb miscalculation?

When the details of story don't make sense, it's usually because we don't have all the details. :eusa_whistle:

I'm beginning to think there may be something to the suggestion that there may have been a gun-running operation going on there.

The official position is that the US has refused to allow heavy weapons into Syria.

But there's growing evidence that U.S. agents—particularly murdered ambassador Chris Stevens—were at least aware of heavy weapons moving from Libya to jihadist Syrian rebels.

In March 2011 Stevens became the official U.S. liaison to the al-Qaeda-linked Libyan opposition, working directly with Abdelhakim Belhadj of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group—a group that has now disbanded, with some fighters reportedly participating in the attack that took Stevens' life.

Read more: How US Ambassador Chris Stevens May Have Been Linked To Jihadist Rebels In Syria - Business Insider

It would explain both why the administration was so quick to point to the video as a reason for the attack and why they might have not wanted too many people on the ground there. If you had something nefarious going on that you didn't want people to know about, you'd naturally limit the number of people who had the potential to find out. There's some discussion that Hillary tried to send more security before the attack and that it never arrived.
Ed Klein: Bill Clinton ‘Urging’ Hillary to Release Benghazi Documents That Would ‘Exonerate’ Her | Video | TheBlaze.com

Unfortunately, I don't think there's really time to uncover the whole truth before the election, not unless a whistleblower steps forward. Whatever it was that Obama was covering up isn't likely to come out soon enough. That said, it WILL come out eventually, and should Obama be reelected, he could face impeachment with removal depending on how bad it is... leaving us in the hands of Laughin' Joe Biden. :eek:

How sad is it that the BEST case scenario turns out to be incompetence? I mean, it could be simply that he didn't want to deal with a 9/11 attack on his record so close to the election. But if so, that's coming out too in a matter of time.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back