nothing is wrong with the black man

Dec 29, 2016
The situation of the negro, the dark-skinned man, originating in Africa characterized by poverty and social difficulties seemingly in all his societies has prompted many to ask if there is something wrong with the black man. There is nothing wrong with the black man. For his situation is not unique. It could be asked: What is wrong with Native Americans? What is wrong Native Australians? The problem of aboriginal peoples, even those dwelling in affluent countries has been so uniformly systematic that it has prompted action by the United Nations. Problems of high unemployment, drug addiction and sickness. What is wrong with the Arabs? Who sitting on most of the oil wealth in the world continue to fall short of expectations? It is not as though all Caucasian peoples are rich: what is wrong with the millions of poor white people in Russia?

A proper analysis of the trajectory by which the black man came to where he is will resolve the question. The immediate problem of the black man globally is poverty. In Haiti, Jamaica, USA, Africa and elsewhere. This poverty is caused by a grave lack of intellectual capital. Correct scientific knowledge that underlies the modern way of life. The white man of Western Europe has this intellectual wealth in great abundance, and for a period almost monopolistically. So they exchanged mere mirrors for human beings, trading Africans, trinkets for things of real value. Even today the military attires of conquest armies with bright buttons and stripes remain a cultural dress for many Amerindians. Just like the hat and white singlet of many coastal Africans copy white men.

The black man lacks useful knowledge, such as required to make things , treat diseases and solve the problems of human living simply because he came late to the game, very late! Everybody else came late, even many a white group. Thus Africans export raw materials to buy back finished products. Crude oil to import gasoline, iron ore to import steel etc. The secrets of modern living are held by the white men of Western Europe, even as patents. Think of the struggle to get HIV medicines to patients in the developing world. These compounds, very cheap to make, were put beyond the reach of HIV patients in the developing world by white men who discovered them. Africans perish for lack of knowledge. They have been learning correct knowledge for a hundred years when the white man of Western Europe has been at it since Greece, for two thousand years. Not as though all white men were always wise. Far from it, pre-colonial Britain had much in common with villages in pre-colonial congo.

In America black poverty is maintained by the high cost of college education. Black people cannot aspire to go college. Descending from freed slaves they have no links to heritage assets of the country, a floating rootless people living '' on rent''. African Americans started poor and cannot rise because the ladder of college is beyond their reach. Stuck in poverty, the value for education significantly degraded in their culture, in fact a reverse culture that spites education has developed as alternative means of upward mobility like sports, music and drug dealing emerged. But these routes can only accommodate a few. The rest that are left out began celebrating ''being down''-the expansion of the reverse culture. Poverty plus the easy access to fire arms is the cause of the black crime culture. All of this can be defused by socializing college education as is the case in continental Europe.

Poverty breeds corruption. Everybody wants the good life. As Africans on the continent and in the diaspora cannot afford it, there is a greater likelihood to adopt unconventional means. There is undoubtedly an outlaw culture among black youth in Europe and America. These boys have no jobs, but must wear clothes, drive cars so they resort to crime. They have no jobs because they lack marketable skills, they lack knowledge. There is a vicious cultural cycle at play.

On the continent political leaders coming across huge funds see a rare opportunity to escape poverty. They steal and steal and stash and stash. Until recently Western countries turned a blind eye to this. White men were and still are accomplices in these crimes. Indeed white men prowl Africa seeking opportunities for corruption.

The modern way of life is the white man's way of life. His cars, houses, medicines, almost everything. Everybody but the white man is new to it. The modern state is the white man's contraption. African's are not practiced in it and are only beginning to master the ropes. Compounding is the irrational fashion in which African countries were created mixing the immiscible. Large nations bigger than many a European tribe bundled together. In the end competing with each other rather than cooperating. The result of which in many cases have been civil strife. Many of these peoples would have fared a lot better in countries of their own. Tribalism surely has a price.

All in all Africans on the continent are making progress. Ever more Africans are acquiring higher education. Scientific method is developing in public culture. Public debate is vibrant, facilitated by social media. Africans are attaining full expertise in different fields, democracy is taking ground. Entrepreneurship and private industry has largely replaced the post-colonial economy of public companies that were highly inefficient. African economies are growing, illiteracy is reducing, the knowledge based economy is taking root. Africans are taking possession of the whiteman's methods. I hope people are not still naive as to remain in denial that the way of the whiteman Western Europe is now the way of the world.

This piece does not suggest that the whiteman of Western Europe is superior to other races or other white people. Far from it. The lot of Western Europe was not much different from the lot of Africa prior to the industrial revolution. Poverty and serfdom was rife, kings ravished the people just like or worse than thieving African leaders( prompting revolutions or outright emasculation of regents), disease outbreaks, squalor in cities, child labour, violence and wars raged. He overcame first by agriculture powered by slavery, then by industrialization powered by quite exploitative labour practices. The black man is in the knowledge acquisition pre-industrialization phase and going forward. So nothing is wrong with the black man. As time will likely prove.

london

A second reason why the black man is flounderingb is that the modern way of

with the growth exaggerrrated poor timegrasp, things fell apart, poverty adjustment, post colonialism knowledge base

Requires an outline and a bibliography of sources. Much is assumption, for instance poverty itself is not a cause, and many minorities in America do quite well. Not clear on what the argument is? I'd like to see the author summarize it in a preface statement. Source info below.

See:
Dog Whistle Politics
Clarity on Racial Politics

"Racism is not about how you look, it is about how people assign meaning to how you look." Robin D.G. Kelley

Reads:
'Democracy in Black: How Race Still Enslaves the American Soul' by Eddie S. Glaude Jr.
'White Trash: The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America' by Nancy Isenberg

And read James Baldwin and 'Invisible Man' by Ralph Ellison

Reparations: The Critique – Reparations, Apologies, And Shattering The Founding Myths Of The United States

"White children, in the main, and whether they are rich or poor, grow up with a grasp of reality so feeble that they can very accurately be described as deluded--about themselves and the world they live in. White people have managed to get through their entire lifetimes in this euphoric state, but black people have not been so lucky: a black man who sees the world the way John Wayne, for example, sees it would not be an eccentric patriot, but a raving maniac." James Baldwin

"I am an invisible man. I am a man of substance, of flesh and bone, fiber and liquids - and I might even be said to possess a mind. I am invisible, understand, simply because people refuse to see me." Ralph Ellison

"I was never more hated than when I tried to be honest. Or when, even as just now I've tried to articulate exactly what I felt to be the truth. No one was satisfied." Ralph Ellison

The situation of the negro, the dark-skinned man, originating in Africa characterized by poverty and social difficulties seemingly in all his societies has prompted many to ask if there is something wrong with the black man. There is nothing wrong with the black man. For his situation is not unique. It could be asked: What is wrong with Native Americans? What is wrong Native Australians? The problem of aboriginal peoples, even those dwelling in affluent countries has been so uniformly systematic that it has prompted action by the United Nations. Problems of high unemployment, drug addiction and sickness. What is wrong with the Arabs? Who sitting on most of the oil wealth in the world continue to fall short of expectations? It is not as though all Caucasian peoples are rich: what is wrong with the millions of poor white people in Russia?

A proper analysis of the trajectory by which the black man came to where he is will resolve the question. The immediate problem of the black man globally is poverty. In Haiti, Jamaica, USA, Africa and elsewhere. This poverty is caused by a grave lack of intellectual capital. Correct scientific knowledge that underlies the modern way of life. The white man of Western Europe has this intellectual wealth in great abundance, and for a period almost monopolistically. So they exchanged mere mirrors for human beings, trading Africans, trinkets for things of real value. Even today the military attires of conquest armies with bright buttons and stripes remain a cultural dress for many Amerindians. Just like the hat and white singlet of many coastal Africans copy white men.

The black man lacks useful knowledge, such as required to make things , treat diseases and solve the problems of human living simply because he came late to the game, very late! Everybody else came late, even many a white group. Thus Africans export raw materials to buy back finished products. Crude oil to import gasoline, iron ore to import steel etc. The secrets of modern living are held by the white men of Western Europe, even as patents. Think of the struggle to get HIV medicines to patients in the developing world. These compounds, very cheap to make, were put beyond the reach of HIV patients in the developing world by white men who discovered them. Africans perish for lack of knowledge. They have been learning correct knowledge for a hundred years when the white man of Western Europe has been at it since Greece, for two thousand years. Not as though all white men were always wise. Far from it, pre-colonial Britain had much in common with villages in pre-colonial congo.

In America black poverty is maintained by the high cost of college education. Black people cannot aspire to go college. Descending from freed slaves they have no links to heritage assets of the country, a floating rootless people living '' on rent''. African Americans started poor and cannot rise because the ladder of college is beyond their reach. Stuck in poverty, the value for education significantly degraded in their culture, in fact a reverse culture that spites education has developed as alternative means of upward mobility like sports, music and drug dealing emerged. But these routes can only accommodate a few. The rest that are left out began celebrating ''being down''-the expansion of the reverse culture. Poverty plus the easy access to fire arms is the cause of the black crime culture. All of this can be defused by socializing college education as is the case in continental Europe.

Poverty breeds corruption. Everybody wants the good life. As Africans on the continent and in the diaspora cannot afford it, there is a greater likelihood to adopt unconventional means. There is undoubtedly an outlaw culture among black youth in Europe and America. These boys have no jobs, but must wear clothes, drive cars so they resort to crime. They have no jobs because they lack marketable skills, they lack knowledge. There is a vicious cultural cycle at play.

On the continent political leaders coming across huge funds see a rare opportunity to escape poverty. They steal and steal and stash and stash. Until recently Western countries turned a blind eye to this. White men were and still are accomplices in these crimes. Indeed white men prowl Africa seeking opportunities for corruption.

The modern way of life is the white man's way of life. His cars, houses, medicines, almost everything. Everybody but the white man is new to it. The modern state is the white man's contraption. African's are not practiced in it and are only beginning to master the ropes. Compounding is the irrational fashion in which African countries were created mixing the immiscible. Large nations bigger than many a European tribe bundled together. In the end competing with each other rather than cooperating. The result of which in many cases have been civil strife. Many of these peoples would have fared a lot better in countries of their own. Tribalism surely has a price.

All in all Africans on the continent are making progress. Ever more Africans are acquiring higher education. Scientific method is developing in public culture. Public debate is vibrant, facilitated by social media. Africans are attaining full expertise in different fields, democracy is taking ground. Entrepreneurship and private industry has largely replaced the post-colonial economy of public companies that were highly inefficient. African economies are growing, illiteracy is reducing, the knowledge based economy is taking root. Africans are taking possession of the whiteman's methods. I hope people are not still naive as to remain in denial that the way of the whiteman Western Europe is now the way of the world.

This piece does not suggest that the whiteman of Western Europe is superior to other races or other white people. Far from it. The lot of Western Europe was not much different from the lot of Africa prior to the industrial revolution. Poverty and serfdom was rife, kings ravished the people just like or worse than thieving African leaders( prompting revolutions or outright emasculation of regents), disease outbreaks, squalor in cities, child labour, violence and wars raged. He overcame first by agriculture powered by slavery, then by industrialization powered by quite exploitative labour practices. The black man is in the knowledge acquisition pre-industrialization phase and going forward. So nothing is wrong with the black man. As time will likely prove.

london

A second reason why the black man is flounderingb is that the modern way of

with the growth exaggerrrated poor timegrasp, things fell apart, poverty adjustment, post colonialism knowledge base
spam bot rant.

Ignore list.

I w
Requires an outline and a bibliography of sources. Much is assumption, for instance poverty itself is not a cause, and many minorities in America do quite well. Not clear on what the argument is? I'd like to see the author summarize it in a preface statement. Source info below.

See:
Dog Whistle Politics
Clarity on Racial Politics

"Racism is not about how you look, it is about how people assign meaning to how you look." Robin D.G. Kelley

Reads:
'Democracy in Black: How Race Still Enslaves the American Soul' by Eddie S. Glaude Jr.
'White Trash: The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America' by Nancy Isenberg

And read James Baldwin and 'Invisible Man' by Ralph Ellison

Reparations: The Critique – Reparations, Apologies, And Shattering The Founding Myths Of The United States

"White children, in the main, and whether they are rich or poor, grow up with a grasp of reality so feeble that they can very accurately be described as deluded--about themselves and the world they live in. White people have managed to get through their entire lifetimes in this euphoric state, but black people have not been so lucky: a black man who sees the world the way John Wayne, for example, sees it would not be an eccentric patriot, but a raving maniac." James Baldwin

"I am an invisible man. I am a man of substance, of flesh and bone, fiber and liquids - and I might even be said to possess a mind. I am invisible, understand, simply because people refuse to see me." Ralph Ellison

"I was never more hated than when I tried to be honest. Or when, even as just now I've tried to articulate exactly what I felt to be the truth. No one was satisfied." Ralph Ellison[/QUOTE
Thanks for your response. It is not an assumption that African Americans have worse bio- and social statistics than white and even Asian Americans. Haiti( populated) by mostly blacks is the poorest country in the Western hemisphere. Africa has its problems. There seems to be a pattern. And many have asked if there is something innately wrong with black people. I am arguing that all the problems seen are just features of underdevelopment/poverty. That all nations passed through this phase. But in America the extreme capitalism holds the poor down. And black people, in general, are held down by this. They can't even afford college (talking generally) And education is the surest ladder for upward mobility.

Forum List

Back