Not open to further replies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hang on Sloopy

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2015
When someone creates a thread in current evens. Then someone does the same on Poli. Than another ass hole does 1 in breaking news. What happens??.

Are we supposed to search 5 boards first???..I know we have the new thread detector which seems to be not working. Doing a research project before creating an OP shouldn't be.

Can I make a suggestion? Any thread that does not meet the requirement of that particular board. Or doesn't have a link forgotten by accident or anything. Can't we just send them to the bottom 3 urinals automatically?

So embarrassing to make a small boo boo and see that op comment. Why cant we do that instead of humiliation??

Then you have to pray the thread will be where it started 20 min later?????

My solution is just post OPs in Badlands. Set it and forget it!

Thanky

When someone creates a thread in current evens. Then someone does the same on Poli. Than another ass hole does 1 in breaking news. What happens??.

Are we supposed to search 5 boards first???..I know we have the new thread detector which seems to be not working. Doing a research project before creating an OP shouldn't be.

Can I make a suggestion? Any thread that does not meet the requirement of that particular board. Or doesn't have a link forgotten by accident or anything. Can't we just send them to the bottom 3 urinals automatically?

So embarrassing to make a small boo boo and see that op comment. Why cant we do that instead of humiliation??

Thanky

Sloopy, when you start a thread, just do a search on 1-3 keywords pivotal to your topic. If nothing on the returned list duplicates what you want to talk about, you're almost certainly OK.

• Banned

Thanky

Sloopy, when you start a thread, just do a search on 1-3 keywords pivotal to your topic. If nothing on the returned list duplicates what you want to talk about, you're almost certainly OK.
No. I just post in Badlands. I had enough research in college...lolol

Some threads are worded differently and tricky for various reasons, baiting, sarcasm, (me) whatever

This thread really ain't for me, but yall...lolol

Thanky

Not necessarily. I've done keyword searches before and turned up nothing. Post the new thread. It gets locked with an "already threads on this" message from a mod.

Thanky

Not necessarily. I've done keyword searches before and turned up nothing. Post the new thread. It gets locked with an "already threads on this" message from a mod.

Lemme guess, and then you still didn't do a search and find the new thread. Maybe you need to revise how you do searches or pick keywords! I can't say I've had many if any searches I've done turn up empty that later proved already posted.

Thanky

Between just you and me -- the issue is that USMB mgt and mod staff are all big time hoarders. We never trash ANYTHING.. It's all STILL cluttering our blessed little servers. Even DELETED threads have been in the dumpster for over a decade now.. The only way to fix this is to condemn the place and stage an intervention... I've actually gone back to the FIRST POSTS on USMB and seen them.. Hard to get to and as disappointing as Thomas Edison's 1st phonograph record...

:wink:

The "bottom 3 urinals" or the FZone, Badlands, Rubber Room host some of the BEST threads ever created on USMB.. We respect their place in the ecosystem.. They are there for discussions that have no longer have a topic and cant be moderated, but still serve a purpose.. So flooding them with daily news and events threads from folks who wont search keywords to check duplication would disturb the food chain.

Thanky

Between just you and me -- the issue is that USMB mgt and mod staff are all big time hoarders. We never trash ANYTHING.. It's all STILL cluttering our blessed little servers. Even DELETED threads have been in the dumpster for over a decade now.. The only way to fix this is to condemn the place and stage an intervention... I've actually gone back to the FIRST POSTS on USMB and seen them.. Hard to get to and as disappointing as Thomas Edison's 1st phonograph record...

:wink:

The "bottom 3 urinals" or the FZone, Badlands, Rubber Room host some of the BEST threads ever created on USMB.. We respect their place in the ecosystem.. They are there for discussions that have no longer have a topic and cant be moderated, but still serve a purpose.. So flooding them with daily news and events threads from folks who wont search keywords to check duplication would disturb the food chain.

Every thread, even deleted ones?

I'm pleading the 5th Amendment right now.

:ack-1:

Thanky

Happens to me all the time.

The new feature works for me a lot too, though

Thanky

Lemme guess, and then you still didn't do a search and find the new thread. Maybe you need to revise how you do searches or pick keywords! I can't say I've had many if any searches I've done turn up empty that later proved already posted.
Yippee for you. The last one I recall mentioned a person with a unique, uncommon last name. A search for that name turned up nothing...yet there was a thread on it, posted before mine.

Thanky
This is all you have to worry about?

Thanky
Nope. I've developed a slice on my driver starting late last year. I'm getting the straight shot back, but we play some real bitches where 1 mistake is automatically Double bogie.

Then the above is 2nd

Thanky
Nope. I've developed a slice on my driver starting late last year. I'm getting the straight shot back, but we play some real bitches where 1 mistake is automatically Double bogie.

Then the above is 2nd
Um...ok

Thanky

Then the above is 2nd
Um...ok
Dude. You and I scrapped over something dumb recently....lolol

We've posted before but never an issue. Where are you exactly on the poli spectrum? I'm a Reagan conservative which is a real conservative

Thanky

Yippee for you. The last one I recall mentioned a person with a unique, uncommon last name. A search for that name turned up nothing...yet there was a thread on it, posted before mine.

That's not how you look for keywords. Believe me, the search works pretty well, especially since the last software revision.

Thanky

That's not how you look for keywords. Believe me, the search works pretty well, especially since the last software revision.
I haven't tried to post any threads for a while. Maybe it works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back