“Not My Investigation”: Former FBI General Counsel Shrugs Off Delay in Turning Over Key Text Message

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

20 May 2022 ~~ By Jonathan Turley
“Not My Investigation”: Former FBI General Counsel Shrugs Off Delay in Turning Over Key Text Message
Former FBI General Counsel (and now Twitter lawyer) James Baker has long been a lightning rod for critics over the role of the FBI in pushing false Russian collusion claims. Baker did not help himself with those critics yesterday when he took the stand in the trial of Michael Sussmann, former Clinton campaign counsel. After declaring Sussmann a friend, Baker seemed to shrug off the fact that he previously failed to turn over a critical piece of evidence to Special Counsel John Durham because “this is not my investigation. This is your investigation.”
Sussmann faces a single charge under 18 U.S.C. 1001 for lying to the FBI in a meeting with Baker.
~Snip~
Even if Baker continues to maintain that he did not know that Sussmann was working for Clinton at the time of their meeting, it was clear early in the investigation that Sussmann and his partner at Perkins Coie, Marc Elias, were involved in the allegations of a false campaign-driven Russian collusion allegations.
Baker, however, reportedly shrugged off the question and testified “I’m not out to get Michael and this is not my investigation. This is your investigation. If you ask me a question, I answer it.”
In truth, it is the investigation of the United States Department of Justice, where Baker held a top position.
~Snip~
When he came into possession of information from Sussmann, Baker told Congress, “I wanted to get it out of my hands into the hands of agents as quickly as possible.” That did not appear the standard that he applied to evidence in his possession that was material to Durham investigation of the Clinton campaign.
It is just not Baker’s job. After all, this is not his investigation.

Commentary:
Once again Jonathan Turley has exposed the cabal of those within our Justice system that were willing to believe any allegation about DJT and willing colluded to bring him down.
Yes, Jim Baker is balancing on the sharp edge of truth that can place him alongside Sussman, Elias and possible soon Hillary, Jake Sullivan and John Podesta.

Last edited:
If Trump would stop hiring felons, the police might stop investigating the felons he hires.

Just a thought.
the facts are the left tried to overthrow the 2016 election with real Russian collusion [the fake Steele dossier] lies and spying ! and the only secrete server wasnt in Trump tower but in a basement [Hillary's] ! a true insurrection from the highest echelons of dem power ! that is a fact ! but that doesnt matter to someone like you ! whats a lie and a scandal like this to people that believe in killing babies in the womb ? answer ....nothing .

If Trump would stop hiring felons, the police might stop investigating the felons he hires.

Just a thought.

~~~~~~
But who is on trial here?
Yes! it's Michael Sussman and next Marc Elias both former attorneys for Perkins Coie that have represented Hillary Clinton.
Next domino to fall is Jake Sullivan. Who will be next? Will Robby Mook expose others in this conspiracy?
**********​

the facts are the left tried to overthrow the 2016 election with real Russian collusion [the fake Steele dossier] lies and spying ! and the only secrete server wasnt in Trump tower but in a basement [Hillary's] ! a true insurrection from the highest echelons of dem power ! that is a fact ! but that doesnt matter to someone like you ! whats a lie and a scandal like this to people that believe in killing babies in the womb ? answer ....nothing .
Wow. Could you imagine if any of that were true?

Meanwhile back in reality....

Trump's campaign manger--felon
Tramp's campaign National Security advisor--felon
Trump's senior campaign advisor--felon
Trump's personal attorney--felon

Former FBI General Counsel (and now Twitter lawyer) James Baker has long been a lightning rod for critics over the role of the FBI in pushing false Russian collusion claims. Baker did not help himself with those critics yesterday when he took the stand in the trial of Michael Sussmann, former Clinton campaign counsel. After declaring Sussmann a friend, Baker seemed to shrug off the fact that he previously failed to turn over a critical piece of evidence to Special Counsel John Durham because “this is not my investigation. This is your investigation.”
Sussmann faces a single charge under 18 U.S.C. 1001 for lying to the FBI in a meeting with Baker.
~Snip~
Even if Baker continues to maintain that he did not know that Sussmann was working for Clinton at the time of their meeting, it was clear early in the investigation that Sussmann and his partner at Perkins Coie, Marc Elias, were involved in the allegations of a false campaign-driven Russian collusion allegations.
Baker, however, reportedly shrugged off the question and testified “I’m not out to get Michael and this is not my investigation. This is your investigation. If you ask me a question, I answer it.”
In truth, it is the investigation of the United States Department of Justice, where Baker held a top position.
~Snip~
When he came into possession of information from Sussmann, Baker told Congress, “I wanted to get it out of my hands into the hands of agents as quickly as possible.” That did not appear the standard that he applied to evidence in his possession that was material to Durham investigation of the Clinton campaign.
It is just not Baker’s job. After all, this is not his investigation.

Commentary:
Once again Jonathan Turley has exposed the cabal of those within our Justice system that were willing to believe any allegation about DJT and willing colluded to bring him down.
Yes, Jim Baker is balancing on the sharp edge of truth that can place him alongside Sussman, Elias and possible soon Hillary, Jake Sullivan and John Podesta.
Isn't Obstruction of an investigation grand....

Wow. Could you imagine if any of that were true?

Meanwhile back in reality....

Trump's campaign manger--felon
Tramp's campaign National Security advisor--felon
Trump's senior campaign advisor--felon
Trump's personal attorney--felon
~~~~~~
It's testimony in court that is supposed to be true. Witnesses take an oath to tell the truth and nothing but the truth before testifying.
Are you claiming that James Baker and Robby Mook lied and perjured themselves in their recent testimonies in a court of law?

Last edited:
If Sussman (whomever that is) did something illegal, he should be held accountable.

Btw: Are you going to complain if Biden pardons him as Trump pardoned every felon who worked for him (except Cohen)?
Special Counsel John Durham is prosecuting Michael Sussmann (former Perkins Coie Partner) on charges that Sussmann lied to FBI while providing information about later discredited allegations of communications between the 2016 presidential campaign of former U.S. President Donald Trump and Russia. Michael Sussman was Hillary Clinton’s campaign lawyer.

~~~~~~
It's testimony in court that is supposed to be true. Witnesses take an oath to tell the truth and nothing but the truth before testifying.
Are you claiming that James Baker and Robby Mook lied and perjured themselves in their recent testimonies in a court of law?
I have no idea.

Special Counsel John Durham is prosecuting Michael Sussmann (former Perkins Coie Partner) on charges that Sussmann lied to FBI while providing information about later discredited allegations of communications between the 2016 presidential campaign of former U.S. President Donald Trump and Russia. Michael Sussman was Hillary Clinton’s campaign lawyer.
He worked for a law firm hired by Clinton's campaign. That much is true.

Then why are you ignorantly responding to posts you have no idea about?
I was responding to your OP about some sort of hilarious cabal in the justice system against your blob.

Trump hired people who broke the law. They were prosecuted. That is no cabal..that is police work.

I was responding to your OP about some sort of hilarious cabal in the justice system against your blob.

Trump hired people who broke the law. They were prosecuted. That is no cabal..that is police work.

The shrilary broke the law three times that we know of. Comey and the rest of the swamp refused to indict her.

There is a time coming real soon when we too are going to start ignoring the law, and more importantly, those who have corrupted it.

Then do you believe that a Liberal like Jonathan Turley is part of cabal in the Justice System?

New Topics

Forum List

Back