Not How Elections Work

As millions of Americans returned to their jobs this week after the Thanksgiving holiday, several of the elected leaders of Cochise County, Arizona, opted not to do theirs.

The board of supervisors in this sparsely populated southeastern chunk of the state refuses to certify the county’s midterm-election results. Of course, nothing actually went wrong in Cochise County’s election. Instead, on Monday, the two Republican members of the Cochise County board outvoted its single Democrat to delay certification of the election, missing the deadline. By refusing to complete the process, these two officials chose instead to make a kind of generalized protest against imagined election fraud in Arizona. Their action could mean that Cochise County voters won’t have their ballots counted in the state’s final results.

Nullifying the votes of some 47,000 people for no reason is certainly a choice—and a nihilistic one at that. These two board members are engaging in a strategy of bottom-up election obstruction, apparently to clog the gears of democracy with enough sand to spread distrust throughout the entire system. Nationally, the Cochise County supervisors’ strategy may prove inconsequential, at least for now. But it’s a perfect illustration of the state of American democracy—and could be a test run of much greater consequence for 2024.

Ultimately, Election Day went smoothly in Cochise, and Republicans cleaned house in the county’s results: The GOP gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake and Senate hopeful Blake Masters defeated their Democratic opponents there by 18 and 11 points respectively, even though both lost overall. Still, county GOP leaders wouldn’t take yes for an answer, and they weren’t finished sowing chaos.

One of the Republican supervisors acknowledged in an interview that delaying the county’s election certification was in fact intended as a protest over the election—not in Cochise, but in Maricopa County, where Republicans claim, without evidence, that machine errors disenfranchised thousands of voters. In other words, the play here is to use local political control in one county to cast doubt on another’s larger and more politically important election—to taint the entire process by contaminating a small piece of it.

(full article online)

No evidence of fraud..of any kind. County went for Lake. :auiqs.jpg:

So...what's the issue?..oh yeah. We wanna make a "stand". FOAD.
Toss them both in the clink.
It has not been investigated. Therefore you cannot say that. Are you really as dumb as you sound?

It has not been investigated. Therefore you cannot say that. Are you really as dumb as you sound?
Lastamender needs to understand that not ALL things need investigation when the evidence is right in front of everyone.

As the article I posted says, they are not certifying JUST .....because.......

Just because ......does not need investigation.

Yeah, without any proof that fraud happened.

And they got bitch slapped down.
Of course fraud didn't happen! Just because hackers can bring down power grids, nuclear plants and make your car wreck itself, they aren't able to hack voting machines that aren't supposed to be online but really are. That's why voting machines in Democrat precincts are safe from hackers and manipulators. That's because the Dem precincts and their voting machines are more honest than Abe Lincoln. I have more trust in Democrats than I do in Jesus when it comes to voting. And BTW, why are polls always staffed by Democrats?

Of course fraud didn't happen! Just because hackers can bring down power grids, nuclear plants and make your car wreck itself, they aren't able to hack voting machines that aren't supposed to be online but really are. That's why voting machines in Democrat precincts are safe from hackers and manipulators. That's because the Dem precincts and their voting machines are more honest than Abe Lincoln. I have more trust in Democrats than I do in Jesus when it comes to voting. And BTW, why are polls always staffed by Democrats?
Awwww, poor little victim.

And your proof of fraud is some vague feeling of white privilege...

Lastamender needs to understand that not ALL things need investigation when the evidence is right in front of everyone.

As the article I posted says, they are not certifying JUST .....because.......

Just because ......does not need investigation.
That is just it, it is not evidence until it is proven in court. That goes for the people in government too. If they claim it is evidence they have to prove it is. See how it should work? Why it is not means criminals are in charge.

Yeah, without any proof that fraud happened.

And they got bitch slapped down.
The proof was never allowed in a court. That is the only reason you can deny it exists. The law should not work that way. The government owes the citizen an explanation for everything they do. I have yet to see any proof they are acting within the law besides corrupt opinions from corrupt judges.

Their job, by a certain date, was to certify the election.

They refused.

But eventually, they did the right thing.

At least one county did. Maybe there is one more which is being stubborn in following the Constitution.

They will learn to follow it, or eventually lose their jobs.
Their job is either to certify, or not certify the election. Otherwise why have them if they are just a rubber stamp?

This is fact. It has been confirmed. People threatened with jail for not certifying an election they legitimate questions about. That is extorsion. Hobbs and her deputy should be prosecuted.

“The Secretary of State did contact our County and cited A.R.S. Section 16-1010 as a statute that could be used to prosecute [the board] if they did not certify the election,” said Matt Smith, the Mohave County Attorney, to the DCNF. The statute is an Arizona felony statute regarding election officials who “fail to perform their duties” under the law; as a Class 6 felony, upon conviction, it could result in up to two years’ imprisonment.

“The threat of legal action, including personally, came from the Arizona State Elections Director [Kori Lorick],” said the board’s chair-elect, Supervisor Travis Linginfelter. While previous reporting noted that the board’s members were warned of prosecution by their counsel, the board’s members have now stated that the threats came from Lorick, who reports to Hobbs, as well.
It’s how elections work when conservatives attack and seek to undermine our democratic institutions and exhibit contempt for the will of the people.

It’s unfortunate and conservatives are alone to blame.

So, little boy, what would it take to make you happy outside of holding an election all over again in hopes that your candidate (if you can even remember their names) wins this time?
The election should be done over. You don't think Hobbs will win again? Why not?

Well, that's not going to happen so I guess you'll have to continue to be the miserable loser you've always been.
You might be surprised what happens. Y ou continuing gloating like a spoiled child and I will keep you informed.:rock:

Forum List

Back