Not about religion or the miliita

Well... Hate to be a "bigot", but....

The group was not only a strongly religious group, but religion figured quite largely into the reason for their violence, therefore it WAS about religion.

Perhaps it wasn't a mainstream form of Christian religious practice, but the main reason behind their madness was in fact their special brand of religion.

Now, that doesn't mean that they are representative of the rest of Christianity in any way, but you can't accurately say "It wasn't about religion".

And, as for the part about militias, well, I'm afraid that's pretty wrong too.

Militias are groups that are supposedly prepared to fight the US Government, once the Government crosses a set of predetermined boundaries that the militia group has abitrarily set up.

That set of boundaries differs from group to group.

In this particular instance, the groups boundaries had to do with religion more than government overreach, but government overreach was one of them.

Last edited:

The group was not only a strongly religious group, but religion figured quite largely into the reason for their violence, therefore it WAS about religion.

Perhaps it wasn't a mainstream form of Christian religious practice, but the main reason behind their madness was in fact their special brand of religion.

Now, that doesn't mean that they are representative of the rest of Christianity in any way, but you can't accurately say "It wasn't about religion".

Militias are groups that are supposedly prepared to fight the US Government, once the Government crosses a set of predetermined boundaries that the militia group has abitrarily set up.

In this particular instance, the groups boundaries had to do with religion more than government overreach, but government overreach was one of them.

Rightwingers have to take the OP's stand because they've committed to the myth that there is no such thing as rightwing Christian terrorism.

you guys are morons...that is the prosecutor saying that

try to have some unbiased opinions for once, instead of mouthing off your DNC talking points

"It's not about a religious group," Waterstreet said. "It's not about the militia. It's about a group who decided to oppose by force the U.S. by using violence and weapons."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100401/...s/us_fbi_raids

but the bigots out there will continue their conspiracy theories

Link doesn't work...plus the point of your thread it not really clear.

Are you in support of Hutaree?

Maybe a member of the Hutaree auxillary club arranging bake sales and selling crocheted hats?

This family didn't attend a church apparently. While they may have justified their actions and intentions using the Bible, I don't think that makes them religious. Using religion gave them a sort of moral justification in their minds, not reality.

If I call my group the Democratic Party Militia, does that make us Democrats?

Their target was local police. Translating it into a federal level seems a reach. It sounded like they expected other groups to rise up and tackle that one. I interpret local police as teh target, to mean they were against local authority figures.

Seems the leader once shot at local game officers and felt enboldened to keep other authority figures out of his life by attacking at this time.

Sorry, but I'm confused.

People are bigoted about people who had planned to kill police officers and innocent people?

If that's wrong, then I don't want to be right.

you guys are morons...that is the prosecutor saying that

try to have some unbiased opinions for once, instead of mouthing off your DNC talking points

No, that is ME saying that. I saw their website. Duh.

Not all of us base our opinions on other people's interpretations.

This family didn't attend a church apparently. While they may have justified their actions and intentions using the Bible, I don't think that makes them religious. Using religion gave them a sort of moral justification in their minds, not reality.

If I call my group the Democratic Party Militia, does that make us Democrats?

No, but if you then create a website containing a mission statement that is based on the platform of the Democratic Party, then yes, it does in fact make you Democrats.

Their target was local police. Translating it into a federal level seems a reach. It sounded like they expected other groups to rise up and tackle that one. I interpret local police as teh target, to mean they were against local authority figures.

Seems the leader once shot at local game officers and felt enboldened to keep other authority figures out of his life by attacking at this time.

Their alleged target was the local police, because they were, in the opinion of the militia, an arm of federal government.

But don't take my word for it, here's a link to their website.

http://www.hutaree.com/

Last edited:
Here, I'll give you a little taste of what's on the site:

DOCTRINE OF THE HUTAREE

The Doctrine of the Hutaree is based on faith and most of all the testimony of Jesus. Hebrews 11:1, ‘Faith is the substance of things hoped for, The Evidence of things not yet seen.’

Jesus spoke of the ten virgins in Matthew 25: 1-12. The wise ones took enough oil to last the whole night, just in case the bridegroom was late. The foolish ones took not enough oil to last the whole night and figured that the bridegroom would arrive earlier than he did.

These bridegrooms represent the Christian church of today. The oil, just as Jesus explained, represented faith. If you read the story right, you find out that the people with enough faith to last as long as it might take are the wise ones. They know and believe in the testimony of Christ, even through the darkest and most doubtful of times. This day is soon.

http://www.hutaree.com/doctrine.htm

Here, I'll give you a little taste of what's on the site:

DOCTRINE OF THE HUTAREE
The Doctrine of the Hutaree is based on faith and most of all the testimony of Jesus. Hebrews 11:1, ‘Faith is the substance of things hoped for, The Evidence of things not yet seen.’

Jesus spoke of the ten virgins in Matthew 25: 1-12. The wise ones took enough oil to last the whole night, just in case the bridegroom was late. The foolish ones took not enough oil to last the whole night and figured that the bridegroom would arrive earlier than he did.

These bridegrooms represent the Christian church of today. The oil, just as Jesus explained, represented faith. If you read the story right, you find out that the people with enough faith to last as long as it might take are the wise ones. They know and believe in the testimony of Christ, even through the darkest and most doubtful of times. This day is soon.

</title> </head> <body background="background.jpg"> <p align="center"><font color="#FFFFFF" size="4" face="Orbus Multiserif"> <html> <head> <title>DOCTRINE OF THE HUTAREE

If you get rid of the words "Jesus", "Christ", and "Christian", it sounds muslim to me.

Rarely any conflict is about religion, its just peopel use religion to try and justify their actions and garner support. have no idea if that was the case in this case.

Rarely any conflict is about religion, its just peopel use religion to try and justify their actions and garner support. have no idea if that was the case in this case.

I only go by what they said on their website, and the police report.

As we know, all the allegations have to be proven, but their motives are pretty well written out.

I doubt this inbred fuck can read a stop sign, let alone the Bible.

image6347221g.jpg

its simply a counterpoint to the hysteria that these guys are truly christian and militia, therefore once again, people are bashing christians and the militia

these guys are whack jobs and as has been pointed out...if i call myself a democratic poster, no one would believe me, much like jakestarkey claims he is gop....

its simply a counterpoint to the hysteria that these guys are truly christian and militia, therefore once again, people are bashing christians and the militia

these guys are whack jobs and as has been pointed out...if i call myself a democratic poster, no one would believe me, much like jakestarkey claims he is gop....

Are Al Qaeda members whack jobs or regular old muslim militia?

Forum List

Back