Northwestern v Ohio St.

Fiero425

Gold Member
Apr 29, 2016
Chicago, IL
Crazy game where people thought this would be Ohio St.'s statement game and expected to lay one on NW to impress the voters! At this point they in the 3rd Qtr and down 6-10 and looking pretty mediocre, I'm not sure even winning the game in the end with be enough to supplant the embarrassing way they played this game! NW wasn't doing anything spectacular that I could see, but I can make note of Ohio St. players losing their minds with inexplicable penalties and personal fouls against the QB! I've been a huge OSU fan as they've pummeled Michigan year in and year out, but this has been ugly! I'm very disappointed in them at this point! Hard to support this level of thuggary! :stir:

Crazy game where people thought this would be Ohio St.'s statement game and expected to lay one on NW to impress the voters! At this point they in the 3rd Qtr and down 6-10 and looking pretty mediocre, I'm not sure even winning the game in the end with be enough to supplant the embarrassing way they played this game! NW wasn't doing anything spectacular that I could see, but I can make note of Ohio St. players losing their minds with inexplicable penalties and personal fouls against the QB! I've been a huge OSU fan as they've pummeled Michigan year in and year out, but this has been ugly! I'm very disappointed in them at this point! Hard to support this level of thuggary! :stir:

I got lucky with NW +16.5

You had close to 30 guys unable to play for OSU, including their best reciever.

Fields had the worst start of his career, which is not normal.

Then in the second quarter alone, Trey Sermon lit up Northwestern and broke the OSU rushing record for a game, and ALL in the second half!

Not even Zeek Elliot had a better game, and again, it was all in the second half.

No, OSU will be just fine thanks.

My favorite play was the last one. Sermon was given the ball......again.......and hit a wall as the play was whislted dead, but there out of the pile came Sermon protesting, "I'm still on my feet so you can't call the play dead" as he reversed course and around the pile into the end zone.

Hilarious!

The first half the play calling and coaching was also the worst I have ever seen. Coach Day insisted on throwing the ball in the first half despite the horrible outcome. I think he is now smart enough to realize that Sermon is the secret weapon for success in the future, thank God he transferred and just in time!!!

Then in the second quarter alone, Trey Sermon lit up Northwestern and broke the OSU rushing record for a game, and ALL in the second half!

Not even Zeek Elliot had a better game, and again, it was all in the second half.

My favorite play was the last one. Sermon was given the ball......again.......and hit a wall as the play was whislted dead, but there out of the pile came Sermon protesting, "I'm still on my feet so you can't call the play dead" as he reversed course and around the pile into the end zone.

Hilarious!

The first half the play calling and coaching was also the worst I have ever seen. Coach Day insisted on throwing the ball in the first half despite the horrible outcome. I think he is now smart enough to realize that Sermon is the secret weapon for success in the future, thank God he transferred and just in time!!!

I think this game showed that OSU will have problems in the playoffs.

Hilarious!

I think this game showed that OSU will have problems in the playoffs.
Anyone who plays Clemsen/Alabama will have problems.

The committee has the misfortune of trying to match up teams every year that would be half way interesting to watch with the dynamic duo, and it seems to get harder and harder every year.

Forum List

Back