Non-partisan look at the issue of classified documents in private residences

Correct, and that will not happen to Biden, or Pence, or Hillary.

How do you propose we fix that problem of privilege for bigwigs?
Apply the law fairly.... Its got to be okay to prosecute law breaking no matter who the law breaker is... Biden may be responsible for people dying by not being more careful with classified documents... We heard yesterday that some of the documents in the Penn university office were SCI top secret docs.... that means prison if true... but he will skate by and the media will allow it as they beat up on orange man....

Apply the law fairly.... Its got to be okay to prosecute law breaking no matter who the law breaker is... Biden may be responsible for people dying by not being more careful with classified documents... We heard yesterday that some of the documents in the Penn university office were SCI top secret docs.... that means prison if true... but he will skate by and the media will allow it as they beat up on orange man....
Obviously, that is the ideal solution. But, it has never happened that the powerful are treated the same as the regular folk. Not about classified docs or anything else.

Truth be told, what they did to the Orange Man after the kid glove treatment that Hillary got sucked. But if it had been me, and they had evidence I had classified documents at my house, they wouldn't bother asking me or negotiating with me about it, they would have gotten a warrant right off the bat and tore my place apart looking for them.

Classified information should be extremely rare but that doesn't excuse the fact that it seem the entire top echelon of government has been mishandling it while going gung ho in prosecuting those below them for doing the same.
True, and with the exception of Trump it was never really an issue before. It was routinely handled between the former POTUS' lawyers negotiating with NARA when there was a dispute. Their attempt to take him down on this blew up in their faces though. I agree that waay too much info is needlessly classified and for the reasons mentioned above. They can't be held accountable.

Forum List

Back