Nolte: USC Poll Counts Shy Voters and Donald Trump Wins

LiberalsLIE

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2020
I have been looking for this story because I heard about it on the radio. I finally found a version of it. Its about Trump voters not telling the truth to pollsters out of fear of backlash and violence from Democrat thugs and Antifa.

USC Dornlife published a poll Monday that shows President Trump could upset the world again next week.
USC’s normal, tracking poll shows Biden up nationally 53 to 43 percent, a full ten points

Something USC Dornlife was curious about, though, were those shy Trump voters who either lie to pollsters out of contempt for the establishment media or due to a legitimate fear of expressing a preference for Trump in a country where you can lose your job, have your property vandalized, or find yourself physically assaulted for doing so.

To break through and past what USC describes as the “social desirability” question, the pollster asked respondents “Do you think your friends and neighbors are voting for Trump?” instead of “Do you support Trump?”

This is called the “social circle question” and in five different elections over the past few years (including the 2016 presidential election), USC found that this question resulted in a more accurate poll once the final results were known: [emphasis mine]

n all five of the elections in which we tested this question, the social circle question predicted election outcomes better than traditional questions about voters’ own intentions. These five elections were the 2016 U.S. Presidential election, the 2017 French Presidential election, the 2017 Dutch Parliamentary election, the 2018 Swedish Parliamentary election, and the 2018 U.S. election for House of Representatives.
[…]
In fact, data from the social-circle question in 2016 accurately predicted which candidate won each state, so it predicted Trump’s electoral college victory
Using this same method today, USC says “it’s looking like an Electoral College loss for Biden” — with Trump only down by four or five points nationally.

And the truth is Trump could lose the popular vote by four or five points and still squeak out an electoral college victory.

This is not the first study or survey to show there’s a real possibility pollsters are missing a sizable chunk of the Trump coalition, what the president calls his “silent majority.”

I have been looking for this story because I heard about it on the radio. I finally found a version of it. Its about Trump voters not telling the truth to pollsters out of fear of backlash and violence from Democrat thugs and Antifa.

USC Dornlife published a poll Monday that shows President Trump could upset the world again next week.
USC’s normal, tracking poll shows Biden up nationally 53 to 43 percent, a full ten points

Something USC Dornlife was curious about, though, were those shy Trump voters who either lie to pollsters out of contempt for the establishment media or due to a legitimate fear of expressing a preference for Trump in a country where you can lose your job, have your property vandalized, or find yourself physically assaulted for doing so.

To break through and past what USC describes as the “social desirability” question, the pollster asked respondents “Do you think your friends and neighbors are voting for Trump?” instead of “Do you support Trump?”

This is called the “social circle question” and in five different elections over the past few years (including the 2016 presidential election), USC found that this question resulted in a more accurate poll once the final results were known: [emphasis mine]

n all five of the elections in which we tested this question, the social circle question predicted election outcomes better than traditional questions about voters’ own intentions. These five elections were the 2016 U.S. Presidential election, the 2017 French Presidential election, the 2017 Dutch Parliamentary election, the 2018 Swedish Parliamentary election, and the 2018 U.S. election for House of Representatives.
[…]
In fact, data from the social-circle question in 2016 accurately predicted which candidate won each state, so it predicted Trump’s electoral college victory
Using this same method today, USC says “it’s looking like an Electoral College loss for Biden” — with Trump only down by four or five points nationally.

And the truth is Trump could lose the popular vote by four or five points and still squeak out an electoral college victory.

This is not the first study or survey to show there’s a real possibility pollsters are missing a sizable chunk of the Trump coalition, what the president calls his “silent majority.”
Now this has me worried....after all--finding some lying Trump voters can't be all that hard, right? ROTFLMAO!

The sweet irony of the last best hope of Trump supporters..being the 'liar vote'!

Now this has me worried....after all--finding some lying Trump voters can't be all that hard, right? ROTFLMAO!
The sweet irony of the last best hope of Trump supporters..being the 'liar vote'!

You think your stupid ass is funny, but violence and mobs beating up conservatives in the streets and on campuses, and Trump supporters getting vandalized is happening across the nation. You are just too STUPID and drunk on fake news to know it. But we know it and the frightened among us often lie.

Personally I do not lie and I proudly wear my Trump swag. I have had people in stores actually whisper to me that I am brave to wear that stuff.

You are on the side of fascist thugs and don't even know it.

[…]

'Its about Trump voters not telling the truth to pollsters out of fear of backlash and violence from Democrat thugs and Antifa'?...do pollsters give out the personal information of people they talk to?..didn't know that.

Trumptards keep telling us not to believe polls but wait..they want us to believe this one...(chuckle)

[…]

Trump cannot lose by 5 and exzpect to win the EC. Clinton won the popular vote by 2.1 and Trump won by around 70,000 votes in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

There's nothing "shy" about Trumpers

They're the most loud and obnoxious people I have ever seen

They sure didn't look shy when they shut down the Mario Cuomo Bridge, The Garden State Parkway , or attacked that Biden bus in Texas yesterday

Forum List

Back