No Evidence

But we were talking about radiation!!! It is radiation emission impinging on molecules that gives higher average velocities that in turn increases the temperature. Therefore absorption of radiation warms the atmosphere. Talk about spoon feeding physics!
Only convection and conduction warms the atmosphere. The atmosphere is transparent to LWIR and does not warm it.

You have no concept of LWIR and its FREQUENCY. You folks post up the bandpass graph and you fail to understand that 99.4% of energy emitted from the ground is emitted in a LWIR band above 10um. Only water will react to it in our atmosphere and then only long enough to cool due to the evaporation process rendering it impotent (which is why there is no tropospheric hot spot).

Tell me, Do you think an object radiating at -80 F (12-16um frequency) can warm an Object that is 32 deg F? Trenbreth's cartoon is a fantasy derived from failed QED modeling. Less energetic (lower frequency) energy causes cooling in more energetic (higher frequency) molecules.

This is why I sit back and watch you folks go round and round about energy transfer that not one of you can prove and empirical observations say is not happening. Whom to believe, Your UN-provalbe mathematical constructs which fail empirical test or observations which disprove your theroy/hypothesis.?

Tell me, Do you think an object radiating at -80 F (12-16um frequency) can warm an Object that is 32 deg F?

Tell me, Do you think an object radiating at -80 F (12-16um frequency) can cause an Object that is 32 deg F to cool more slowly than if the -80F object weren't there?
What???

It involves the Stefan-Boltzmann formula.
Don't worry about it.
AN equation you have no proof is correct by empirical evidence..

But we were talking about radiation!!! It is radiation emission impinging on molecules that gives higher average velocities that in turn increases the temperature. Therefore absorption of radiation warms the atmosphere. Talk about spoon feeding physics!
Only convection and conduction warms the atmosphere. The atmosphere is transparent to LWIR and does not warm it.

You have no concept of LWIR and its FREQUENCY. You folks post up the bandpass graph and you fail to understand that 99.4% of energy emitted from the ground is emitted in a LWIR band above 10um. Only water will react to it in our atmosphere and then only long enough to cool due to the evaporation process rendering it impotent (which is why there is no tropospheric hot spot).

Tell me, Do you think an object radiating at -80 F (12-16um frequency) can warm an Object that is 32 deg F? Trenbreth's cartoon is a fantasy derived from failed QED modeling. Less energetic (lower frequency) energy causes cooling in more energetic (higher frequency) molecules.

This is why I sit back and watch you folks go round and round about energy transfer that not one of you can prove and empirical observations say is not happening. Whom to believe, Your UN-provalbe mathematical constructs which fail empirical test or observations which disprove your theroy/hypothesis.?

Tell me, Do you think an object radiating at -80 F (12-16um frequency) can warm an Object that is 32 deg F?

Tell me, Do you think an object radiating at -80 F (12-16um frequency) can cause an Object that is 32 deg F to cool more slowly than if the -80F object weren't there?
The decay rate of the warmer object is unchanged until it reaches the thermal equilibrium of the cooler mass.

You want to try again?

The decay rate of the warmer object is unchanged

The warmer body loses heat at the same rate with a -80F object radiating toward it as it would if it were just radiating into the vacuum of space at -450F?
HE CAN BE TAUGHT!

Until equilibrium is reached the warm object will not slow its decay rate..

What???

It involves the Stefan-Boltzmann formula.
Don't worry about it.
AN equation you have no proof is correct by empirical evidence..

Try that again, in English.

The decay rate of the warmer object is unchanged until it reaches the thermal equilibrium of the cooler mass.

You want to try again?

The warmer body loses heat at the same rate with a -80F object radiating toward it as it would if it were just radiating into the vacuum of space at -450F?
HE CAN BE TAUGHT!

The warmer body, at 32F, loses heat at the same rate with a -80F object radiating toward it as it would if it were just radiating into the vacuum of space at -450F?

Try answering the question.

You want to try again?

HE CAN BE TAUGHT!

Billy Bob is a dolt.

An object radiates away energy at the rate defined by the SB equation. At all times. According to its temperature and emissivity.

Only the rate of change for temperature of the object is affected by the temperature of the environment.

ie. A room temperature object rapidly cools in a freezer, less rapidly in a fridge, no change on the countertop, and warms in the oven. In all locations the object is radiating the same amount of energy, until the temperature changes.

How does the temperature change? If more energy is being received from the environment than is being lost by radiation then heating takes place (oven). For the opposite, then cooling happens (fridge).

Bonus thought to ponder. What is the difference between an object and an environment?

delta (object) >> delta (environment).

You want to try again?

HE CAN BE TAUGHT!

Billy Bob is a dolt.

An object radiates away energy at the rate defined by the SB equation. At all times. According to its temperature and emissivity.

Only the rate of change for temperature of the object is affected by the temperature of the environment.

ie. A room temperature object rapidly cools in a freezer, less rapidly in a fridge, no change on the countertop, and warms in the oven. In all locations the object is radiating the same amount of energy, until the temperature changes.

How does the temperature change? If more energy is being received from the environment than is being lost by radiation then heating takes place (oven). For the opposite, then cooling happens (fridge).

Bonus thought to ponder. What is the difference between an object and an environment?

I believe the comment was whether there is evidence of that.

You want to try again?

HE CAN BE TAUGHT!

Billy Bob is a dolt.

DERP!

You want to try again?

HE CAN BE TAUGHT!

Billy Bob is a dolt.

DERP!
DE-DERP. Still waiting on the evidence. why hasn't any been provided yet? You all keep spewing the SB equation, now post the experiment that shows it works as written. still waiting. sooo many threads in here.

HE CAN BE TAUGHT!

Billy Bob is a dolt.

DERP!
DE-DERP. Still waiting on the evidence. why hasn't any been provided yet? You all keep spewing the SB equation, now post the experiment that shows it works as written. still waiting. sooo many threads in here.

You're waiting on evidence that the Stefan-Boltzmann equation is correct?

DUDE!

HE CAN BE TAUGHT!

Billy Bob is a dolt.

DERP!

DUDE!
so friend, do you have an experiment for:

Billy Bob is a dolt.

DERP!

DUDE!

No. Why, do I need one?

DERP!

DUDE!

No. Why, do I need one?
Why not? That’s supporting evidence. Isn’t that science?

DUDE!

No. Why, do I need one?

I need to support a law that's been "on the books" for over 130 years? Why?

DUDE!

No. Why, do I need one?

science? I mean, isn't science proving a theory?

DUDE!

No. Why, do I need one?

science? I mean, isn't science proving a theory?

What theory do you feel I need to prove? Why?

Forum List

Back