NIH Admits To Funding Gain-Of-Function Research In Wuhan Lab

I have met many from the research community... made friends with many of them. Even the guy who did Moderna's vaccine works locally.

These people are scientists...they are somewhat passable as instructors at times but not really...they are good at finding clues and understanding the scope of their research and it's implications. What they are exceptionally good at is keeping secrets.... because if a whiff of their current work gets out it is routinely stolen out from under them by another researcher looking for research grants. They are kinda like construction contractors all looking for contracts with the NIH and WHO as the supplier of money. Sometimes it's private enterprise too...and whoever has the idea first usually gets the funding.

What the NIH needs is a good director who is a scientist but they need a spokesman... someone who understands the what, why, and how and then relates it to the public. Who won't get badgered or shook up because the person asking questions is an idiot with idiotic ideas.

Fauci got pressured by headlines and his own press and did the unforgivable. He lied several times....twice knowingly that I'm aware of. Once he spoke instead of saying "I don't know" like he should have.

On any given day there are tens of thousands of research projects in process needing answers from the NIH alone.
Epidemiology, virology, optometry, gastrointestinal, all the sciences dealing with human health and various medicines, indications, trends, and devices. No one is an expert in all those fields. Then there's the mathematicians...experts in calculus who can (and will) walk out for not liking their working environment...quite easily too. Plenty of demand for them these days.

The Wuhan lab flew so far off the radar screens because it was supposed to be a very low impact study. Most of the money for Corona class viruses had dried up and they were supposed to be working with low infectious/virulent rate viruses. GOF is routinely used for figuring out vaccines and antiviral focuses. It's not to create a super bug and infect the whole planet.

Protocols are for cage droppings and carcases to be incinerated instead of thrown in the dumpster. (Which would be the likely scenario)

When they discovered that this virus attacked endocrine systems EVERY alarm bell should have gone off...every one of the strictest protocols should have become SOP and double checked immediately. But the dumbasses in China didn't know or understand why it was important. Literally idiots playing with stuff they didn't understand whatsoever. (Normal stuff believe it or not)

And because of all of this....

A good scientist understands that ANY and ALL work on live virus strains needs to be held under strict protocols...which didn't happen by idiots in China who were the lowest bidder because of cut corners.

And since the people who were actually the ones working on this project in China have all "disappeared"...we aren't going to get any more answers.
I appreciate the well organized response JB. I’d like to address your comments about scientists protecting their findings to determine when the scientific community should share their info publicly. Are these NIH scientists (all 25 plus divisions included) delaying their applications for patent protection, maybe a backload of too many at once and not enough employees to process? Is this concern during the application process? Maybe there should be a massive push to expedite patent protection at an earlier timeframe? I understand about inventors/research scientists having concerns about others stealing their ideas. Stealing should led to being shafted from further research opportunities, but sharing findings should always take precedence.

As a member of the non-scientific community, my primary concern is about info not being shared, shredded even if possible (which could be an exaggeration but I don’t think so). A delay in sharing needs to be fine-tuned to allow ALL info to at least be peer-reviewed. When top medical journals require (one did) that only papers relative to the Covid virus be prescreened before preprint- something is rotten in Denmark. You might propose this extra layer of screening was due to “too many covid papers” but that’s not how most view it. It’s an intention to block info . Wrong on all levels.

Obviously, something went very wrong prior to CCP cover-up and the certainty that the “error” was due to pure negligence or otherwise is debatable.

What are your thoughts about active research scientists currently scavenging the Amazon region for the “next pandemic”? In my opinion it’s beyond insane. I don’t care what any scientist says to justify the risk, it’s placing ego trips of being the one to find something new out over the safety of the entire world- no exaggeration as you know. When I read something stated by a scientist who says they want to get “ahead of the curve”, why haven’t they been doing that the past 50 years? Scavenging for new viruses and cutting up animals suspected of being infected? What self-absorbed types, gun-ho on their life mission without concern for human deaths. There is a distinction between a noble quest for knowledge to help “the world” and the lowly quest for personal recognition and carefree attitude about the lives of others.

I appreciate the well organized response JB. I’d like to address your comments about scientists protecting their findings to determine when the scientific community should share their info publicly. Are these NIH scientists (all 25 plus divisions included) delaying their applications for patent protection, maybe a backload of too many at once and not enough employees to process? Is this concern during the application process? Maybe there should be a massive push to expedite patent protection at an earlier timeframe? I understand about inventors/research scientists having concerns about others stealing their ideas. Stealing should led to being shafted from further research opportunities, but sharing findings should always take precedence.

As a member of the non-scientific community, my primary concern is about info not being shared, shredded even if possible (which could be an exaggeration but I don’t think so). A delay in sharing needs to be fine-tuned to allow ALL info to at least be peer-reviewed. When top medical journals require (one did) that only papers relative to the Covid virus be prescreened before preprint- something is rotten in Denmark. You might propose this extra layer of screening was due to “too many covid papers” but that’s not how most view it. It’s an intention to block info . Wrong on all levels.

Obviously, something went very wrong prior to CCP cover-up and the certainty that the “error” was due to pure negligence or otherwise is debatable.

What are your thoughts about active research scientists currently scavenging the Amazon region for the “next pandemic”? In my opinion it’s beyond insane. I don’t care what any scientist says to justify the risk, it’s placing ego trips of being the one to find something new out over the safety of the entire world- no exaggeration as you know. When I read something stated by a scientist who says they want to get “ahead of the curve”, why haven’t they been doing that the past 50 years? Scavenging for new viruses and cutting up animals suspected of being infected? What self-absorbed types, gun-ho on their life mission without concern for human deaths. There is a distinction between a noble quest for knowledge to help “the world” and the lowly quest for personal recognition and carefree attitude about the lives of others.
Well the research being done in Wuhan was actually an idea stolen from the gentleman here in Nashville TN who has been studying coronavirus for the past 20+ years. He also was instrumental in helping Moderna with their vaccine. They got the funding from the NIH out from under him. And due to their poor handling now he has a Ton of funding and research to do. The team they show off for the discovery is a or stunt.

That's what happens...that's how it happens.

A huge trial just like the one during WW2 in Nuremberg should be the order of the day. Also a world get together is in order to ban any type of "gain of function" practice or study ever again. This type of thing that took place is just as bad as the use of chemical warfare was during world war one and two. That appalled the world so badly, that it created strict law's that prohibit such atrocious acts in the future without having stern consequences if violated.

The culprit's should be brought up on charges if attempted to hide this thing, and the world should be watching to make sure that justice is served because the entire world has suffered great loses.
GoF research took place?

What mutation did researchers add to virus?

GoF research took place?

The investigation that would lead to the trial would be the determining factors involved as to whether GOF was involved or not, so no matter how it is spun by anyone trying to hide what has happened, the truth needs to be known, and the culprit's revealed for prosecutorial purposes in a trial if warranted.

It's odd how million's have died by this pandemic, yet the world is cold about it. Can the world be so corrupt that it doesn't seek justice in such a thing, and therefore it just wants to move on because the targeted audiences were old and fragile ?? We see how the senior citizens are treated now in America by the up and coming generations, so my thoughts on why the elderly are so disregarded and disrespected leads me to the very thoughts of why justice is not being sought after in a serious way in all of this.

The investigation that would lead to the trial would be the determining factors involved as to whether GOF was involved or not, so no matter how it is spun by anyone trying to hide what has happened, the truth needs to be known, and the culprit's revealed for prosecutorial purposes in a trial if warranted.

It's odd how million's have died by this pandemic, yet the world is cold about it. Can the world be so corrupt that it doesn't seek justice in such a thing, and therefore it just wants to move on because the targeted audiences were old and fragile ?? We see how the senior citizens are treated now in America by the up and coming generations, so my thoughts on why the elderly are so disregarded and disrespected leads me to the very thoughts of why justice is not being sought after in a serious way in all of this.
It's because the pandemic didn't originate from a lab.

It's because the pandemic didn't originate from a lab.
Says you, but the investigation could show otherwise. Why so afraid of a thorough investigation, where as every lead is followed, and every stone is over turned in order to give justice to those that have died ??

He shouldn't of showed up.

The republicans voted that people don't need to accommodate the congress,

but the democrats have nothing to hide.

I believe Fauci. Rand Paul I don't believe has the facts right or he is just lying.

He shouldn't of showed up.

The republicans voted that people don't need to accommodate the congress,

but the democrats have nothing to hide.

I believe Fauci. Rand Paul I don't believe has the facts right or he is just lying.
Of course you don't believe, you are a hardcore leftist. You are blinded.

They (EcoHealth- with funding by NIH- whereas now after its blown up to public attention, NIH claims it was unaware of this EcoHealth’s data and has requested “unknown data”) mixed two coronavirus’s together resulting in a much more lethal outcome than “normal” viral mutations.

GoF research took place?

GoF research took place?

What mutation did researchers add

“Now, with 5.3 million Covid deaths worldwide and NIH’s admission that Ecohealth was violating the terms of the grant by not turning over all data, if nothing else, Congress should be hauling Daszak in for questioning. Nobody other than Dr. Shi might know more about the potential Wuhan lab origin of the virus. We won’t know unless and until it is thoroughly investigated, but right now Congress appears to be in no rush to get started.”

EcoHealth used NIH funding for bat coronaviruses in Wuhan lab. EcoHealth/Daszak admitted that they combined two bat coronaviruses. The researchers infected human-like mice (altered genetically to react in human fashion) with these mice becoming much sicker than compared to the mice just infected with one coronavirus. The result produced a much greater human threat because of the novel created virus. NIH is blaming EcoHealth for not sharing initial data and claims it was “in the dark”.

It certainly doesn’t help NIH’s case with Fauci lying to congress, more than once, regarding the use of gain-of-function which absolutely had occurred and he knew it.

Last edited:
Did the research that you’re claiming as GoF add a mutation to the virus?
Read up Otto- figuratively and literally-you are skipping my threads that contain Science mag links and fully support the OP. Loose your obvious bias against the OP to absorb a few facts or go ahead and remain in the dark - your choice of course!

To be clear, you're certainly entitled to your own opinions.
We are all “entitled” to express our own opinions, at least as it stands currently. The trick is to drench our opinions with factual circumstances and to avoid ALL political posturing messaging from individuals worried more about themselves than the truth (Fauci comes to mind as a current example).

The National Institutes of Health is now admitting to funding gain-of-function research on bats infected with coronaviruses at a lab in Wuhan, China despite repeated denials from Dr. Anthony Fauci that U.S. tax dollars were used on the funding.

In a letter to Rep. James Comer, ranking member of the House Committee on Oversight and Reform, an NIH official admits that a "limited experiment" was conducted in order to test if "spike proteins from naturally occurring bat coronaviruses circulating in China were capable of binding to the human ACE2 receptor in a mouse model." NIH acknowledges US funded gain-of-function at Wuhan lab, despite Fauci’s denials

This little ditty goes out to Jack of Trades and all of the other libs that have been calling us "conspiracy theroists" for even doubting that Saint Fauci had anything to do with it...

The Fauch is a liar, and now it is proven....Still want to follow him libs?

This little ditty goes out to Jack of Trades and all of the other libs that have been calling us "conspiracy theroists" for even doubting that Saint Fauci had anything to do with it...

The Fauch is a liar, and now it is proven....Still want to follow him libs?
Yes. I will still follow his advice. I'm pretty sure I called people like you conspiracy theorists because you believe this was released intentionally from a lab by the Chinese (not sure why they'd release a lethal virus in their own country, but hey, anything goes in cuckoo land). If you'd like to keep beating on gain of function, be my guest. It's a talking point for you and it makes you righties feel better.

America has been historically greatly admired for a number of reasons, the Goodwill you have developed over more than a century has been invaluable. Literally invaluable.

Transparency/accountable government is certainly a vital contributing aspect of this respect garnered around the globe. Whether good or bad, be honest with citizens and hold accountable anyone who violated past policies, adjust future policies accordingly. Truth is the disinfectant that maintains said reputation.

Chuchill once famously stated, "In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." The key to his statement is the differentiating distinction he applies: "wartime".

In war, as with spycraft, this concept is true for free nations. In times of peace however, only honesty with oneself can future decisions be best meted.

At best, Fauci is dangerously incompetent and neglectful

at worst, he’s a manipulating liar.

this is like the Hillary Clinton server defense. The Democrats tried to convince us that she wasnt manipulating, she was just incredibly bad at her job. That was a win for them. The same will go for Fauci. Guys, he’s not evil, he’s just dangerously an idiot!

Forum List

Back