What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night School!

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Night school starts tonight. Makes for a real long day after the day classes. 12 straight hours of teaching, but a good little extra cheddar to spoil the wife a bit. A lot of city kids end up in situations where they have to work full time jobs during the day, but really want to eventually graduate from high school. The motivation is actually pretty damn impressive.

Meister

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Night school starts tonight. Makes for a real long day after the day classes. 12 straight hours of teaching, but a good little extra cheddar to spoil the wife a bit. A lot of city kids end up in situations where they have to work full time jobs during the day, but really want to eventually graduate from high school. The motivation is actually pretty damn impressive.
Good job, Unkotare :clap2:

Disir

Platinum Member
Reaction score
We don't have enough places that offer night school. We don't have enough places where I am at that offer GED classes. You know, Unkotare, sometimes you are really super ok.

OP
Unkotare

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Reaction score
We don't have enough places that offer night school. We don't have enough places where I am at that offer GED classes. You know, Unkotare, sometimes you are really super ok.
Thank you! :beer:

EvilCat Breath

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The night school teachers are the same perverts that are day teachers. They just look for extra victims.

Zincwarrior

Platinum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I did that for years.

Zincwarrior

Platinum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it made me prematurely old. But I liked the professors much more. They worked too and actually knew what they were talking about. Plus they didn't fart around on stupid pointless discussions.

OP
Unkotare

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Well, that was a quick 15 hour day.

DGS49

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Define, "night school." Are you talking about taking/giving classes to graduate HS, or classes for college credit?

I went from HS grad to JD with classes 90% night and weekend (while working F/T during the day).

I've taken a cornucopia of "personal enrichment" classes at the local Community College. Language for travelers, dance, tennis, golf, tax, Tai Chi, etc. Great fun.

OP
Unkotare

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Reaction score
And the night classes are starting to expand. More and more students every day.

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Reaction score

And that in itself should tell you how bad it is in this country..........when a kid can't even just worry about school and nothing else.
Or get a decent education the first time around.

OP
Unkotare

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Reaction score
And that in itself should tell you how bad it is in this country..........when a kid can't even just worry about school and nothing else.
Or get a decent education the first time around.
Not everyone was born with a silver spoon.

Leo123

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I agree the kids' motivation is impressive however, the fact that these kids have to work all day is not very impressive. Good on you though for providing the education for them.

💲 Amazon Deals 💲

Forum List