Night School!

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Night school starts tonight. Makes for a real long day after the day classes. 12 straight hours of teaching, but a good little extra cheddar to spoil the wife a bit. A lot of city kids end up in situations where they have to work full time jobs during the day, but really want to eventually graduate from high school. The motivation is actually pretty damn impressive.

I imagine night school doesn't have many students that don't want to be there.

Night school starts tonight. Makes for a real long day after the day classes. 12 straight hours of teaching, but a good little extra cheddar to spoil the wife a bit. A lot of city kids end up in situations where they have to work full time jobs during the day, but really want to eventually graduate from high school. The motivation is actually pretty damn impressive.
Good job, Unkotare :clap2:

We don't have enough places that offer night school. We don't have enough places where I am at that offer GED classes. You know, Unkotare, sometimes you are really super ok.

We don't have enough places that offer night school. We don't have enough places where I am at that offer GED classes. You know, Unkotare, sometimes you are really super ok.
Thank you! :beer:

I did that for years.

I think it made me prematurely old. But I liked the professors much more. They worked too and actually knew what they were talking about. Plus they didn't fart around on stupid pointless discussions.

Define, "night school." Are you talking about taking/giving classes to graduate HS, or classes for college credit?

I went from HS grad to JD with classes 90% night and weekend (while working F/T during the day).

I've taken a cornucopia of "personal enrichment" classes at the local Community College. Language for travelers, dance, tennis, golf, tax, Tai Chi, etc. Great fun.

And the night classes are starting to expand. More and more students every day.

And that in itself should tell you how bad it is in this country..........when a kid can't even just worry about school and nothing else.
Or get a decent education the first time around.

And that in itself should tell you how bad it is in this country..........when a kid can't even just worry about school and nothing else.
Or get a decent education the first time around.
Not everyone was born with a silver spoon.

I agree the kids' motivation is impressive however, the fact that these kids have to work all day is not very impressive. Good on you though for providing the education for them.

New Topics

Forum List

Back