NFL to stencil 'End Racism' on end zone borders as part of social justice rollout for kickoff week

I just decided I won't be watching any football this season, or perhaps ever.

As part of the NFL's ongoing commitment to social justice programs, the messages "It Takes All of Us" and "End Racism" will be stenciled on all end zone borders for home openers, the league office informed clubs in a memo Monday obtained by ESPN.
The two messages of inclusion, which will be stenciled on opposite end zones during kickoff week, are key elements of the league's broader, multifaceted rollout intended to highlight its efforts to support diversity and inclusion while the new season begins.
The end zone messages demonstrate "how football and the NFL brings people together to work as one and use our example and our actions to help conquer racism," the memo reads. The memo also confirms that players will have the option to wear helmet decals honoring victims of systemic racism.
"Each player will have the option to honor an individual by displaying that person's name via a decal on the back of their helmet," the memo reads. "Players will be offered a list of names and short biographical information to help guide their decision-making, however, they can also select a victim of systemic racism who is not represented on this list." If coaches desire, they can honor victims of systemic racism by wearing patches on their hats.
Additionally, the league will recognize essential workers on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The NFL is a private business in a free country, they can do as they please.

No on is forced to watch this.
The NFL is a government protected monopoly.

they have been given special treatment, so that they could provide entertainment to the fans.

not so they can insult the fans and the nation with that asshole accusations.

they want to abuse the special privileges they have been given?

time to take those privileges away.
Many of their stadiums are provided using taxpayer dollars. These arrangements should be rescinded so long as they insist on insulting their fans.

that would be step one. i'm not even sure what other protections that have, but they should all be rescinded.

I used to pay for the NFL ticket so I could watch every game if I wanted....and I would purchase game replay and red zone...I was a Raider fan and had a room filled with their merchandise but when the NFL began to move over seas and gave so much power and money to greedy players and their greedy agents the game fell apart for me....I sold or tossed all of my NFL crap and turned it off for good after the knee debacle....
I cancelled game replay and the ticket and haven't watched an NFL game since...the NFL is dead to me just like the NBA and just like what the MLB is working towards....I'm not a racist and I won't be treated like one by a league I pay to enjoy....I was born in the dark but it wasn't last night......
The nfl is dead to me also

Why do you feel obligated to support racism?:rolleyes:

said the man that supports genocide.

You just inspired an epiphany! ;)

Think how many thousands of black lives (and white, and female) would matter if only the NFL boldly displayed in the end zones banners that say...'Choose Life'. Now that would be a sight to see!

Sure you do. You support Antifa and BLM. Trump is not a terrorist or a white supremacist.
Antifa and BLM are self-defense reactions to 200 years of white supremacy.
Really...so the bakery owner that lost everything he had worked for for over 40 years in Seattle because his bakery was torched is a white supremacist?...what kind of monster are you?....where did you get your education from?.....you can try and make me pay for something I'm not guilty of but you had better be ready for a fight.....

How have you managed to survive as long as you have? You're a prime candidate for a Darwin award.
666be5d5561b8ba26b4c8e259d052188.jpg

Bigots of the world...unite:auiqs.jpg:

not so they can insult the fans and the nation with that asshole accusations.
Only racists and Trump supporters are insulted by calls to end racism; maybe you will be happier in Russia?

you lefty faggots have demonstrated that when you say "Wacist" you are actually saying "anyone to the right of fucking lenin".

so, fuck you.

I just decided I won't be watching any football this season, or perhaps ever.

As part of the NFL's ongoing commitment to social justice programs, the messages "It Takes All of Us" and "End Racism" will be stenciled on all end zone borders for home openers, the league office informed clubs in a memo Monday obtained by ESPN.
The two messages of inclusion, which will be stenciled on opposite end zones during kickoff week, are key elements of the league's broader, multifaceted rollout intended to highlight its efforts to support diversity and inclusion while the new season begins.
The end zone messages demonstrate "how football and the NFL brings people together to work as one and use our example and our actions to help conquer racism," the memo reads. The memo also confirms that players will have the option to wear helmet decals honoring victims of systemic racism.
"Each player will have the option to honor an individual by displaying that person's name via a decal on the back of their helmet," the memo reads. "Players will be offered a list of names and short biographical information to help guide their decision-making, however, they can also select a victim of systemic racism who is not represented on this list." If coaches desire, they can honor victims of systemic racism by wearing patches on their hats.
Additionally, the league will recognize essential workers on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic.
So, you clearly are against ending racism. Gotcha. :thup:
Why aren't you against Martians invading our planet?

They are Marxist terrorist organizations.
Worry more about capitalist terror.
1*KSb-wsigwfp2o8MDH-7tzg.png

[Badiou and Politics] How Global Capitalism Generates Terrorism, Racism, and Xenophobia.

• "Capitalism describes our current global situation

• "The result of global capitalism is the creation of a few concentrated pillars of wealth, surrounded by devastated zones from whence this wealth was generated (through colonialism, military intervention, pillaging, coercion, etc.)

• These devastated zones produce a youth entranced by the riches and promises of capitalism, and a desire to be a part of its domination. However, there is decidedly no place for these youth as capitalism becomes increasingly mechanized and devoid of the need for manual labor."

Forum List

Back