NFL Roundup: Sinks, Standards, Sod

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
As we close out this week in the NFL, many fans are demoralized about the lack of surge by Cleveland Browns rookie-QB sensation Baker Mayfield (his team keeps slipping while seeming to be 'hungry'), shocked about the Patriots 43-40 victory over the seemingly-indomitable Kansas City Chiefs, worried about the performance of Dak Prescott's Dallas Cowboys, and concerned about the ever-growing fear of the monotonous dominance of Tom Brady's New England Patriots.

Well, how does one 'infuse' NFL fanfare-spirit into Americans who would rather focus on the sod and grass of a football stadium 'unpraised' because of eco-pollution and global warming? How should we make the NFL exciting in a time when all kinds of media scandals, political corruption, and poor energy policy make more 'sociocultural goosebumps' about why there seems to be less autumn-foliage color change this year in many parts of America?

This is an "NFL Roundup'' meant to offer some advice/perspective, and maybe you guys can find the right solutions to this fanfare problem!

nfl5.jpg

====

Tom Brady is the NFL QB of the New Millennium --- add that to his list of laurels since replacing hotshot QB Drew Bledsoe of the New England Patriots who simply dropped off the radar while Brady soared like a comet. Brady's won 5 Super Bowl trophies since 2000, and he's still not underestimated to win yet another --- surpassing everyone and arguably never being surpassed himself. However, fans are bored seeing the Patriots win all the time and especially male fans who don't want to talk about New England Clam Chowder on NFL Sunday with their non-NFL fan wives when they could rather be sucking down dripping honey BBQ wings or eating Philly cheesesteaks. Brady is boring.

nfl1.JPG

Perhaps Jared Goff's still hot and undefeated L.A. Rams have the answer. They're seemingly very difficult to topple, and while the Chiefs finally fell, the Rams are still pushing ahead. Could Goff's rams do what Cam Newton's Carolina Panthers and Matt Ryan's Atlanta Falcons and Carson Wentz's Philadelphia Eagles did in recent (post-2000) seasons past --- provide the NFL with enough excitement to actually 'predict' a Brady/Patriots loss in the Super Bowl? If you're a very generic NFL fan, you might appreciate how Goff's Rams are still steadily the hot contender to help you get over your Brady boredom.

nfl2.jpg

Never count out Ben Roethlisberger's Pittsburgh Steelers. Sure, they're not high-winning like the Chiefs or Rams this year, but Ben's Steelers can always be expected to pull out late-season runs and head into the playoffs with enough momentum to create focused and well-coordinated (and gritty) play to power through to the Super Bowl. They're my favorite dark-horse team this year.

nfl3.jpg

My favorite dark-horse teams used to be Dak Prescott's Dallas Cowboys and Derek Carr's Oakland Raiders. However, both squads are struggling to shine their talents/leadership in a way that makes for winning NFL football. I'm still 'optimistic' about Prescott's ambitiousness, so you never know if he can rally his surviving team with the help of good coaching to offer the NFC a bit of spice, because, let's face it, the NFC is nothing like the AFC (thanks to Brady and company). The NFC is boasting the Rams this year, but this 'dependency' makes me nervous and no doubt distracts Goff from directing his team's attention to Brady, so I'll still be 'thinking' about Prescott's Cowboys. Is this naive or too idealistic?

nfl4.jpg

Fortunately, the Papa Smurf of the NFL, Patriots head-coach Bill Belichick, has that cold-and-grumpy-man demeanor that can help us all simply sit back and cuddle up maturely and allow ourselves the 'luxury' of just watching Brady and the Patriots win a 6th Super Bowl title. There's no reason not to think of Coach Belichick as the ultimate Santa if the likes of Goff and Mahomes and the diligence of still-aspiring QBs with adequate teams (e.g., Brees' Saints, Newton's Panthers, Mahomes' Chiefs, or even Kirk Cousins' Vikings). As per Carson Wentz's struggling Philly Eagles, I'll be cozying up to Belichick and allowing myself to just romanticize about the Eagles 'sudden' win in Super Bowl 52.

nfl6.jpg

If Brady's Patriots just keep winning until he finally retires and we see nothing of merit from aspiring/hot QB-led teams like Cam Newton's Carolina Panthers or Jared Goff's L.A. Rams, I'll have to conclude that the New England Patriots are simply the team that achieved what no other NFL team achieved in history --- being the Colossus-doll of the sport.

====

:2cents:

So far none of the rookie qb’s are looking good. So much for the hype

So far none of the rookie qb’s are looking good. So much for the hype
Mahomes isn't technically a rookie since he played a single game last year but he is by far the hottest qb in the league right now

That kid is good. What kills me is the bills could have picked him instead of trading their pick to the Chiefs :bang3:

Forum List

Back