NFL ratings down 11%, College football viewership up. Why do you think that is?

Who in the Hell wants to tune into prime time
games when both teams are garbage. The Niners and Raiders were on last Thursday. Talk about a cure for insomnia.

games when both teams are garbage. The Niners and Raiders were on last Thursday. Talk about a cure for insomnia.
Hour and a half for football two hours for commercials...

The Chiefs had two Prime Time games in a row. Fantastic games

I am not saying they are boring, but this week’s match ups were a joke. I am not going to watch the Pats murder the Bills on MNF.

I am pretty excited that the Steelers beat the Ravens today. One more division game left against the Bengals.

On Sirius college football this morning, there was a discussion about the fact that NFL viewership is significantly down (11%+) while college football viewership has slightly grown.

NFL ratings down 11%, College football viewership up. Why do you think that is? : CFB
College football is a significantly more interesting game to watch.

Yes it is except this game between NO and LA is pretty damn good.

It’s a shootout.

On Sirius college football this morning, there was a discussion about the fact that NFL viewership is significantly down (11%+) while college football viewership has slightly grown.

NFL ratings down 11%, College football viewership up. Why do you think that is? : CFB
College football is a significantly more interesting game to watch.

Yes it is except this game between NO and LA is pretty damn good.

It’s a shootout.
28-14 NO

You've got to be a really stupid shyte to allow the destruction of league in which you had a Right to print money, all to appease some rabid politically correct Snowflakes.

Some can call the anger against the protests some sort of "counter Snowflake", but it doesn't matter, from a purely financial standpoint, why in the would would owners try to appease some fake outrage from soy drinkers when their fan base drink beer and hang the flag proudly outside their homes?

As I said before, they should study this in business school, "how NOT to run a profitable business". I haven't even been a fan of the NFL for years and I understand their fan base seemingly better than Executives.

You've got to be a really stupid shyte to allow the destruction of league in which you had a Right to print money, all to appease some rabid politically correct Snowflakes.

Some can call the anger against the protests some sort of "counter Snowflake", but it doesn't matter, from a purely financial standpoint, why in the would would owners try to appease some fake outrage from soy drinkers when their fan base drink beer and hang the flag proudly outside their homes?

As I said before, they should study this in business school, "how NOT to run a profitable business". I haven't even been a fan of the NFL for years and I understand their fan base seemingly better than Executives.

Thanks for yet another reason to laugh at you.

The NFL is a multi billion dollar business. They should buy Canada and do something with it.

The Saints are putting it on the Rams. Great Game. You get the feeling that the Rams will not go peacefully into the night though. I hope the OP will tell us what the ratings for tonight’s game are between Green Bay and New England.

The NFL is a multi billion dollar business. They should buy Canada and do something with it.

Owners want to make more not less. If ratings are down it means less exposure and selling of gear etc. You don't look at a league in terms of it's earnings you have to look at the earning potential and Opportunity Cost.

One sale fetched $500M less than expected. There is the potential for a drag on ownership:

NFL Sale Prices Being Hurt By League's Declining Popularity

Owners want to make more not less. If ratings are down it means less exposure and selling of gear etc. You don't look at a league in terms of it's earnings you have to look at the earning potential and Opportunity Cost.

One sale fetched $500M less than expected. There is the potential for a drag on ownership:

It will fade like all political outrages. In the meantime the crybabies will miss out on some good football to protect their sensibilities

Forum List

Back