NFL preseason attendance record in US set last night.Yahoo!!!!!

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
so much for the myth that so many here have fallen for over the years that LA is not a pro football town and is a fair weather football town as well:haha:.:muahaha::rofl::lmao:

Rams set U.S. preseason attendance record in L.A.

Lets see,the Rams have had like 13 straight losing seasons in a row yet they set an attendance record in the US for the largest crowd in pre season history last night.

These fellow LA Ram fans I know out there in hollywood hit the nail right on the head with their comments below.:up:

Funny, LA wasn't supposed to care about football... Yet we're about to have 91,000 people at a pre-season game (me included!). Pre-season! Can't wait until Saturday. The stadium better be loud!

St. Louis never showed this type of love for our rams the whole 21 years they was there but yet people from St. Louis want to say bitter shit. Fuck St. Louis our rams are back home where they should have been all alone:up:

Happy for you - we both knew this day would come and I'm glad you got to see the Rams play and win at home. Do you have season tickets?

I haven't been up to SafeCo in several years now, this post is making me want to go. The Rams will thrive now that they're back in LA.

Happy for you - we both knew this day would come and I'm glad you got to see the Rams play and win at home. Do you have season tickets?

I haven't been up to SafeCo in several years now, this post is making me want to go. The Rams will thrive now that they're back in LA.

Dude yes I AM an LA Ram fan but I DONT even live in california.:biggrin: so no you wont see me getting season tickets. :lmao:

My story of becoming an "LA" Ram fan is very unique and interesting. I live in the midwest so growing up I LOVED the Kansas City Royals and loved watching them However I NEVER liked the chiefs.I rooted against them each week.The only time I ever liked the Chiefs was when Joe Montana was with them.Thats it.

So since I loved football,the Rams were always my favorite NFL team growing up.The two reasons why they were my favorite was because 1- .They had the coolest looking uniforms in the country bar none. I am glad they got rid of the LA colors when they moved to stank louis.stank louis did not deserve those awesome looking colors. 2-Because they played in LA. california has always been my favorite state so even with the cool looking uniforms,had they never left clevealnd which is where they were originally from,no way in hell would i have become a Rams fan. I am a big HUGE movie buff as well so them playing in LA is WHY i was a fan of the Rams.

so after they left LA, I lost complete interest in the NFL.when they moved to st louis,I did the same thing with the Rams the last 21 years I did with the Raiders when they were in LA.I so much hated the Raiders when they were in LA i rooted for them to lose each week. I did the same with the Rams the last 21 years. I cant think of a more stupid and childish name for a football team worse than st louis Rams. How asinine can you get?:mad:

You are right that they will thrive now that they are back in LA where they belong.:thup:

Had they played that game in st louis,they would have given up after halftime and they NEVER would have scored that winning touchdown in the final two minutes like that.they would have packed it in. players could not get excited about having to play in a depressing dome in st louis like they were having to do each week in front of half empty stadiums where the opposing fans always greatly outnumbered the home team fans.:D

California has a lot of cowboy fans there so you heard a few loud cheers when they scored,wont happen next week when they play the chiefs though.you will only see a handful or so of chiefs fans there for sure.

I was surprised to learn that I am not the only poster on here who is not a fan of their hometown team.there is another as well. Montrovent lives on the east coast-"err i mean the LEAST coast.:biggrin:" and even though that is the case,he is a forty niners fan.

Back then when the NFL was on,they did not have direct tv or NFL TODAY or what not where you can watch your team so it was usually on monday night football games where that was the only time i got to watch the Rams. I always loved the monday night showdowns between them and the niners when they had joe montana.That was quite a treat catching that california rivalry of joe montana,jerry rice,and ronnie lott play against the rams and jim everett,flipper anderson and eric dickerson. man those were the days. after the Rams left LA,that rivalry dissapeard because nobody cared about an SF/ST LOUIS football matchup.:rolleyes::mad:

I plan on getting those games and buying them.

when the Rams left LA,just so you know,I switched to the chargers.The being a california team and all and their colors they wear are similiar to the Rams. But It hasnt been the same though.

As much as I love the chargers,I dont live in die with them each week like I always did with the Rams.I did not get excited for the whole week leading up the game every week as I always did with the Rams.Its just not the same.

Last edited:
I heard a rumor that after the Cowboys ran back the opening kickoff there was a petition being circulated in the stands for the Lambs to move back to St Louis...any thing to confirm this?

so much for the myth that so many here have fallen for over the years that LA is not a pro football town and is a fair weather football town as well:haha:.:muahaha::rofl::lmao:

Lets see,the Rams have had like 13 straight losing seasons in a row yet they set an attendance record in the US for the largest crowd in pre season history last night.

These fellow LA Ram fans I know out there in hollywood hit the nail right on the head with their comments below.:up:

Funny, LA wasn't supposed to care about football... Yet we're about to have 91,000 people at a pre-season game (me included!). Pre-season! Can't wait until Saturday. The stadium better be loud!

St. Louis never showed this type of love for our rams the whole 21 years they was there but yet people from St. Louis want to say bitter shit. Fuck St. Louis our rams are back home where they should have been all alone:up:

Lol by October you will be lucky if 2,000 show up

I heard a rumor that after the Cowboys ran back the opening kickoff there was a petition being circulated in the stands for the Lambs to move back to St Louis...any thing to confirm this?

Im surprised you of all people had the guts to even show your face on this thread since all I heard from you the past two years was how the Rams were never coming back to LA despite how it was so obvious they were even a CHILD could have seen the obvious.

how much crack were you doing that whole time the past two years?
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

thanks for showing the whole world what a hypocrite you are.You always say I am negative all the time,if THAT wasnt being mr negative ignoring facts and being too arrogant to admit you were proven wrong as I said you would two years ago,then I dont know what to say.:rolleyes:

If you were talking about the Raiders and THEY had moved back to LA,then you WOULD be correct but we are not talking about the Raiders so better retract that or you will look as stupid as Antiquity has the past two years INSISTING they were never coming back even though the facts showed it was so obvious that even a CHILD could have seen it coming.:lmao:

That is the biggest BS lie that has been spread over the years that LA is not a football town. it is just not a CHARGERS or RAIDERS football town.THAT is correct.However they have always had a passionate fanbase in LA for the Rams.

The majority of the time they were in LA,they were always in the top five in league attendance.That doesnt sound like a fair weather football town to me.:biggrin: I proved that in the past,i can do so as well if you like?

Here is the proof that they have passion for the Rams but they never cared about the Raiders there even when they were a great team.

The first year the Raiders were in LA,they were coming off winning a superbowl,their final season in Oakland.. Guess how large the crowd was that attended their first game in LA? Just a little over 42,000.:biggrin:

The year the Raiders won a superbowl out there on LA,guess what the attendance was the very next year for their home opener? just a little over 44,000.:laugh:

That same year for the Rams home opener though,they had a standing room only sellout crowd of over 65,000.

The Oakland Raiders might have won a superbowl out there in LA but clearly,nobody in LA cared.:lmao::rofl::haha:

They did not care because LA is and has always been Ram country.

Here are other facts that debunk the BS propaganda that they are a fair weather football town.

I have evidence that refutes the myth that LA is a fair weather sports town.

The Chargers their first year in the NFL,they played in LA but matter of fact had to move to san diego after spending one year in LA because they could not compete with the Rams in attendance.

The chargers despite having a 8-4 record and making to the divisional round playoffs that year,only averaged crowds of around 10,000 or so with the highest being around 20,000.

The Rams on the other hand that same year,even though they they had a losing season that same year going 4-8, their average season attendance that year had crowds as high as 63 to 77,000 which was ABOVE THE AVERAGE NFL crowd attendance.

Like I said,they were almost always in the top 5 in league attendance the majority of their time in LA.their lowest crowd turnouts they had that yearwhen the chargers were in LA and the chargers were great and the Rams were TERRIBLE, were around 55,000 which back THEN was the average for most other teams around the country.:)

So much for the MYTH that LA does not support winners in football.:lmao::lol::lmao::laugh:

Last edited:
so as i just proved,LA is NOTHING like st louis which IS a fair weather football town who wont support a losing team unlike LA. LA has the same passion for the Rams that Oakland has for the Raiders.The Raiders have been equally as horrible as the Rams the last 13 years or so with 13 straight losing seasons and yet they have sellouts for every home game this year and a waiting list for season tickets.

LA has the same passion for the Rams.Just none for the chargers or raiders because just like sam farmer said when talking about the Rams being back in LA during the game,the city has the history with the rams so the rams were the right fit and it is a ONE TEAM football city.he nailed it.:thup:

st louis NEVER had this kind of fan support or passion for their foobtall team other than maybe the year they went to the superbowl.thats about it.

st louis has lost TWO football teams.:biggrin:

LA only lost ONE football team. the Rams. the chargers dont count since they were there only one year. The Raiders were never LA's football team,as I just proved,LA never wanted the Raiders there.they are OAKLANDS team. so LA only lost ONE team.THE Rams and that is because that evil bitch owner murdered her husband so she could move the team to st louis.

If her husband was still alive today,the Rams never would have left LA.:rolleyes:

That evil fucking bitch woman is burning in hell right now.please direct me to her grave so i can go piss on it.:up:

Last edited:

If you were talking about the Raiders and THEY had moved back to LA,then you WOULD be correct but we are not talking about the Raiders so better retract that or you will look as stupid as Antiquity has the past two years INSISTING they were never coming back even though the facts showed it was so obvious that even a CHILD could have seen it coming.:lmao:

That is the biggest BS lie that has been spread over the years that LA is not a football town. it is just not a CHARGERS or RAIDERS football town.THAT is correct.However they have always had a passionate fanbase in LA for the Rams.

The majority of the time they were in LA,they were always in the top five in league attendance.That doesnt sound like a fair weather football town to me.:biggrin: I proved that in the past,i can do so as well if you like?

Here is the proof that they have passion for the Rams but they never cared about the Raiders there even when they were a great team.

The first year the Raiders were in LA,they were coming off winning a superbowl,their final season in Oakland.. Guess how large the crowd was that attended their first game in LA? Just a little over 42,000.:biggrin:

The year the Raiders won a superbowl out there on LA,guess what the attendance was the very next year for their home opener? just a little over 44,000.:laugh:

That same year for the Rams home opener though,they had a standing room only sellout crowd of over 65,000.

The Oakland Raiders might have won a superbowl out there in LA but clearly,nobody in LA cared.:lmao::rofl::haha:

Here are other facts that debunk the BS propaganda that they are a fair weather football town.

The Chargers their first year in the NFL,they played in LA but matter of fact had to move to san diego after spending one year in LA because they could not compete with the Rams in attendance.

The chargers despite having a 8-4 record and making to the divisional round playoffs that year,only averaged crowds of around 10,000 or so with the highest being around 20,000.

The Rams on the other hand that same year,even though they they had a losing season that same year going 4-8, their average season attendance that year had crowds as high as 63 to 77,000 which was ABOVE THE AVERAGE NFL crowd attendance.

Like I said,they were almost always in the top 5 in league attendance the majority of their time in LA.their lowest crowd turnouts they had that yearwhen the chargers were in LA and the chargers were great and the Rams were TERRIBLE, were around 55,000 which back THEN was the average for most other teams around the country.:)

So much for the MYTH that LA does not support winners in football.:lmao::lol::lmao::laugh:

Well it's good to see you enthusiast, but I remember the last time the rams played in L.A. against da bears

Da Bears. 24

La sucky rams. 0

the Rams have been 30-32 in attendance in the NFL the past 6 years.

St Louis is definitely not an NFL city. They cant accommodate a big stadium. THey need sports where the stadiums are smaller. Like baseball and hockey.

Not to mention that STL is that landlord you rent a house from that signs a lease saying they will repair the home and replace carpet during the 20 year lease. Then when the carpet gets worn out and the walls need painted the landlord doesnt return your calls. Would you want to sign another lease with that landlord again?

Well it's good to see you enthusiast, but I remember the last time the rams played in L.A. against da bears

Da Bears. 24

La sucky rams. 0

well as long as you saying FACTS,I am okay with. Its when people make the BS claim that LA has fair weather football fans that I then take issue with. as i said,LA only lost ONE team,the Rams.The chargers dont count since they were there only one year and THEIR reason for leaving was again,they could not compete with the Rams in atteandance despite having an excellent record of 8-4 and making it to the divisional round playoffs just averaging crowds of just 10,000 or so.:biggrin: where the RAMS on the other hand,despite having a losing season that year going just 4-8,had crowds as high as 77,000. That right there debunks the MYTH that LA has fair weather football fans.:lmao::lol:

and as I just got done saying,LA lost just one team the Rams.LA never wanted the raiders there in the first place as i just proved with the fact that even though their last year in oakland,they had come off winning a superbowl there,the first home game there in LA only drew a half empty stadium crowd of just over 42,000.:haha::haha::lmao::lmao::muahaha:

the proof is in the pudding win OR lose,LA has passion for the Rams and while yes they love a winner,so does everybody else,but unlike st louis,THEY dont bail on their team the minute things dont go right for them.:lol:

also as i just stated,LA lost one team the Rams.NOT because they did not support the team,but because they hated the owner who they begged to sell the team.

If her husband was still alive today that she murderered so she could move the team to stank louis,,they never would have left LA.

may that bitch rot in hell where she belongs.

Last edited:

Im surprised you of all people had the guts to even show your face on this thread since all I heard from you the past two years was how the Rams were never coming back to LA despite how it was so obvious they were even a CHILD could have seen the obvious.

thanks for showing the whole world what a hypocrite you are.You always say I am negative all the time,if THAT wasnt being mr negative ignoring facts and being too arrogant to admit you were proven wrong as I said you would two years ago,then I dont know what to say.:rolleyes:

Same ownership, same coaching staff, same results.....The Lambs and 49ers battle it out for last place in the NFC West and maybe the first draft pick which they will probably screw that up like Cleveland has done, for like for ever.

Same ownership, same coaching staff, same results.....The Lambs and 49ers battle it out for last place in the NFC West and maybe the first draft pick which they will probably screw that up like Cleveland has done, for like for ever.

correction.the LAMBS played in stank louis.the RAMS play in LA.
Fisher and the organization were not trying to win in stank louis.they purposely tanked so they could get good draft picks for LA.Had that game been in stank louis,they would have thrown in the towel after the opening kickoff and would never have been motivated to try and come back and win in the final two minutes.

Being out in LA now,they are motivated to go out and play hard..Not saying they will be in the playoffs but i would not be surprised if they had their first winning season in over 13 years.Nobody could get excited playing in that depressing dump in st louis in front of half empty crowds all the time where the opposing teams fans always greatly outnumbered the Ram fans.:biggrin:

oh wait,that game wasnt played in LA saturday night according to you ,since I was assured by you the last two years they were staying in st louis and never coming back.:blahblah::lmao:

They are giving the Lambs GM and coach contract extensions. They have finished 7-9, 6-10, 7-9, 7-9. Doesn't it excite all of you that they are bringing these guys back for another exciting 7-9 season? If they are lucky they could go 8-8,

They fixed a preseason game so the Lambs would win and the fans would continue to flock to $100 parking, and $10 beers for a 7-9 product. You fools in LA.

Good news is football is back in Los Angeles, the bad news is, it's the Lambs.

when people make the BS claim that LA has fair weather football fans that I then take issue with. as i said,LA only lost ONE team,the Rams.The chargers dont count since they were there only one year and THEIR reason for leaving was again,they could not compete with the Rams in atteandance despite having an excellent record of 8-4 and making it to the divisional round playoffs just averaging crowds of just 10,000 or so.:biggrin: where the RAMS on the other hand,despite having a losing season that year going just 4-8,had crowds as high as 77,000. That right there debunks the MYTH that LA has fair weather football fans.:lmao::lol:

and as I just got done saying,LA lost just one team theRams.LA never wanted the raiders there in the first place as i just proved with the fact that even though their last year in oakland,they had come off winning a superbowl there,the first home game there in LA only drew a half empty stadium crowd of just over 42,000.:haha::haha::lmao::lmao::muahaha:

This comment made by Al Michaels also debunks the myth that LA is not a football town.He used to be a broadcaster for Ram games out there in LA so he knows what he is talking about more than any of us do.

correction.the LAMBS played in stank louis.the RAMS play in LA.
Fisher and the organization were not trying to win in stank louis.they purposely tanked so they could get good draft picks for LA.Had that game been in stank louis,they would have thrown in the towel after the opening kickoff and would never have been motivated to try and come back and win in the final two minutes.

Being out in LA now,they are motivated to go out and play hard..Not saying they will be in the playoffs but i would not be surprised if they had their first winning season in over 13 years.Nobody could get excited playing in that depressing dump in st louis in front of half empty crowds all the time where the opposing teams fans always greatly outnumbered the Ram fans.:biggrin:

oh wait,that game wasnt played in LA saturday night according to you ,since I was assured by you the last two years they were staying in st louis and never coming back.:blahblah::lmao:

Oh brother....I nominate this the most stupidest post award of the preseason....

Forum List

Back