NFL Conference Championships next Sunday.

I think Chiefs are going to be all over the Titans. The Titans defense isn't great against the pass and their run game won't keep up.
49ers over Green Bay, the San Francisco defense should be able to handle Green Bay and their offense is better than most give them credit for. That said I'm a longtime Niner fan and I remember the days when we couldn't buy a win against the Packers. So, ya' never know. Just glad it's not Seattle.
Any combo of teams that get in the SB it should be a good game. If it's KC and SF I'll....hmm, that's a tough call.

I'm just going by their ranking. Here they are ranked 25th, not great.
NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Opponent Passing Yards per Game on TeamRankings.com

Apparently NFL rankings based purely on stats don't mean so much. I guess that's why that shitty 25th ranked team wiped the floor with the #2 and #5 ranked teams! And KC is only ranked #13! Hoo Boy. Only three days to go until the next slobberknocker.

Rankings do mean something. It's why the teams with the best records usually rank pretty high in offense and/or defense.

With that said, they still have to go out and win the game.

I think Chiefs are going to be all over the Titans. The Titans defense isn't great against the pass and their run game won't keep up.
49ers over Green Bay, the San Francisco defense should be able to handle Green Bay and their offense is better than most give them credit for. That said I'm a longtime Niner fan and I remember the days when we couldn't buy a win against the Packers. So, ya' never know. Just glad it's not Seattle.
Any combo of teams that get in the SB it should be a good game. If it's KC and SF I'll....hmm, that's a tough call.

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Opponent Passing Yards per Game on TeamRankings.com

Apparently NFL rankings based purely on stats don't mean so much. I guess that's why that shitty 25th ranked team wiped the floor with the #2 and #5 ranked teams! And KC is only ranked #13! Hoo Boy. Only three days to go until the next slobberknocker.

I love that you used "slobberknocker". Keith Jackson was the announcer who first said that, and he was the best!!

I used to watch Alabama football games with my father-in-law before he died. One year I bought his an Alabama jersey with "Slobberknocker" on the back. He wore it every game we watched. Good times.

I love that you used "slobberknocker". Keith Jackson was the announcer who first said that, and he was the best!!

I used to watch Alabama football games with my father-in-law before he died. One year I bought his an Alabama jersey with "Slobberknocker" on the back. He wore it every game we watched. Good times.
Let's just say that I serious doubt Tennessee is going to go down folding like a cheap suit for KC the way that Texas did . . .

If Kansas wants to win the Conference on Sunday, they are going to have to do it with a bloody lip, a lot of grass stains, sore ribs, bruised bodies and a lot of casualties.

Let's just say that I serious doubt Tennessee is going to go down folding like a cheap suit for KC the way that Texas did . . .

If Kansas wants to win the Conference on Sunday, they are going to have to do it with a bloody lip, a lot of grass stains, sore ribs, bruised bodies and a lot of casualties.

It's actually Kansas City Missouri. Kansas doesn't have an NFL team.

I guess you don't understand an abbreviation when you see one. Texas doesn't actually have a football team either. Neither does "Carolina." For that matter, technically, neither does New England.

I guess you don't understand an abbreviation when you see one. Texas doesn't actually have a football team either. Neither does "Carolina." For that matter, technically, neither does New England.
Kansas isn’t usually used as an abbreviation for Kansas City. KC would be the usual ;);)

Allow me to be clearer. There are no NFL teams in Kansas. Missouri had two (not anymore). Right? OK, let's move on.

Kansas isn’t usually used as an abbreviation for Kansas City. KC would be the usual ;);)

Guys, seriously. Try to control your triggered Aspergers. I really thought that since I had only been talking about The Kansas City Chiefs and the The Tennessee Titans having repeatedly used the abbreviation KC, I could mix it up a little bit, linguistically speaking, by saying "Kansas" just one time and save myself the "City" here without starting a major debate and English lesson! :rolleyes:

I should have known better.

Now about those Boston Patriots . . .

Guys, seriously. Try to control your triggered Aspergers. I really thought that since I had only been talking about The Kansas City Chiefs and the The Tennessee Titans having repeatedly used the abbreviation KC, I could mix it up a little bit, linguistically speaking, by saying "Kansas" just one time and save myself the "City" here without starting a major debate and English lesson! :rolleyes:

It's not a major point, it's just not Kansas.

Go Titans! I'm really hoping for an upset.

They do look pretty tough...

upload_2020-1-16_19-26-2.jpeg

Sure it is. Kansas is a subset / abbreviation of Kansas City, just as KC or even K is. When I said Kansas, did you think I was referring to some other team? There are only FOUR teams playing anymore and Kansas City is the only one I know of with the word "Kansas" in it.

But I get it. Your anal-retentiveness just could not let it pass without pointing out that the Chiefs are headquarters in Kansas City Missouri, even though no one was talking about geography and there is also a Kansas City Kansas, which is all part of the same metropolitan area on the border between the two states separated by the Missouri River.

Maybe I should have just said Missouri, or the Missouri Chiefs, then there could not have been any misunderstanding.

Sure it is. Kansas is a subset / abbreviation of Kansas City, just as KC or even K is. When I said Kansas, did you think I was referring to some other team? There are only FOUR teams playing anymore and Kansas City is the only one I know of with the word "Kansas" in it.

But I get it. Your anal-retentiveness just could not let it pass without pointing out that the Chiefs are headquarters in Kansas City Missouri, even though no one was talking about geography and there is also a Kansas City Kansas, which is all part of the same metropolitan area on the border between the two states separated by the Missouri River.

Maybe I should have just said Missouri, or the Missouri Chiefs, then there could not have been any misunderstanding.

Dude, I'm just saying the Chiefs play in Kansas City Missouri, not Kansas City Kansas and nobody calls them 'Kansas' as an abbreviation. I don't really want to debate the point I just thought you thought they were from a different state and the more you reply the more I'm sure of it.

Dude, I'm just saying the Chiefs play in Kansas City Missouri, not Kansas City Kansas and nobody calls them 'Kansas' as an abbreviation. I don't really want to debate the point I just thought you thought they were from a different state and the more you reply the more I'm sure of it.

No, I'm pretty sure you have Aspergers. That's why you cannot let it go. There is no rule saying you can't refer to Kansas City simply as Kansas, especially when you were only talking about two teams that being one of them! And the topic of states never even entered into the discussion.

I guess its a good thing I didn't call Tennessee the Tits.

No, I'm pretty sure you have Aspergers. That's why you cannot let it go. There is no rule saying you can't refer to Kansas City simply as Kansas, especially when you were only talking about two teams that being one of them! And the topic of states never even entered into the discussion.

Like I said, I have no idea if you knew what state the Chiefs play in and I've never heard them called Kansas. :21: But whatever.

Like I said, I have no idea if you knew what state the Chiefs play in and I've never heard them called Kansas. :21: But whatever.

You’re right, he’s wrong.

Are you aware that the New York Giants practice and play their home games in East Rutherford, New Jersey?

The next time someone refers to the New York Giants in a conversation as NY, you should make sure and tell them. Several times, if necessary.

Are you aware that the New York Giants practice and play their home games in East Rutherford, New Jersey?

The next time someone refers to the New York Giants in a conversation as NY, you should make sure and tell them. Several times, if necessary.

That's neat. The Oakland A's spring training is in Arizona, but who cares?The Chiefs are still not the Kansas Chiefs.

Not sure why this is such a big deal.

That's neat. The Oakland A's spring training is in Arizona, but who cares?The Chiefs are still not the Kansas Chiefs.

Not sure why this is such a big deal.

Like I said, tell them several times if necessary.

Forum List

Back