Next to being old Diabetes was probably next biggest risk factor

I worked as an MRI technologist in the VA Hospital in Jackson, MS. for a few years and part of our pre-exam screening included a question about diabetes. Among the Vets we saw, old, young, black, white didn't matter, about 70-75% were diabetic. Type 1 was rarer than type 2 but most of the men and women we saw had it and usually, they were also overweight or obese. That might actually be as deadly even without the diabetes.

I worked as an MRI technologist in the VA Hospital in Jackson, MS. for a few years and part of our pre-exam screening included a question about diabetes. Among the Vets we saw, old, young, black, white didn't matter, about 70-75% were diabetic. Type 1 was rarer than type 2 but most of the men and women we saw had it and usually, they were also overweight or obese. That might actually be as deadly even without the diabetes.
My father and I both have it, I have been vaccinated, he has not and pretty much done what he wanted to. I guess we will see if he was smarter. Being a recent open heart surgery patient, he was worried about unknown effects. I support his decision.

My father and I both have it, I have been vaccinated, he has not and pretty much done what he wanted to. I guess we will see if he was smarter. Being a recent open heart surgery patient, he was worried about unknown effects. I support his decision.

I wish nothing but the best for you and your father.

Forum List

Back