Next... Anchor Babies.

Actually, my family immigrated here in accordance with American law at various points in history. Should I ever choose to immigrate elsewhere, I shall do so in accordance with their laws. Anyone coming here is expected to do the same or be shot trying to cross the border (why else are they trying to sneak in undetected, unless they're criminals- drug runners or terrorists?)

Most aren't drug runners or terroristst.

Really?

All of them are criminals and a great many can't be identified. You must have evidence that the majority have been identified, in order to identify the majority as non-drug runners and non-terrorists.

The same argument applies to your claim.

Considering that most illegals keep a low profile, hold jobs etc etc - it's hard to imagine that they are all terrorists and drug runners.

Maybe you can back up this huge number that are "terrorists" with some numbers?

Looks like Arizona legislators aren't done yet;
Arizona's Next Immigration Target: Children of Illegals - Yahoo! News

Anchor babies" isn't a very endearing term, but in Arizona those are the words being used to tag children born in the U.S. to illegal immigrants. While not new, the term is increasingly part of the local vernacular because the primary authors of the nation's toughest and most controversial immigration law are targeting these tots - the legal weights that anchor many undocumented aliens in the U.S. - for their next move.

Buoyed by recent public opinion polls suggesting they're on the right track with illegal immigration, Arizona Republicans will likely introduce legislation this fall that would deny birth certificates to children born in Arizona - and thus American citizens according to the U.S. Constitution - to parents who are not legal U.S. citizens. The law largely is the brainchild of state Sen. Russell Pearce, a Republican whose suburban district, Mesa, is considered the conservative bastion of the Phoenix political scene. He is a leading architect of the Arizona law that sparked outrage throughout the country: Senate Bill 1070, which allows law enforcement officers to ask about someone's immigration status during a traffic stop, detainment or arrest if reasonable suspicion exists - things like poor English skills, acting nervous or avoiding eye contact during a traffic stop.

So is Arizona going to far or is this another step in the right direction?

Unless I'm missing something (which I may be because the link won't load for me) from what I've been able to read of this article, this is an opinion piece. It has not one single quote from any law maker in Arizona. Sounds to me like someone is just trying to pile on Arizona and is stating their opinion as if it's a foregone conclusion.

Rick

Too many big words for the gate keepers froggy. Too complex an issue. Maybe if you could apply the concept to a diagram. Don't bother submitting it before 9:30AM, or after lunch, or on Monday's, Thursdays, Fridays, or within 3 days of any Holiday.

HERE"S YOUR LOYAL AMERICANS:

4647265744_9eaf1b8aca_o.jpg

How retarded.

Find a picture depicting a minority sentiment.

Post it.

Proclaim it the majority.

And yet Mexicans represent less than 2% of the world's population.

How retarded.

Find a picture depicting a minority sentiment.

Post it.

Proclaim it the majority.

What's the point of your pointless comment?:eusa_eh:

Ah, I see what you are trying to say.

What you are doing is depicting a minority viewpoint - a small group of Mexicans and attempting to use that to represent the majority of Mexican immigrants.

What you are doing is depicting a minority viewpoint - a small group of Mexicans and attempting to use that to represent the majority of Mexican immigrants.

No. Do you think Mexicans give a damn about the other 98% of the world?

why do people like madeline hate the idea of America as a sovereign nation?

no i don't believe she does. She has empathy for the state of the conditions of other countries. She doesn't understand that THAT is not our problem or an excuse for illegal immigration and the use of anchor babies to stay here illegally.

syrenn, it's one hell of an assumption that anyone who does not denigrate the citizenship of a child born here to illegal aliens is somehow less patriotic than you are. The children do pose serious problems and I don't claim to have all the answers -- except that I think dumping American citizens into a third world country is wrong.

They are citizens, just as you are. All this bellyaching about what to do about the assault of illegals on Americans CANNOT begin to be debated by selecting "unwanted" American citizens to eject, especially not children. I'm not overly fond of some of the neighbor's kidlets, but I wouldn't dream of suggesting we deport them.

No. Do you think Mexicans give a damn about the other 98% of the world?

What's your point - you claimed the picture represented "loyal Americans".

no i don't believe she does. She has empathy for the state of the conditions of other countries. She doesn't understand that THAT is not our problem or an excuse for illegal immigration and the use of anchor babies to stay here illegally.

syrenn, it's one hell of an assumption that anyone who does not denigrate the citizenship of a child born here to illegal aliens is somehow less patriotic than you are. The children do pose serious problems and I don't claim to have all the answers -- except that I think dumping American citizens into a third world country is wrong.

They are citizens, just as you are. All this bellyaching about what to do about the assault of illegals on Americans CANNOT begin to be debated by selecting "unwanted" American citizens to eject, especially not children. I'm not overly fond of some of the neighbor's kidlets, but I wouldn't dream of suggesting we deport them.

Do you think Mexicans cared about how many innocent children were killed during WW2?

Looks like Arizona legislators aren't done yet;
Arizona's Next Immigration Target: Children of Illegals - Yahoo! News

Anchor babies" isn't a very endearing term, but in Arizona those are the words being used to tag children born in the U.S. to illegal immigrants. While not new, the term is increasingly part of the local vernacular because the primary authors of the nation's toughest and most controversial immigration law are targeting these tots - the legal weights that anchor many undocumented aliens in the U.S. - for their next move.

Buoyed by recent public opinion polls suggesting they're on the right track with illegal immigration, Arizona Republicans will likely introduce legislation this fall that would deny birth certificates to children born in Arizona - and thus American citizens according to the U.S. Constitution - to parents who are not legal U.S. citizens. The law largely is the brainchild of state Sen. Russell Pearce, a Republican whose suburban district, Mesa, is considered the conservative bastion of the Phoenix political scene. He is a leading architect of the Arizona law that sparked outrage throughout the country: Senate Bill 1070, which allows law enforcement officers to ask about someone's immigration status during a traffic stop, detainment or arrest if reasonable suspicion exists - things like poor English skills, acting nervous or avoiding eye contact during a traffic stop.

So is Arizona going to far or is this another step in the right direction?

Again, kudos to AZ!! It makes NO sense at all to give auto citiizenship to those born here of ILLEGAL parents - no sense at all!

Angelhair wrote:

Again, kudos to AZ!! It makes NO sense at all to give auto citiizenship to those born here of ILLEGAL parents - no sense at all!

Shame on Arizona. It has a platform on which to speak about the issue of illegal immigration and is willing to piss it away, pandering to racists.

syrenn wrote:

Do you think Mexicans cared about how many innocent children were killed during WW2?

I'm sure this connects in some way, but offhand I cannot see how.

Simple. A good American should think about all the people in the world that aren't getting the chance to immigrate here because Mexicans are pushing them aside and trying to become the defacto immigrant for the United States. If you can't see that, you are blind!

Most aren't drug runners or terroristst.

Really?

All of them are criminals and a great many can't be identified. You must have evidence that the majority have been identified, in order to identify the majority as non-drug runners and non-terrorists.

The same argument applies to your claim.

Considering that most illegals keep a low profile, hold jobs etc etc - it's hard to imagine that they are all terrorists and drug runners.

Maybe you can back up this huge number that are "terrorists" with some numbers?

I'd back up that 'huge number', but I'm not the one who started speaking about numbers and percentages- you are.

It's the view of all illegals. That's why they have no qualms spitting on our sovereignty and violating our borders.

They are not American citizens. They do not meet the conditions laid out in the 14th amendment.

Angelhair wrote:

Shame on Arizona. It has a platform on which to speak about the issue of illegal immigration and is willing to piss it away, pandering to racists.
Yes, clearly only vile racists who hate brown people want to enforce our borders and preserve our shivering :rolleyes:

121106-OJS_success-full.jpg

Border+Patrol+Seizes+Drugs+Illegal+Immigrants+gAUDGiw5eAXl.jpg

berserkcop2.jpg

You are 100% WRONG.

Constitutional Topic: Citizenship - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

The children of illegal immigrants are just as subject to the jurisdiction of the US as your kidlets are.

But as loyal Americans, those "Mexican" children should have their undocumented parents thrown out of the country. BUT THEY DON'T THEREFORE SHOWING THEIR LOYALTY TO A FOREIGN GOVERNMENT-MEXICO!

They are children of foreign nationals and they are not naturalized as American nationals, hence not meeting the criteria laid out in the 14th and not being conferred citizenship upon birth

What 'Subject to the Jurisdiction Thereof' Really Means

reputation_neg.gif
Next... Anchor Babies. 06-11-2010 03:01 PM Madeline Preponderous, xenophobic, racist bullshit.

So the Constitution is preponderous (?) bullshit? :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back