Newsome's Family Funded DeSantis' Campaign

"Newsom's father-in-law Kenneth Siebel has a long history of making donations to GOP candidates..."

Oh, for the love of God, his in-laws didn't "fund DeSanis' campaign". They made a contribution, and they made a contribution which is not at all out of line with contributions they've made in the past.

I have family members who are liberal. While they are monumentally important in my life, they know if they ever ran for office they wouldn't get a dime in contributions from me; we just disagree politically on far too many issues. Contributing to their opponents, who I agree with politically, doesn't mean I don't love them and care deeply for them. It simply means that I don;t want to see them achieve elective office.

I'm a strong DeSantis supporter, but the OP is being a bit of a drama queen here...

"Newsom's father-in-law Kenneth Siebel has a long history of making donations to GOP candidates..."

Oh, for the love of God, his in-laws didn't "fund DeSanis' campaign". They made a contribution, and they made a contribution which is not at all out of line with contributions they've made in the past.

I have family members who are liberal. While they are monumentally important in my life, they know if they ever ran for office they wouldn't get a dime in contributions from me; we just disagree politically on far too many issues. Contributing to their opponents, who I agree with politically, doesn't mean I don't love them and care deeply for them. It simply means that I don;t want to see them achieve elective office.

I'm a strong DeSantis supporter, but the OP is being a bit of a drama queen here...
Giving a candidate money is funding their campaign.

Giving a candidate money is funding their campaign.

I suppose it is, technically.

But your post contains a level of glee which would make one believe that his in-laws are sitting in a dark room somewhere writing a never-ending checks to to support DeSantis.

I have a friend who ran for local office in California about 20 years ago. He didn't have much money, so his family gave him a shit-ton of it in the way of campaign contributions, money for campaign offices, signs, office personnel, etc.

To me, that's "funding" a campaign...

I suppose it is, technically.

But your post contains a level of glee which would make one believe that his in-laws are sitting in a dark room somewhere writing a never-ending checks to to support DeSantis.

I have a friend who ran for local office in California about 20 years ago. He didn't have much money, so his family gave him a shit-ton of it in the way of campaign contributions, money for campaign offices, signs, office personnel, etc.

To me, that's "funding" a campaign...
You take my post anyway you want to. Thanks for your personal insight / opinion.

Forum List

Back