NEWSMAX IS BACK ON DIRECTTV---as of TODAY

AquaAthena

America First...MAGA
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 16, 2010
Central Coast
Great news as of yesterday, Wednesday. Newsmax and DirectTV have come to an agreement and now the 30 million subscribers that were dropped by DirectTV, when they canceled Newsmax, have a place to hear conservative news and voices once again and for a long time to come. Hooray!

Great news as of yesterday, Wednesday. Newsmax and DirectTV have come to an agreement and now the 30 million subscribers that were dropped by DirectTV, when they canceled Newsmax, have a place to hear conservative news and voices once again and for a long time to come. Hooray!

The left's desperate attempts at censorship foiled again!

The left's desperate attempts at censorship foiled again!
...or....Newmax's attempt to get paid more failed miserably and they crawled back to Direct~

“This deal marks the end of a months-long carriage dispute that stemmed from financial differences with Newsmax and is ending with an agreement that comes at no additional cost to our customers,” a DirecTV representative told The Daily Beast on Wednesday. “It has always been our desire to provide Newsmax, and never about limiting conservative voices, a view that Newsmax now recognizes and accepts.”
The representative added: “The terms of the renewal—which includes a multi-year distribution deal—were not disclosed.”
DirecTV had carried Newsmax for free (and was initially paid a fee by the network) since the channel’s launch in 2014. During the latest negotiation, Newsmax was looking for a new deal that would potentially pay the network tens of millions of dollars a year.

A Newsmax spokesperson said in a statement that while the network had “raised the issue of censorship relating to our removal, we now believe in DIRECTV‘s commitment to distributing diverse viewpoints, including conservative ones.” Additionally, the spokesperson stated that the carrier “has made clear during our negotiations” that they were mostly focused on rising programming costs and “never intended to limit one perspective or to target conservative voices.”

...or....Newmax's attempt to get paid more failed miserably and they crawled back to Direct~

“This deal marks the end of a months-long carriage dispute that stemmed from financial differences with Newsmax and is ending with an agreement that comes at no additional cost to our customers,” a DirecTV representative told The Daily Beast on Wednesday. “It has always been our desire to provide Newsmax, and never about limiting conservative voices, a view that Newsmax now recognizes and accepts.”
The representative added: “The terms of the renewal—which includes a multi-year distribution deal—were not disclosed.”
DirecTV had carried Newsmax for free (and was initially paid a fee by the network) since the channel’s launch in 2014. During the latest negotiation, Newsmax was looking for a new deal that would potentially pay the network tens of millions of dollars a year.

A Newsmax spokesperson said in a statement that while the network had “raised the issue of censorship relating to our removal, we now believe in DIRECTV‘s commitment to distributing diverse viewpoints, including conservative ones.” Additionally, the spokesperson stated that the carrier “has made clear during our negotiations” that they were mostly focused on rising programming costs and “never intended to limit one perspective or to target conservative voices.”
A welcomed compromise, either way.

BIG NEWS or WGAFF?

I take the latter.

Vision me shrugging... Why pay for it?
Exactly. Newsmax is FREE everywhere. During those "almost two months" it was removed from DirecTV I streamed it via Roku. I don't have DirecTV. Millions of others do though and now they can watch all their future President Trump rallies!

:TH_WAY~113: :up:

Last edited:
Exactly. Newsmax is everywhere. During those "almost two months" it was removed from DirecTV I streamed it via Roku. I don't have DirecTV. Millions of others do though and now they can watch all their future president Trump rallies!

:TH_WAY~113: :up:
Sure seems to be a BIG DEAL TO YOU

So Newsmax caved and decided the exposure was worth more than the money they were demanding they be paid. LOL.

So Newsmax caved and decided the exposure was worth more than the money they were demanding they be paid. LOL.
LOL....who said Newsmax caved?

DirecTV was in dire straights. It is said when they dropped Newsmax they lost 7% of their revenue which results in 10 million dollars, but who knows for sure. You decide. I think it cost them dearly to try to silence conservative voices.

LOL....who said Newsmax caved?

DirecTV was in dire straights. It is said when they dropped Newsmax they lost 7% of their revenue which results in 10 million dollars, but who knows for sure. You decide. I think it cost them dearly to try to silence conservative voices.

LOL. OMG. The narrative goal posting moving never ends. Newsmax wanted a bigger payout and DT said no. So Newsmax came crawling back...in the end, it was all about the money, not "silencing" a third tier "television" station run by and viewed by a bunch of whack-a-doodles. :auiqs.jpg:

LOL. OMG. The narrative goal posting moving never ends. Newsmax wanted a bigger payout and DT said no. So Newsmax came crawling back...in the end, it was all about the money, not "silencing" a third tier "television" station run by and viewed by a bunch of whack-a-doodles. :auiqs.jpg:
:link:

DT said "no" at first and then saw their shareholders cancel to the tune of about 10 million dollars ( 7% reportedly ) and then both sides came back to the table and renegotiated. DT had already silenced OAN's free speech and all that was left is Fox which is moving left, drawing liberals ( so they left them on ) and Newsmax. The remaining channels were all small liberal ones.

And the hosts are all-stars. They are growing like gangbusters and had been with DT for almost ten years. DT saw the power of the people with the last almost two months of public pressure to put them back on and they did. Both sides came to an agreement. The whole thing was about canceling free speech even though DT denies that. But both sides are happy now and the 30 million subscribers DT canceled are probably too.
Read my link in post 17.

Win/Win

Last edited:

Forum List

Back