New York’s ‘Homecoming’ concert was a washout. Is this a metaphor for the city’s recovery from the pandemic?

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Quite fitting for New York! :laugh:

By the way, it get's even funnier: "Barry Manilow’s high-energy performance" :laughing0301:

DISPATCHES FROM A PANDEMIC
At the start of the star-filled “Homecoming” concert in New York’s Central Park on Saturday evening, Gayle King pointed out to the crowd of tens of thousands that the sun finally appeared on what had been an otherwise cloudy day. “We’re going to party, New York-style,” said the CBS television personality.

wash out…seems to perfectly highlight what the dems have done to NY

Quite fitting for New York! :laugh:

By the way, it get's even funnier: "Barry Manilow’s high-energy performance" :laughing0301:

We are refusing to learn lessons from the pandemic and from the riots/racial tension. Unnecessary population density is a double threat in terms of conditions ripe for viruses and violence , the former of which is made worse by dependence upon mass transit.
And yet neither party nor their media addresses this.

It was hurricane. Duh. The artists were there to encourage NYC, one of the greatest cities in the world. I find this thing of disparaging American cities to be totally ridiculous. Cities are where most of the people are. Duh. My ancestors go back there at least to the 1840s. My parents met in the Waldorf Astoria. I grew up with Radio City, the Rockettes, the art shows in Greenwich Village, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Lincoln Center, Madison Square Garden, Lord & Taylor's, Macy's, Altman's. One of my grandmothers was born on Houston Street. Somewhere I saw a photo of Springsteen, maybe age 18, posing seriously in front of the Cafe Wha?

When someone brings up "American culture," this is what I think of. This is what I know it to be.

Ironic that one of the longest serving NY governors is forced to resign in disgrace at the same time as "homecoming". What were they thinking. Is Barry Manilow still alive?

If the show went on any way no matter how bad the weather was, obviously certain people in this country have learned absolutely nothing from what took plate before a Sugarland concert back in 2009 I believe it was. Go here for the google news search.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back