New York Times’ Boldfaced Lies About Joe Wilson

Nice ASSumption.

No, I don't read Democratic Underground. I've actually never been to the website. From what I've heard its just a site with an obviously lefty bias. Unlike you, I don't like bias at all, as opposed to preferring only bias that agreed with me.

You sound like a real Happy person...:thup:

Are you crazy??

I am sick and tired of assholes like you thinking you can go vote and then harm other people and justify your actions and the actions of those who represent you simply because you prevailed in an election one day out of the year. The Wilson's had a right to their day in court and when the jury came back with a guilty verdict on the charge of obstruction of justice they got that day in court and when the Judge handed down Libby's sentence on the charge of obstruction of justice they received some sort of justice but the moment Bush took it upon himself to commute Libby's sentence he violated their rights. Why even bother going through legal channels if at the end of the day they do not matter unless the President wants them to matter? The pathetic thing is that the Wilson's are left with a bitter taste in their mouths. I do not doubt that they feel angry and betrayed because now they have an understanding of just how much of a waste of time it was for them to stand up for their rights. Here, you have a woman whose career ended because her husband chose to exercise his fundamental right. This incident demonstrates just how pathetic the Bush Administration is. Like I said, "Why even bother going through legal channels if at the end of the day they do not matter..."

In the words of de Toqueville, "A majority taken collectively is only an individual, whose opinions, and frequently whose interests, are opposed to those of another individual, who is styled a minority. If it be admitted that a man possessing absolute power may misuse that power by wronging his adversaries, why should not a majority be liable to the same reproach? Men do not change their characters by uniting with one another; nor does their patience in the presence of obstacles increase with their strength. For my own part, I cannot believe it; the power to do everything, which I should refuse to one of my equals, I will never grant to any number of them."

Here, a jury of Libby's peers found him guilty of obstruction of justice and a Judge sentenced him and Bush thinking he and those whom he represents are above the law decided to ignore our legal process and to commute his buddy Libby's sentence. This is a concept you do not understand and you may think that you and Georgie have the right to violate the rights of others but you do not. Your collective actions are the individual actions of individual tyrants and therefore your collective actions are no different than those of dictators.

I am sick and tired of assholes like you thinking you can go vote and then harm other people and justify your actions and the actions of those who represent you simply because you prevailed in an election one day out of the year. The Wilson's had a right to their day in court and when the jury came back with a guilty verdict on the charge of obstruction of justice they got that day in court and when the Judge handed down Libby's sentence on the charge of obstruction of justice they received some sort of justice but the moment Bush took it upon himself to commute Libby's sentence he violated their rights. Why even bother going through legal channels if at the end of the day they do not matter unless the President wants them to matter? The pathetic thing is that the Wilson's are left with a bitter taste in their mouths. I do not doubt that they feel angry and betrayed because now they have an understanding of just how much of a waste of time it was for them to stand up for their rights. Here, you have a woman whose career ended because her husband chose to exercise his fundamental right. This incident demonstrates just how pathetic the Bush Administration is. Like I said, "Why even bother going through legal channels if at the end of the day they do not matter..."

In the words of de Toqueville, "A majority taken collectively is only an individual, whose opinions, and frequently whose interests, are opposed to those of another individual, who is styled a minority. If it be admitted that a man possessing absolute power may misuse that power by wronging his adversaries, why should not a majority be liable to the same reproach? Men do not change their characters by uniting with one another; nor does their patience in the presence of obstacles increase with their strength. For my own part, I cannot believe it; the power to do everything, which I should refuse to one of my equals, I will never grant to any number of them."

Here, a jury of Libby's peers found him guilty of obstruction of justice and a Judge sentenced him and Bush thinking he and those whom he represents are above the law decided to ignore our legal process and to commute his buddy Libby's sentence. This is a concept you do not understand and you may think that you and Georgie have the right to violate the rights of others but you do not. Your collective actions are the individual actions of individual tyrants and therefore your collective actions are no different than those of dictators.

Feel better?:eusa_boohoo:

Eddie suffers from Bush Derangement Syndrome

There is no hope for him

I'm just glad I didn't suffer this much.....when we had Bj Clinton in office for eight yrs.....I would never let a politician disrupt my life.........that much....:

Good grief......I knew ....eventually he would be........gone..:eusa_dance:

The best part about the discussion of the CIA leak case, is that most people don't even know the real reason Plame was outed.

The story about discrediting Wilson, in retaliation for his efforts in Niger was a bogus cover story that the NY Times ran with to give the American public a less harmful reason to blame Bush and Cheney, which would have happened regardless. No matter what, they outed an undercover CIA agent, and that's a crime.

Most of you don't know about the company called 'Brewster-Jennings & Associates'. That company was a CIA-created "front" company that took many years to establish overseas. Their main purpose was the tracking of N-B-C (WMD) weapons proliferation internationally. Valerie Plame was an agent that worked undercover for this company, and she also helped establish it.

They intercepted a convoy carrying VX nerve gas in Turkey that was being shipped into Iraq, to use as evidence of Saddam's alleged WMD possession.

Valerie Plame was easy to retaliate against, because her husband happened to be a US Ambassador. He was sent to Niger so that he could prove the Yellow Cake story false, and then be used as the reason why the administration outed Plame.

The administration not only ruined Plame's career, not only put her life in jeopardy by doing so, but ultimately destroyed one of the most important covert organizations that tracks the spread of WMD's around the world.

It takes a long time...many years...to establish a covert front organization within an intelligence agency.

The national security of the United States was drastically compromised by this action, and the people involved in this scandal deserve nothing less than the maximum possible sentence for treason. A very important organization was ruined.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_crede_ca_070306_plame_s_brewster_jen.htm

If you don't believe me, do some research about Brewster-Jennings & Associates.

Please stop letting the corporate media control your perception of actual reality...they have an agenda that doesn't meet the needs of the American People.

For those who wonder why the mainstream media wouldn't cover a story like this, you don't really understand politics. The corporations that provide us with our mainstream media news (ABC/Disney, G.E., NewsCorp, and Viacom) are profitting immensely from this war...not to mention the Defense contractors that crony up with the media corporations.

Wake up America, PLEASE.

Feel better?:eusa_boohoo:

You want some more time out, Edward? That's where you're heading. I'm sick of your stupid insults, and having to answer to all the complaints every time you open your filthy suck.

Either get some manners or you're gone. And if I move a post or a thread again and you repost it, consider THIS the only warning you get.

Gunny

The best part about the discussion of the CIA leak case, is that most people don't even know the real reason Plame was outed.

The story about discrediting Wilson, in retaliation for his efforts in Niger was a bogus cover story that the NY Times ran with to give the American public a less harmful reason to blame Bush and Cheney, which would have happened regardless. No matter what, they outed an undercover CIA agent, and that's a crime.

Most of you don't know about the company called 'Brewster-Jennings & Associates'. That company was a CIA-created "front" company that took many years to establish overseas. Their main purpose was the tracking of N-B-C (WMD) weapons proliferation internationally. Valerie Plame was an agent that worked undercover for this company, and she also helped establish it.

They intercepted a convoy carrying VX nerve gas in Turkey that was being shipped into Iraq, to use as evidence of Saddam's alleged WMD possession.

Valerie Plame was easy to retaliate against, because her husband happened to be a US Ambassador. He was sent to Niger so that he could prove the Yellow Cake story false, and then be used as the reason why the administration outed Plame.

The administration not only ruined Plame's career, not only put her life in jeopardy by doing so, but ultimately destroyed one of the most important covert organizations that tracks the spread of WMD's around the world.

It takes a long time...many years...to establish a covert front organization within an intelligence agency.

The national security of the United States was drastically compromised by this action, and the people involved in this scandal deserve nothing less than the maximum possible sentence for treason. A very important organization was ruined.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_crede_ca_070306_plame_s_brewster_jen.htm

If you don't believe me, do some research about Brewster-Jennings & Associates.

Please stop letting the corporate media control your perception of actual reality...they have an agenda that doesn't meet the needs of the American People.

For those who wonder why the mainstream media wouldn't cover a story like this, you don't really understand politics. The corporations that provide us with our mainstream media news (ABC/Disney, G.E., NewsCorp, and Viacom) are profitting immensely from this war...not to mention the Defense contractors that crony up with the media corporations.

Wake up America, PLEASE.

Another kook left conspiracy went up in flames when nobody was charged with "outing" this CIA paper pusher.

However, facts never get in the way of liberal talking points

Another kook left conspiracy went up in flames when nobody was charged with "outing" this CIA paper pusher.

However, facts never get in the way of liberal talking points

Because no one besides Libby was charged, it means that a crime wasn't commited?

I don't understand your logic, RSR.

And when are you going to get the picture that I'm not a liberal? Not supporting the Bush administration doesn't make you a liberal.

You would definitely make a great Fox News contributor though, i have to admit.

And that doesn't mean I watch CNN. I don't trust corporate media.

Have you ever investigated ANYTHING beyond what your trusted news channel reports? Or do you just blindly accept whatever the mainstream media spoon feeds you?

You want some more time out, Edward? That's where you're heading. I'm sick of your stupid insults, and having to answer to all the complaints every time you open your filthy suck.

Either get some manners or you're gone. And if I move a post or a thread again and you repost it, consider THIS the only warning you get.

Gunny

Where did that come from?

Because no one besides Libby was charged, it means that a crime wasn't commited?

I don't understand your logic, RSR.

And when are you going to get the picture that I'm not a liberal? Not supporting the Bush administration doesn't make you a liberal.

You would definitely make a great Fox News contributor though, i have to admit.

And that doesn't mean I watch CNN. I don't trust corporate media.

Have you ever investigated ANYTHING beyond what your trusted news channel reports? Or do you just blindly accept whatever the mainstream media spoon feeds you?

Since libs are spreading the lie he leaked the ID of the CIA paper pusher yet nobody was charged

I am pointing out the facts - no crime was committed - yet Dems and the liberal media have invented one

Since libs are spreading the lie he leaked the ID of the CIA paper pusher yet nobody was charged

I am pointing out the facts - no crime was committed - yet Dems and the liberal media have invented one

Who said she was just a paper pusher? Your favorite "conservative" news outlet? I'd really like to know how you came to this conclusion.

And since someone was convicted by a jury, how, pray tell, was a crime not committed? I understand that in the United States legal process, sometimes people who haven't committed a crime still get convicted of one...but tell us how in this case, a crime was not committed.

Who said she was just a paper pusher? Your favorite "conservative" news outlet? I'd really like to know how you came to this conclusion.

And since someone was convicted by a jury, how, pray tell, was a crime not committed? I understand that in the United States legal process, sometimes people who haven't committed a crime still get convicted of one...but tell us how in this case, a crime was not committed.

Libs and the liberal media are saying Scooter "outed" Plame - he did not

She was not covert

Scooter was convicted of having a different memory of a conversation he had several years ago then reporters did

Libs did not have a problem with Clinton PARDONED convicted terrorists - but have a cow when Pres Bush removes ONLY the jail time and lets the conviction stand

Libs and the liberal media are saying Scooter "outed" Plame - he did not

She was not covert

Scooter was convicted of having a different memory of a conversation he had several years ago then reporters did

Libs did not have a problem with Clinton PARDONED convicted terrorists - but have a cow when Pres Bush removes ONLY the jail time and lets the conviction stand
She was a Classified Under CIA cover, Intelligence Officer for the most secretive department of the CIA.

Libby was convicted for making up a lie about how he learned about valerie plame working for the dept in the CIA that sent wilson to niger, MANY DIFFERENT TIMES.

Evidence was introduced in the trial that showed the vp being consumed with wilson/plame before novak's outing and Libby releasing this classified information to judith miller BEFORE Rove and Armitage told novak, per the direction of the vp.

Libby lied in his testimony under oath, and left all of his meetings and discussions with the vp out of his testimony.

in addition to this, it was shown as evidence in the trial that he INTENTIONALLY OBSTRUCTED JUSTICE, in the outing of Plame's investigation.

the jury found him GUILTY, BEYOND a reasonable doubt.

His first lie took place in october, with fbi investigators, sending them on a wild goose chase, with his lies. This was just 4 months after the plame outing, surely he was not that forgetful, when it took up most of his time with the vp on it?

She was a Classified Under CIA cover, Intelligence Officer for the most secretive department of the CIA.

Libby was convicted for making up a lie about how he learned about valerie plame working for the dept in the CIA that sent wilson to niger, MANY DIFFERENT TIMES.

Evidence was introduced in the trial that showed the vp being consumed with wilson/plame before novak's outing and Libby releasing this classified information to judith miller BEFORE Rove and Armitage told novak, per the direction of the vp.

Libby lied in his testimony under oath, and left all of his meetings and discussions with the vp out of his testimony.

in addition to this, it was shown as evidence in the trial that he INTENTIONALLY OBSTRUCTED JUSTICE, in the outing of Plame's investigation.

the jury found him GUILTY, BEYOND a reasonable doubt.

His first lie took place in october, with fbi investigators, sending them on a wild goose chase, with his lies. This was just 4 months after the plame outing, surely he was not that forgetful, when it took up most of his time with the vp on it?

She was a high paid paper pusher who was not covert Care - please get your facts right dear

Can you remember a conversation you had with someone years ago?

Scooters conviction stands - yet libs are creating yet another non issue out of nothing

One of the few things they are good at

She was a high paid paper pusher who was not covert Care - please get your facts right dear

Can you remember a conversation you had with someone years ago?

Scooters conviction stands - yet libs are creating yet another non issue out of nothing

One of the few things they are good at

The first time libby lied was late october/november of 2003, to the fbi investigators and this was LESS THAN 4 months after the outing rsr....and if one of the smartest men in political position, a very qualified lawyer....

IF HE COULD NOT REMEMBER something from 4 months ago, he should have said, ''I don't recall'', PERIOD. Instead, he made up a ''story'' to lead investigators away from the vp's office.

And it defies logic that he would not have noted anything to do with plame when accusations of her being outed were made almost immediately, and that would have been in july/august of 03.

As far as plame being just a pencil pusher...that spin has been disproven, more than 100 times over, and you should be ashamed of yourself to still be spouting this rsr!!!

Care

The first time libby lied was late october/november of 2003, to the fbi investigators and this was LESS THAN 4 months after the outing rsr....and if one of the smartest men in political position, a very qualified lawyer....

IF HE COULD NOT REMEMBER something from 4 months ago, he should have said, ''I don't recall'', PERIOD. Instead, he made up a ''story'' to lead investigators away from the vp's office.

And it defies logic that he would not have noted anything to do with plame when accusations of her being outed were made almost immediately, and that would have been in july/august of 03.

As far as plame being just a pencil pusher...that spin has been disproven, more than 100 times over, and you should be ashamed of yourself to still be spouting this rsr!!!

Care

Care, can you rememebr what you posted here 4 months ago? (Don't look)

I could nail you for perjury as well as they did Scooter. All Pres Bush did was ditch the jail time. The conviction, fine, and criminal record still stands

Plame was outed by her husband - not anyone in the WH

In the Cooper e-mails just surrendered by Time to the prosecutor looking into the Plame case, "Cooper wrote that Rove offered him a 'big warning' not to 'get too far out on Wilson.' Rove told Cooper that Wilson's trip had not been authorized by . . . CIA Director George Tenet . . . or Vice President Dick Cheney. Rather, 'it was, [Rove] said, Wilson's wife, who apparently works at the agency on WMD [weapons of mass destruction] issues who authorized the trip.' "

There's no mistaking the purpose of this conversation between Cooper and Rove. It wasn't intended to discredit, defame or injure Wilson's wife. It was intended to throw cold water on the import, seriousness and supposedly high level of Wilson's findings.

While some may differ on the fairness of discrediting Joseph Wilson, it sure isn't any kind of crime.

This Rove-Cooper conversation discredits Wilson, not Plame. In fact, nothing we know so far was done either with the purpose of exposing or even the knowledge that these remarks would be exposing an undercover CIA operative.

But Plame's undercover status at the time was and is a little questionable in any case. How undercover could she have been when her name was published at the time as part of Joseph Wilson's own biography online (see http://www.cpsag.com/our_team/wilson.html)?

There was no offense. As many of Joe Wilson's own hottest defenders would no doubt argue in relation to President Bush, exposing a liar is not only not a crime, it's a public service.

And Wilson lied. Repeatedly....

http://www.federalistjournal.com/fedblog/?p=202

as far as Plame and her paper pusher job

Plame NOT Covert Agent
The Associated Press is reporting that Joe Wilson himself, in an interview on CNN, confirms that Valery Plame was not a covert agent at the time of Robert Novak's article mentioning her name.

AP
Wilson acknowledged his wife was no longer in an undercover job at the time Novak's column first identified her. "My wife was not a clandestine officer the day that Bob Novak blew her identity," he said.

Game over.

http://www.everythingiknowiswrong.com/2005/07/plame_not_cover.html

Forum List

Back